ADVERTISEMENT

Updates, video from Norvell (on Terry, Blackman, Wilson, Love-Taylor, Hamsah)

CoreyClark

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Dec 10, 2017
What's up folks?
About to get started here with Norvell and some defensive players. Supposedly right around 11 a.m. or so.
So hang tight and we'll see you soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I thought our guys came out and got some good work in, continue to emphasize situations and fundamentals in all aspects ... in all aspects continuing to push. ... Try to always create adverse situations where we must overcome. Going on the road, late kickoff ... I think our guys understand the steps are necessary.

"Sunday I had a conversation with James Blackman, came in and had a really good talk, discussed interest in exploring other opportunities after he graduates from Florida State. I appreciate all the work he's poured into this program, he's an incredible young man, has a bright future in front of him. ... he's going to start that process now as he continues to go to school and give everything he can. I'd like to thank James for everything he's done at Florida State. ... He's a young man who has great character."

"Marvin Wilson and Devontay Love-Taylor have both experienced injuries that will keep them out for the rest of the year." Says Marvin had a slight procedure and that even though he'll be back soon, "it was something he had to get done and we support him in his rehabilitation." Says he loves how Marvin still interacts with his teammates and will continue to be around the team. .... Obviously, (DLT) is going to start his rehabiliation process soon and hopefully work to get him back here next year." the plan is for DLT to be back again next season. At least that's what Norvell is hoping for.

"Tamorrion Terry is no longer a part of the program and we'll move forward from there. ...

Says Jarrett Jackson (DT transfer from Louisville) is now available to play. He's been working with the scout team. And can play the last 4-5 games of the season. Will have three years remaining after this year.

"I do want to point out that Hamsah has had his best week this week. ... Responding the right way within his rehabilitation. He's probably had his biggest work load up to this point ... definitely excited to see him get even more involved this week." Says he took a big step forward.

Norvell says Green, Jay and Hamsah all worked in team drills. "Renardo has just done an incredible job in his rehabilitation." Says he thinks all three have a chance to be available.

"The guys that are here have come to work each day and continued to focus on their group and this football team. ... I appreciate that. At the end of the day, that's what we're here to do ... to invest in this program and each other. ... This is not for everybody. At the end of the day there are going to be challenges that show up ... there's also going to be challenges in life and how you respond to those challenges shows what you're all about and we're excited about the guys we have moving forward."

"I don't want to lose any player. ... I can promise you I want guys here that are 100 percent invested in growth and development and understand how to respond when things go good and maybe don't go well for you. ... I'm definitely excited about some of the steps we've seen ... I never came in thinking this is what it's going to be, ... we're going to continue to hold people to the standard of what it takes to be successful."

"That's a question. We had a talk. North Carolina game was a really good game. ... I think Tamorrion worked hard to get himself back to be able to take the field this last week and he's no longer a part of the program this week."

"James, I think everybody understands, it's been a challenge for James. ... I was really disappointed when he was taking the field the other day, some fans, that were booing when he took the field. That bothered me." Says he's a kid that has put in a lot of work for the program. "I respect James, I respect who he is as a young man, I think it's one thing that he's going to continue to grow from. ... We sat down and had a good talk on Sunday." Norvell told him he'd help him any way he can moving forward. "I'm glad to know James Blackman and the person he is. ... I'll be there to help support and cheer and everything I can do. ... We all want to see James in the best possible situation for him."

"Jordan we'll continue to evaluate ... day by day."

On Hamsah: "it's the most extensive work. He's been out and in practice settings and different things like that when it comes to full speed. ... We were out on the field yesterday, there's a play on defense and he came up, fit a play right where you need to be, great contact, and just to see the smile on his face it literally brought a tear to my eye. ... Hamsah had an injury that was devastating emotionally to him ... to see that smile yesterday on the practice field, the opportunity to compete, that joy, that's why I do, ... I'm excited for him, ... he's contining to get better, ... his teammates see it, his coaches see it and we're grateful to have him."

On Chubba: "Here early in the week we've been able to give both of those (freshmen) a lot of reps. Chubba's development is going to be an ongoing process, just due to the circumstances he's had to face ... he's learning on the run. The last week and the week prior were just challenges because of the game situations ... he's continuing to prepare this week for any opportunity that might present itself."

"This is an emotional year in a lot of ways, with what these guys have had to sacrifice just to play the game of football, with covid and testing ... it's been unreal. ... We're going to meet these boys where they are and continue to have them grow and get better ... and that's going to continue to be our focus."

Norvell thanks the media for not asking the personnel questions until today. And wanted to wish a happy veterans day to everyone. He had gotten up and then sat back down for that message.

And that's a wrap for Norvell.
Asante Samuel is up next.

"I had been seeing the punt returner get yards that they don't normally get. ... I didn't want them to get any more yards." Said they were low on corners but he didn't care at that point.

On Terry and Blackman leaving: "Those are our brothers since the day I got here. You have to keep pushing as a team and working every day."

"It's important for me to be well-rounded, but the main thing is winning games ... It's something in me, I guess pride."

On Hamsah: "He's been working hard since the day after his surgery. ... There's been a lot of setbacks with Hamsah. It's just the process. ... Make sure you're good to go when you come back on the field and he's looking pretty good and I'm excited."

"It's difficult going out there week to week after a loss. But we've got to keep pushing, keep fighting, you can't quit, give up. We're going to have a game this Saturday and we've got to be prepared."

That's a wrap for Asante.
Robert Cooper is up next.

"I just know that everybody is just controlling what we can control. That's truly all I can say."

On Jackson being eligible: "I like JJ, ever since he came in, he always wanted to learn more. ... He's doing everything right, focusing and I can't wait to see how he puts it all out there. He's been good for us."

On Marvin being around the program: "It's Marv. Helping us on certain things that he knows ... just being that extra help, coach wise, always making sure we're doing the right thing, coming off the ball, ... Coach Wilson."

And that's a wrap for Cooper.
All questions asked by Warchant staff. Which isn't a stunner in these things.

Amari Gainer is up next.

"Making sure everybody staying positive ... Keeping everybody upbeat, keeping everybody positive, keeping everybody locked in."

On Hamsah: "It's a lot better. Just looking back there knowing you have a veteran out there you can trust ... he's out there looking good, running good, making plays ... I Can't wait to see him out there."

On working at will in the bye week: "Getting a little bit more comfortable with it this week. I just can't wait to be out there and make plays."

On Hockman: "We kind of went to church together. ... Off the field it's pretty positive, on the field it's a different story. ... A faceless opponent.

And that's a wrap for Gainer.
Three of the 4 questions there were by Warchant.com staff.

And that's a wrap for today.
Big day! Lots of news! Stay excited for FSU football. Going to be an interesting final month.
Stay with us throughout. We really appreciate you being here. Sincerely.

Peace. Love.
Clark. Out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News