ADVERTISEMENT

What would be your last meal if you were on death row?

Musso & Frank's is one of my (and Charlie Chaplin's) all-time favorite restaurants. I have never had a bad meal there. This week's meal started with a baby wedges salad, French onion soup, and half a loaf of sourdough and ended with a Key Lime pie and a California port. My partner had an excellent tagliatelle bolognese.
Looks good never been there. For me the best steak paces I've been are Bern's in Tampa, Peter Luger in New York, the old Smith and Woolensky and the Golden Steer in Vegas and McGuire's in Ft Walton Beach. McGuire's isn't the classic steak house like the others but its always good.

Reactions: BrianNole777
150 apples and a cup of Diet Coke.
When you’re zapped and your bowels cut loose some wise guy would say “how bout them apples”.
The story goes that when the Rosenbergs went to the chair Julius went first and it took a while until she could be brought in because there was quite a cleanup job involved.

When you’re zapped and your bowels cut loose some wise guy would say “how bout them apples”.
The story goes that when the Rosenbergs went to the chair Julius went first and it took a while until she could be brought in because there was quite a cleanup job involved.
I’d grind up the seeds and put them in the Diet Coke. There won’t be any zapping.

Reactions: BrianNole777
As much as I love the place, nobody would ever mistake Musso & Frank's as one of the elite steakhouses in Los Angeles. Places like CUT, Baltaire, Chi Spacca, etc. typically lay claim to that title, but I have never been able to justify dropping a grand on dinner to try them out.

I also just really prefer the aesthetic of the really old, dark steakhouses like Musso, The Dresden, and The Pacific Dining Car. I am sad that I never made it to Delmonico's in NYC before they shut down, but I have been to the Old Homestead and loved it.
Agreed. I went to one of those single name places in Vegas last year and I didn't like it. Aside from lacking the charm of an old steakhouse the food was just ok and the people were beyond snooty from the greeter to the busser and all the customers. If it had rained in there 95% of the folks would have drowned. Add to that it was twice the price of going to Gallagher's or somewhere like that.

Next time I'm in LA I'm going to check that place out.

More bright sunny news from Polly Positive.... Can you tell us more gripping news about Jack the Ripper's victims explicit autopsy pics and notes regarding their bowels and other innards? Asking for a demented friend. :cool: Clarice....Clarice....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT