ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead 03/29/2015.............spoilers

Random_John

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2007
The episode was WAY over-hyped. While I felt the episode was solid I there are moments that really pissed me off:

1. Glen, don't follow Nicholas. Just yell out that he's leaving and let the town hash it out.
2. How did Glen get away from being under 3 walkers. I had the same issue with Tyrese at the car last season...
3. Rick apparently ran for hours around town in the daylight without running into anyone or alerting anyone that there are walkers inside the town.
4. No way Father Gabriel is forgiven that quickly by this group. No. Way.
5. Who taught Morgan Kung-Fu? This isn't the matrix and we were never introduced to a kung-fu master trainer.
6. The Wolves were only shown as two guys who apparently collect walkers for some unknown reason and they are big fans of zombie raves.
7. Who wrote the note that bad guys are coming? To know to write that you would have to know the bad guys are bad guys and as we've found out by the time you know the Wolves are bad it's too late...........unless you are a zen ninja master with a stick.
8. They left the front gate open........seriously.
9. No season ending cliffhanger.

Best season finale of all the seasons thus far. Hard to believe that no regulars died. The Wolves are scary evil. I think Carol can take them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I thought it was a GREAT finale, but to your points:

1. Glen, don't follow Nicholas. Just yell out that he's leaving and let the town hash it out.

Can't argue there. But I didn't have a huge issue with it either. It's a TV show. People don't behave how they're supposed to on tv.

2. How did Glen get away from being under 3 walkers. I had the same issue with Tyrese at the car last season...

My only real gripe as well. I was similarly peeved when Tyrese just somehow got away too.

3. Rick apparently ran for hours around town in the daylight without running into anyone or alerting anyone that there are walkers inside the town.

I think this was a genuine oversight on the part of the writers/director. It was light when he found the gate open, then mysteriously, it was night...Rick was missing from the town hall meeting, and there are walkers all over the place. I think that was just a shoddy job of directing.

What a waste of a character. He serves no purpose. More useless than Judith.

5. Who taught Morgan Kung-Fu? This isn't the matrix and we were never introduced to a kung-fu master trainer.

I sort of agree, but I'm going w/willful suspension of disbelief and just rolling with it. He's a badass and a compelling character.

6. The Wolves were only shown as two guys who apparently collect walkers for some unknown reason and they are big fans of zombie raves.

I think we met two of the wolves...not that the wolves are only two guys. Also, are those two guys that Morgan placed in the car the same two guys who return at the end to kill the red poncho guy? I couldn't tell. That was a bit confusing.

7. Who wrote the note that bad guys are coming? To know to write that you would have to know the bad guys are bad guys and as we've found out by the time you know the Wolves are bad it's too late...........unless you are a zen ninja master with a stick.

Thought this was a cheesy part of the show. I haven't given it a second thought.

Lame. Super lame.

Meh, they left us with PLENTY to think about heading into next year between Morgan, the Wolves, Rick's new romance-to-be, Evil Carol, etc. This show is in its stride. No risk of running out of steam anytime soon. Also, I can't wait to see the spinoff!

Agreed, strong season but this finale sucked. Only good part was watching Rick wheel around and pull the trigger like the cold blooded bastard he has become.

I thought it was over hyped. I didn't catch how the wolves had pictures of Rick and Carl. Where did those come from? What is the point in the Wolves setting traps for people? Just to come get their stuff later? The priest sucks and needs to be take out soon.

The pics are from Aaron's back pack that was pulled off of him by a walker. After the two "wolves" put the walkers back in the trucks, one of them found it. I assume they now have the listening device as well.

One thing that really bothered me about father Gabriel was that he killed a walker and a dying man in a white tee shirt - that remained stainless after bashing in their heads. How does he not get blood splatter on his shirt?

Originally posted by Random_John:
The episode was WAY over-hyped. While I felt the episode was solid I there are moments that really pissed me off:

I thought that pretty much matched the issues going on between the two...they were personal and only between them. Glen's had enough of this guy and is going to continue to handle him on his own.

Maybe he's bit (like Bob) and we'll find out in season 6. If not, then just remember he escaped Merl's walker with his hands tied to a chair.

Rick apparently ran for hours around town in the daylight without
running into anyone or alerting anyone that there are walkers inside the
town.
I thought all the town's people were at the meeting, so they'd be unaware that some walkers came in.

Agreed. That guy is a complete and utter wuss! He wan't Rick's group gone because they "know what he's done." If they won't go, then he's going to commit suicide by zombie attack...then too scared for that so he bates Sasha into killing him. I wish she would have.

Maybe he picked up a book on Ninja Fight'n.
wink.r191677.gif

The Wolves were only shown as two guys who apparently collect walkers
for some unknown reason and they are big fans of zombie raves.
I can guarantee you they are part of a much larger group.

Who wrote the note that bad guys are coming? To know to write that you
would have to know the bad guys are bad guys and as we've found out by
the time you know the Wolves are bad it's too late...........unless you
are a zen ninja master with a stick.
I assume the last person to fall into that trap. They probably died in that car and were later removed by the wolves.

"they" didn't...Gabriel did because he'd pretty much lost it at that point...having just returned from attempted suicide. Who would have thought he/she couldn't trust a preacher?

Morgan's reaction to taking a "precious life" was a decent cliffhanger, but the norm.

Originally posted by Dr.NolesKnite:
One thing that really bothered me about father Gabriel was that he killed a walker and a dying man in a white tee shirt - that remained stainless after bashing in their heads. How does he not get blood splatter on his shirt?
Wife and I noticed this as well...can't imagine it being an oversight as "everything has meaning" in this show, so we took it as symbolic...just not sure what it symbolized. Maybe Gabriel is the devil.
laugh.r191677.gif

Morgan... Morgan went to atone for his sins and I think now he has. While he didn't actually die, he did kind of give himself up, if only to chicken out and finally defend himself at the end. So now I think he's forgiven himself and has started to grow a pair finally. His shirt represents his sins being washed away.

just my musings. have to watch it again. I had a similar vibe from what's-her-name the crazy beotch. When she lay down with the dead walkers in the mass grave.

Originally posted by Bartdog:

Morgan... Morgan went to atone for his sins and I think now he has. While he didn't actually die, he did kind of give himself up, if only to chicken out and finally defend himself at the end. So now I think he's forgiven himself and has started to grow a pair finally. His shirt represents his sins being washed away.

just my musings. have to watch it again. I had a similar vibe from what's-her-name the crazy beotch. When she lay down with the dead walkers in the mass grave.
Sasha was laying in the pit almost as if she was being crucified too.

Maybe the "Wolves" wrote the note and left it in the car just to mess with people.

Originally posted by Zeek99:

Maybe the "Wolves" wrote the note and left it in the car just to mess with people.
maybe the note writer(s) waited it out in the car until the wolves got back. when the wolves returned and started up their zombie dance party they got the people and did whatever to them, but the note was still hidden.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
Wife and I noticed this as well...can't imagine it being an oversight as "everything has meaning" in this show, so we took it as symbolic...just not sure what it symbolized. Maybe Gabriel is the devil.
laugh.r191677.gif
We commented on that too, but if I'm trying to pull some kind of symbolism out of it... here's a stab... FG didn't believe in killing at all, right? Because it was a sin, and he made comments like 'blood is on your hands' to/about Rick's group because of the killing they did. So here he is, and instead of giving himself up, he gives in and finally pops his zombie-kill cherry, but no blood got on him, because it isn't really a sin in God's eyes now (or maybe ever).

Originally posted by tommynole3476:

We commented on that too, but if I'm trying to pull some kind of symbolism out of it... here's a stab... FG didn't believe in killing at all, right? Because it was a sin, and he made comments like 'blood is on your hands' to/about Rick's group because of the killing they did. So here he is, and instead of giving himself up, he gives in and finally pops his zombie-kill cherry, but no blood got on him, because it isn't really a sin in God's eyes now (or maybe ever).
I like this theory, especially if they are going to try and get fans to like Gabriel, this would be a good start to reforming his character. I actually like this a lot. Send it to the writers.

My response to this post in the other thread, since this is the live one now.

It seems like they use other survivors to help setup and/or create their traps. So I would assume the note was left by the red poncho guy, or a similar person.

The daylight to night thing isn't really exclusive to TWD, many shows/movies do it, and while I agree it is annoying, it isn't some huge problem I have with this particular episode.

The group has known that FG is a effup/POS for almost the entire time they've known him, so I can see them getting 'over it' relatively quickly since he actually seemed to finally be contrite about his sins.

Don't really have any problem with the Glenn/Nicholas storyline. Their 'come to Jesus' needed to be separate, away from the group so they could work their crap out on their own.

They didn't 'leave the gate open' per se, FG was in his trance or whatever that was, and he just wasn't paying attention when he 'closed' it.

I think the Wolves having the pictures of the ASZ and whatever else was in Aaron's bag is a pretty big deal, especially if they have that listening device, so that's a cliffhanger to me.

Originally posted by fsugrad06:

I like this theory, especially if they are going to try and get fans to like Gabriel, this would be a good start to reforming his character. I actually like this a lot. Send it to the writers.
If they can make me like FG at some point, I'll be shocked, he's beyond Andrea or Lori for me now as far as annoying and useless goes. But I do agree it would seem that the writers may be looking to do that, the community could use someone who is used to hearing people's sins and keeping it to themselves.

I can easily see Eugene sitting down with FG at some point saying 'Sometimes, when I see female walkers, I feel a rush of blood to my nether regions and I need to sit down for a minute...'

So the ending confused me...did Rick shoot the old man who got his throat cut so he wouldn't turn or did he shoot the guy who accidentally cut his throat??

My wife says the latter, but I thought it was left to interpretation.

They need to get rid of Sash and Father Gabriel, completely useless characters IMO.

I thought this season overall was one of the best but was very disappointed in the finale. I guess I just don't see what everyone else did in thinking it was so amazing.

Originally posted by Nole-4-Life:
So the ending confused me...did Rick shoot the old man who got his throat cut so he wouldn't turn or did he shoot the guy who accidentally cut his throat??

Definitely shot Pete, not really sure how anyone would think otherwise.

He gets the go ahead from Deanna, then turns with his back facing her to fire a shot, so unless he decided to put Reg down with some kind of behind the back trickshot ricochet off the concrete, he had to be firing at Pete.

Originally posted by nynole1:
They need to get rid of Sash and Father Gabriel, completely useless characters IMO.

I thought this season overall was one of the best but was very disappointed in the finale. I guess I just don't see what everyone else did in thinking it was so amazing.

I feel the same, I actually thought it was a mediocre at best, it was leading up to something exciting happening between Rick running around town, Glen with the gun to Nicholas head, nobody cares about Sasha and Father Gabriel, I was hoping Maggie would kill them both.

The best show of the season was the first one, the rest have been less than subpar yet I will keep watching.

Originally posted by Nole-4-Life:

Definitely shot Pete, not really sure how anyone would think otherwise.

He gets the go ahead from Deanna, then turns with his back facing her to fire a shot, so unless he decided to put Reg down with some kind of behind the back trickshot ricochet off the concrete, he had to be firing at Pete.
Agree, Reg was in Deanna's arms, Pete was being held down by Abe. Rick definitely shot Pete. I think what the writers hoped would the thought provoking moment is Morgan seeing Rick covered in blood and execute Pete, after having said, "all life is precious" and hoping fans would talk about how their relationship will be in Season 6.

The Wolves remind me of The Acolytes, the motorcycle gang from the first Mad Max movie.

I also thought Rick shot Pete, but it wouldn't surprise me if the next episode shows otherwise. The big question now is who's gonna put the knife through Reg's melon?

I'm hoping Gabriel has seen the light and now turns into a badass quasi-religious figure, something like Denzel Washington in Book of Eli or Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider. Otherwise, he's just has to go.

IMHO it was a ridiculous finale. Suddenly these survivors are letting all the evil characters they come across live? Really, because that's what got them here.....Glenn, well you tried to kill me twice, let's be friends. Morgan, You want to torture me, I'll take your gun ninja style and leave you to chill in the woods. Are you serious?
Painfully obvious that these evils will cause trouble next season.
Disappointing season if you ask me compared to the first few.

Originally posted by rjw615:
Originally posted by nynole1:

I feel the same, I actually thought it was a mediocre at best, it was leading up to something exciting happening between Rick running around town, Glen with the gun to Nicholas head, nobody cares about Sasha and Father Gabriel, I was hoping Maggie would kill them both.

The best show of the season was the first one, the rest have been less than subpar yet I will keep watching.
Thats the thing: at no point did I think Glen or Maggie would kill any of those people, absolutely ZERO suspense about that. The only one with a set was Rick who ended that guy without hesitation.

Father Gabriel... Gabriel went to atone for his sins and I think now he has. While he didn't actually die, he did kind of give himself up, if only to chicken out and finally defend himself at the end. So now I think he's forgiven himself and has started to grow a pair finally. His shirt represents his sins being washed away.

just my musings. have to watch it again. I had a similar vibe from what's-her-name the crazy beotch (Sasha). When she lay down with the dead walkers in the mass grave.
FIFY
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
IMHO it was a ridiculous finale. Suddenly these survivors are letting all the evil characters they come across live? Really, because that's what got them here.....Glenn, well you tried to kill me twice, let's be friends. Morgan, You want to torture me, I'll take your gun ninja style and leave you to chill in the woods. Are you serious?
Disagree, I think the Glenn-Nicholas storyline will be about forgiveness and growth still being possible in the new world and Nicholas will redeem himself. Last we saw Morgan, he had lost his mind, and I guess he found enlightenment, because of his line about all life being precious. Although, he did knock the Wolves unconscious and start honking the car horn to attract walkers.

Disagree, I think the Glenn-Nicholas storyline will be about forgiveness and growth still being possible in the new world and Nicholas will redeem himself. Last we saw Morgan, he had lost his mind, and I guess he found enlightenment, because of his line about all life being precious. Although, he did knock the Wolves unconscious and start honking the car horn to attract walkers.
Apparently Morgan also found a Shoalin temple.

During his talking dead interview, he was asked about this and he said that he honked the horn to make sure there were no walkers before he left - not to attract them.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

Father Gabriel... Gabriel went to atone for his sins and I think now he has. While he didn't actually die, he did kind of give himself up, if only to chicken out and finally defend himself at the end. So now I think he's forgiven himself and has started to grow a pair finally. His shirt represents his sins being washed away.

just my musings. have to watch it again. I had a similar vibe from what's-her-name the crazy beotch (Sasha). When she lay down with the dead walkers in the mass grave.
FIFY
wink.r191677.gif
thanks, I honestly forgot her name. and I don't think Gabriel's a priest any more.

Weird, I thought this season was easily the best season so far.

Sure, it had about 2-3 episodes worth of meh, but the first half was excellent, and the finale had the perfect mix of resolution and intrigue for the next season.

During his talking dead interview, he was asked about this and he said that he honked the horn to make sure there were no walkers before he left - not to attract them.
Good to know, I haven't had the chance to watch Talking Dead yet. That furthers his transformation then.

Good to know, I haven't had the chance to watch Talking Dead yet. That furthers his transformation then.
That still doesn't really make sense though. To me, I thought it was so that there would be a few walkers there when they woke up, and they'd have to deal with them before trying to catch up with him.

So if a few came over, was he going to kill them for the wolves? That seems odd, what if he gets caught up fighting a few and they regain consciousness?

Agreed. Remember too, Nicholas is a follower, and he was simply following Aiden's lead when it came to being a wuss and leaving people to die. He'll probably turn into a valuable member of the team that makes runs.

I doubt FG becomes some kind of bad@$$, only because we're starting to get a lot of bad@$$es on the show, Morgan, Daryl, Michionne, Rick, and even Glenn at times. My guess is that FG has atoned, and will be given an opportunity, that he will take, to give himself up for the greater good in the first half of season 6.

Plus, it seems like Morgan is possibly going to be a regular in season 6 and beyond, and you all know the rules...

I feel like Rick and crew are going to treat this place like a boot camp and train everyone how to kill. It's only a matter of time until the wolves show up and get spanked.

I feel like Rick and crew are going to treat this place like a boot camp and train everyone how to kill. It's only a matter of time until the wolves show up and get spanked.
Kinda like The Magnificent Seven.

Pretty sure Rick shot Pete. Didn't see it but apparently he was on Talking Dead in the Remember the Dead sequence. Think it will be interesting who puts the knife to Reg's head.

I think the Wolves having the pictures of the ASZ and whatever else was in Aaron's bag is a pretty big deal, especially if they have that listening device, so that's a cliffhanger to me.
More importantly, did Aaron have any maps to/from Alexandria in the bag?

I didn't make the connection that they got the pics from Aaron until reading the recap threads. Watching live, it looked like the pics were of Rick next to a train car, so i thought the Wolves were following them since Terminus.

Onto the numbered comments:
1. As said above, Glen was trying to keep it between the two of them.
2. Because.... Glen.
3. It must've been one long meeting to run from daytime into the night.
4. I could see Maggie forgiving him due to her moral upbringing and all. EXCEPT that she was the one who eavesdropped on his betrayal. He is pretty clearly nuts though and the group has shown that they'll overlook periods of insanity in the past.
5. Morgan probably got alot of practice time against walkers that he encountered during his trek.
6. Maybe there's more Wolves or maybe they're the two guys (minus the girl) who got kicked out of Alexandria. Or both.
7. I'd guess the wolves wrote it to get their victims back out into the fray a little quicker.
8. FG pulled it closed and it bounced back instead of latching. Being the idiot that he is, he turned away without checking it.
9. No imminent peril, but lots of intrigue: Wolves are coming. We don't know if Glen was bit during his miraculous escape or if Nicholas will fess up this time. Zen Morgan showed up at exactly the wrong time - how will he react? Will Rick still be able to hook up with the MILF after killing her husband in front of her?

I'd also like to see Deanna's husband make a quick turn while the entire town is there. Rick should leave finishing him to the townspeople to kickstart the toughening process. If they've been effectively sheltered the whole time and only lost people that they abandoned outside the walls, they may not even know that everyone turns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT