ADVERTISEMENT

What will you grab when a epic hurricane hits?

Get your photos and family videos.

Thanks to Ivan my parents/brother/sister lost most of everything we had in 2004. Lame when you only have a handful of pictures of yourself prior to the age of 25.

Last edited:
I'd probably be like your wife - things I would grab would mostly be old family photos & keepsakes.

My important documents, wedding photos, cash, baseball bat, computer back up drive, phone and charger, and the few other valuables. Also toothpaste and brush.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
birth certs, ss cards, marriage license, passports, family photos, enough clothes to last a couple days

In that order :)
family photos are important, but a lot of stuff is in cyberspace now....the one dog is too dumb to swim and the other one is blind so they have to come along....and, of course, the wife comes first, on this list or any other :) - when Irma was headed our way, I had some plans to secure the laptop and client files, etc...but beyond that, stuff is just stuff.

So, the small stuff?
iu

The serious answer:
  • Wallet
  • Phone and charger
  • Water
  • Non- perishable foods
  • Shotgun
  • Extra Clothes
  • Toilet Paper
  • Paper Towels
  • First Aid Kit
  • Pillow/Blankets/Sleeping bag

I have all the kids picture and other important things on an external hard drive. That would be coming with me as well as all the videos. I’d grab all my other important docs as well.

Every hurricane since Andrew...Jeanne, Frances, Irene, Katrina, Wilma and Irma, I have put in plastic baggies inside plastic bins important documents, cash, jewelry, videos and photos I don't want to lose. Then they go in the trunk of my car in a durable plastic bag. Everything else is just stuff.

It only takes one and you become an expert at preparing.

Grab: photographs, cash, a couple heirlooms

Leave behind: my original Monet, Mickey mantle baseball card, the 15 large I keep under the bed, and other priceless contents. (Wink)

2LE.gif

I can't wait for a hurricane to come through here - it's such a great way to tee-up a post about my memorabilia!

I've seen people ask the question hypothetically, I now know. I wouldnt wait for what happened here, you dont want to go through this. By the way I have stacks of great memorabilia, only had room for one thing.

I hope you took all the pics with you and former FSU football greats!
Those pics are all stored in the warchant.com forum archives. Safe and sound in the rivals data center, aka some dude's xbox360 in suburban Nashville, Tn.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleFan2U
Cash, jewlery, guns, important documents, hard drive, and cloths.

And it goes without saying wife and kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT