ADVERTISEMENT

Who are we pulling for tonight in the WCWS?

USMC_Steamer_Nole

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2015
SoCal
For game #1 I'm torn. Stanford's pitcher gave Oklahoma all they could handle (really only threw one bad pitch that changed the game), but can they score runs? Washington seems like a more well rounded team, with better hitting. I think Oklahoma crushes either one of them, but I'm going to pull for Washington here.

For game #2 I think Tennessee might be our easiest path to the Finals. They're a tough team for sure, but they haven't seen K. Sandercock yet. We've split our (4) games with Oki State, and they've seen a lot of Katherine at this point. I like our chances with either team but would like to face Tennessee.

I'd like to hear other's thoughts.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I think the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know. Tennessee’s best pitcher has a top 3 ERA in the country and they have the #2 offense in the country. Granted, they haven’t seen us yet and OK St has, but I think I’d lean towards OK St as the best option.

Tennessee has made it through to tomorrow against us. Looking over their schedule they did play quite a few of the same teams we played, and generally besting all of them or taking the series.

Reactions: USMC_Steamer_Nole
Tennessee looks the part. I didn't realize that Mackenzie Donihoo transferred from Oklahoma. I'd just assumed she graduated after last season. Her key plays in left field, and at the plate, was a big reason we didn't come away with a W in games two and three in 2021 WCWS against Oklahoma.

Tennessee looks the part. I didn't realize that Mackenzie Donihoo transferred from Oklahoma. I'd just assumed she graduated after last season. Her key plays in left field, and at the plate, was a big reason we didn't come away with a W in games two and three in 2021 WCWS against Oklahoma.
We need to take care of business tonight. No need to have to play an extra game that OU likely won't.
Rodgers for Tennessee is one of the best pitchers in the country.
They also have a freshman that throws 73..74mph.
There leadoff hitter is one of the best players in the country as well.
We will have our hands full.

It would be nice to say we ended the seasons for 3 different SEC teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT