ADVERTISEMENT

Watch: Brian Pensky on 2023 team, schedule, Seminoles in Women's World Cup

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU soccer coach Brian Pensky discusses the 2023 team, a road-heavy early schedule, Seminoles in Women's World Cup and more

I'll post some of his thoughts this evening but here's the video:

Reactions: NoleLizards
Tuesday was the first day of practice for FSU. They practiced in the morning.

FSU opens with exhibition at UCF. The August regular-season games at TCU and Texas A&M are return trips after those programs came here in prior years. "We tried really hard to get more home games and there were not many people that wanted to come to Tallahassee," Pensky said.

He has never been to TCU but jokes about the "wild environment" of the soccer field at Texas A&M. Pensky says it is very rowdy and loud around the visiting bench.

Pensky and the players feel much more comfortable, familiar with each other as Year 2 begins for himself and the players. "Undoubtedly, I've been through a whole fall, I've been through a whole spring, right? I'm not sitting like I was here one year ago today after one practice with this group."

He forgets what game he watched recently but thinks it was Jamaica in the Women's World Cup. "I think I heard Florida State mentioned probably in the 7-10 times range. That's a big deal. From a recruiting standpoint, from a pride standpoint, from a brand standpoint, all of the above. It's a real big deal. And it probably upsets some of our competitors as well. That's ok."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT