ADVERTISEMENT

Updates from Tuesday's player availability: RB Rodney Hill, OL Daughtry Richardson, TE Brian Courtney

Austin R. Cox

Warchant Staff Writer
Apr 29, 2019
Tallahassee, Fl.
Hey everyone! We're scheduled to speak with true freshmen newcomers tight end Brian Courtney, running back Rodney Hill and offensive lineman Daughtry Richardson this afternoon.

The interviews are scheduled for around 1:00 p.m., so check back later around then for full updates. We'll come back with stories after that.

TE Brian Courtney is first.

On focusing solely on TE
"I am looking forward to it." Said he is looking forward to hitting some guys after playing QB.

On changing his body
"Try to have put on 10 pounds of weight." Said he has gotten better form on weightlifting so far

On how playing QB can help him.
"Quarterbacks are always under and pressure under the spotlight." It helps him to be a better leader, too.

On his recruiting process
I had some other schools at linebacker and positions like that. But he thought TE was the best fit for him.

Says he's pretty much lining up everywhere so far at TE at all three positions FSU uses including H back.

On Chris Thomsen
He's great. A switch between joking and serious, talking football. Its what you need.

On learning the playbook, what is the challenge?
A lot of is is different verbiage and learning. Being a QB will help. He had to know where everyone else needed to be before.

On other schools offering him as a TE, QB
"It was FSU. They were the first school that offered me and they are aggressive in recruiting." Said he wanted to play TE not LB because he likes offense

On how hard the FSU staff recruited him
"The whole staff, was texts, emails, calls all the time. So I really felt like a priority to them."

Next up is RB Rodney Hill.

Strengths as RB
As of right now I am trying to learn it all right now. I am trying to get a feel for it at first.

Veterans who have helped him so far
CJ Campbell and Lawrance Toafili are the main two he learns the playbook with.

On learning the playbook
"It'll be good to see. I am just trying to learn it all right now. Its going to be great when its my time."

On FSU last season
"It is headed in the right direction. It wasn't our time at that point. Says the work is going to show this season

On why he chose FSU
Said he came to the spring game and really liked it.

OL Daughtry Richardson is next.

On moving back to home
I lived here before so Tallahassee is home to me. Be a Nole and play for FSU.

On strength and conditioning
I believe in Coach Storms, what he is doing to my body is great, Said he is adding lean weight that he is comfortable with heading into spring

On Atkins
Coach Atkins was the realest never told me a lie. He was always truthful. Said their relationship is great and he pushes him to be better every day.

On coming in with a stacked OL class
It is helpful for them to come in and learn the offense together. Helps them get a head start learning from each other and the older guys.

On why he picked FSU
Said he felt like FSU was home and because of the relationship with the coaches.

On being a freshman OL, is it not as much pressure?
There's no pressure at all. I am a young offensive tackle and still learning. Said

On being an FSU fan. Said he always rooted for them even against Miami.
Loves Dalvin Cook, Jameis Winston, Derwin James. It feels great to be a Nole and to block for the next great QB or offensive players.

On veterans who have helped hum.
Lloyd Willis and other lineman have taught him the playbook and are pushing him everyday in practice.

That's all from today! Yall have a great day

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News