ADVERTISEMENT

What TV character do you respect the most?

Because he's just such a BA
ragnar-lothbrok-7.jpg

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Jon Stewart count?

He's a fellow William and Mary grad and seeing Trevor Noah's uncharismatic and unfunny butt warming his seat reminds me just how awesome he was. It's too bad his previous three hand picked successors Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell and John Oliver are off doing their own things because they would have actually done an admirable job. Now we have to hope they fire Trevor sooner not later and don't kill off the show by waiting too long to ditch him for someone else. And it's not a black thing, I think Jessica Williams, Wyatt Cenac and Aisha Tyler all three would have been great replacements (all considered but not chosen). Trevor is just too raw/inexperienced, too unfamiliar with Mericun politics and probably too untalented.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole
Old School: Sherriff AndyTtaylor of Mayberry! Single dad, put up with Barney and that old biddy Aunt Bea. Raised a good kid in Opie, admitted his mistakes and kept the peace in Mayberry!

If you loved Airwolf as a kid (as I did) then there's no way you can't watch them as an adult.

Tell me that doesn't just get you all giddy inside!

The theme song is of course amazing and the fight scenes are better than I remember (truthfully I didn't think those helos could do a cobra roll and not crash). But the acting and the "plots" are what does it in for me.

On a side note, there's no better era for theme songs than the 80s. Just one right after another, most of shows mid 90s on have forgettable theme songs when you compare it to the 80s shows like Airwolf, A-Team, Knight Rider, CHiPs, Fame, Seaquest, Star Trek TNG, Magnum PI, Night Court, Facts of Life, Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Fall Guy, St Elsewhere, Dukes of Hazard, Cheers, Dallas, Golden Girls, Seinfeld (89 is when it started), Cosby Show (prefinding out about rapings of course), Charles in Charge, Taxi (80 theme is the one people remembers although it started in 78), Love Boat, Full House, Moonlighting, Pee Wees Playhouse and a TON more. You could go on and on. Most of the theme songs now are huge duds.

Don't know if respect is the right word but I think he's a pretty cool character.

james-spader-blacklist.jpg
The definition of pretentious ... His quotes are always like "I was hiking to the summit of K2 and found a group of transformed Tibetan monks who taught me the virtues of using only Brazilian coriander root oil to sweeten my French espresso ..."

You get my point :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT