ADVERTISEMENT

Titans fire Whisenhunt

EastCoastNole04

Seminole Insider
Dec 28, 2013
Thank goodness Jameis wasn't drafted to this team which will now undergo even more change and give the savior MM more instability to develop himself.

Firings like this, less than two years into tenure, tell me there was much more clashing behind closed doors. I wonder if there was disagreement between ownership and coaching on taking MM 2nd overall?

Well there are also many already calling for Lovie's head. Just sayin...

I am amazed at how much fans out into coaching vs players, like 90 10, IMO it is 70-90 percent players and 10-30 percent coaching.

Where the titans made a mistake was winning two games last year when they should of lost once, thus obtaining the number one pick.

Tampa bay is looking good. Think about this draft.

Kwon-rookie of year and potential HOF one day
Jameis- same as above
Ali marpett maybe HOf one day at minimum 10 yr player

Had Jameis gone to the titans then they would be much bettor. It is because they would of had Jameis

Fans call for any coaches firing the second they lose a game. Just wait until the second half this week if FSU is behind. This board will be (foolishly) calling for Jimbo's head. I guarantee it.

Have you heard of any dissent internally at TB? That's a different story. When you take a QB in the top 5 in my opinion, you have to give it two years before making a staff decision, unless the current coaching staff is the sole reason you are picking there, in which case he shouldn't be making that draft choice for you. Otherwise, you have to develop these guys first. Alex Smith is exhibit A.

I am amazed at how much fans out into coaching vs players, like 90 10, IMO it is 70-90 percent players and 10-30 percent coaching.

Where the titans made a mistake was winning two games last year when they should of lost once, thus obtaining the number one pick.

Tampa bay is looking good. Think about this draft.

Kwon-rookie of year and potential HOF one day
Jameis- same as above
Ali marpett maybe HOf one day at minimum 10 yr player

Talk about going overboard. Give it at least 3 seasons before you say such things.

Tampa bay is looking good.
They're sitting at 3-4, which isn't great but already more wins than they had last season. Add to that, they could easily have one or two more wins (choked a huge lead away vs washington and their former kicker left 10 points on the field at houston). That could be a 4-3 or 5-2 Bucs squad. Not bad - esp considering the rash of injuries they've continued to face.

Thank goodness Jameis wasn't drafted to this team which will now undergo even more change and give the savior MM more instability to develop himself.

Firings like this, less than two years into tenure, tell me there was much more clashing behind closed doors. I wonder if there was disagreement between ownership and coaching on taking MM 2nd overall?
No he was 3-20 as HC. Nothing going on behind closed doors. Just losing in abundance.

Titans do have a top 5 D, a very good young franchise QB and a top pick coming up in draft. This should be a very attractive opportunity for any coach.

First good move by Titans admin in a while and with the right hire they could be contenders very soon.

I agree. Now I did not follow the bucs until jaboo got there but from perseason to the first game or two this team was absolutely horrible. One of the worst teams I had ever seen on a professional level. But they have pulled it together and have gotten better and better each week and are now playing pretty damn good. Should have won last week and would have a two game winning streak. And they just beat one of the best teams in the league in Atlanta. That has to be coaching.

He was 3-20 in a year and a half, this has nothing to do with Mariota. Anytime a QB is drafted that high, that means they are going to a bad team. You cannot win 3 games in a year and a half (including not winning a home game in over a year) and expect to keep your job.

No he was 3-20 as HC. Nothing going on behind closed doors. Just losing in abundance.

Titans do have a top 5 D, a very good young franchise QB and a top pick coming up in draft. This should be a very attractive opportunity for any coach.

First good move by Titans admin in a while and with the right hire they could be contenders very soon.

Agree. The o-line is really the only glaring weakness on the team, but it is easily the worst 0-line in the league. . I think there will be quite a few coaches interested in the job. A better o-line and more consistent running game and there is a lot of potential for the Titans to be a good team in the next few years, but it wasn't happening with Whisenhunt. And I also assume the GM will be gone at the end of the year as well.

Reactions: SamariNole21
Agree. The o-line is really the only glaring weakness on the team, but it is easily the worst 0-line in the league. . I think there will be quite a few coaches interested in the job. A better o-line and more consistent running game and there is a lot of potential for the Titans to be a good team in the next few years, but it wasn't happening with Whisenhunt. And I also assume the GM will be gone at the end of the year as well.
Yup Whiz needed to be gone. Titans were progressing but you can't have that W-L record and keep your job. GM for sure needs to be gone too. I would keep Lebeau and Horton as co-DCs though. They have done very good job.

Oline is just terrible. And injuries have made it much worse. Both centers went down so picked up some random guy last week. Guards have been hurt too. The original group of starters were already a liability and now it is a group of misfits running around with their head cut off. If Titans can fix their oline (already have some young talent there) than they can compete. The AFC South is beyond pathetic too so they could be a playoff team if they can make the correct upgrades.

Yup Whiz needed to be gone. Titans were progressing but you can't have that W-L record and keep your job. GM for sure needs to be gone too. I would keep Lebeau and Horton as co-DCs though. They have done very good job.

Oline is just terrible. And injuries have made it much worse. Both centers went down so picked up some random guy last week. Guards have been hurt too. The original group of starters were already a liability and now it is a group of misfits running around with their head cut off. If Titans can fix their oline (already have some young talent there) than they can compete. The AFC South is beyond pathetic too so they could be a playoff team if they can make the correct upgrades.

The performance by the line last week against Houston might have been the worst effort I have evern seen. A parking cone would have had just as much success trying to block Watt as Poutassi had at RT. Plus, Lewan got beat all day too. The problem, is that Whisenhunt was so stubborn, that he would never make changes to his blocking schemes or what not.

Reactions: SamariNole21
Had Jameis gone to the titans then they would be much bettor. It is because they would of had Jameis

Unless Jameis was going to block for himself and play RT along with QB, then they would not be much better with Jameis.

My wife is convinced that Jimbo and Jameis worked out a plan when he was in town for the Louisville game, that they will be reunited in the NFL.

Ha ha hmmm...is that totally crazy?

I'm hoping so. Hard to even imagine who the next HC here would be if JF left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT