ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbits

bailey1848

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 23, 2003
1. Ham not playing again tbh no idea what’s going on with that. He had a set-back a couple of weeks ago which derailed the original plan of shooting for UNC. If you don’t see him after the bye you won’t see him this year (that’s my speculation)
2. Purdy healthy!! As for who is second team I think that would be interesting. All 3 QBs (Purdy, Blackman and Tate) split reps right now with the 2s
3. No transfer news about us getting anyone but Was told that in January we will get a lot of new ppl and coach will tell ppl who shouldn’t be here to leave lol
4. Terry is doing good! He wasn’t even on crutches 2 days after surgery. (clearly must have gotten the very small shave of a meniscus or something similar)
I’d say you might see Brian Robinson and kentron the two freshman WRs play. Unlikely to see terry this weekend but didn’t rule it out. Brian’s ankle has been hurt but if he’s healthy I could see him getting reps

sorry, nothing earth shattering....but passing along what I was told.

And I posted some more info a few days ago that got buried. Figured I would re-post:

last week he shared some info on Norvell and how he compared to our last coach (Some specifics that made me a bit angry as a fan and booster that I Can’t share here)
On Thursdays Taggart would release coaches and assistants at 3 pm. This year, Norvell has them all watching practice film from the week until 11pm
He critiques/coaches the coaches during these sessions and is brutally honest with them. He is extremely detailed and obsessive about doing things right He doesn’t accept mediocrity from his players OR his coaches/assistants
He participates in special teams meetings and planning ....My friend told me Friday that he guaranteed that they would block a punt Saturday! I didn’t post that because well....if they didn’t I would have been blasted of course. 😀
I will also say that I was very surprised that our D played so well Saturday. I was told the DLine was short handed,(with Briggs back though of course) and Dix and Lundy getting most of the reps in practice I was expecting a bunch of mistakes.
was told that the scout team was doing pretty well against our D 😀
(And fuller installed a new wrinkle he called the “umbrella D” to defend Howell and those skill players). I was certain that our guys wouldn’t be able to digest yet a new wrinkle but it clearly allowed them to play fast and they were playing very aggressive and gang tackling. Hopeful to see more of this this season
He believes players are buying into the “every play matters” concept and are changing habits

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News