ADVERTISEMENT

Who else put up Christmas decorations this weekend?

12Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
It's a winter wonderland at 12's place. The dog is walking around with reindeer antlers on, I have my santa hat on, sleigh ride playing on repeat (my favorite Christmas song), it's the best time of the year!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Bought a 22 foot extension ladder off amazon to reach the higher elevations of the roof. Almost bit the biscuit multiple times. Not doing it again next year.

Reactions: 12Nole
I reluctantly got a small fake tree for the kid and we put it up yesterday. But that is going to be it. We have a big move next month, but he doesn't understand the concept of a small minimal Christmas.

Bah humbug.

My wife and I are holding out another year or two for rugrats and we’re heading down to see the family in the Tampa Bay Area for Christmas so I’m not decorating at all. I let everyone else do the work.

24274308_569019923437107_4986548169862021120_n.jpg

I'm working on it... frustrating that strings of lights that worked just fine last year now no longer work.

You may have already done this, but check for broken lights. There are always a few on mine every year. Takes time to check, but better than dropping $50 on lights every year.

That light repair tool works damn well. They sell them at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I have no clue what the hell it does, but whatever t does is awesome.

Reactions: BelemNole
The wife has had the inside decorated since last week. I put some lights up outside this afternoon. When my kids were young, we really did it up. Won a couple of neighborhood contest. Not so much anymore.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Started, but won’t finish, today. My wife and MIL took care of most of the inside decorating. I have our landscapers use their bucket truck to put lights on the house and the bigger trees in the yard. I do the yard and smaller trees. Over the top, certainly, but I love it. :)

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Paid the guy yesterday. he did a pretty good job. i don't think you are allowed to hang your own lights

Reactions: RTM58
I pulled out the tree from hell last weekend. Been sweeping up plastic needles ever sense !@#$%.

I am sipping on a bit of Slane Irish Whiskey while helping wifey light up the joint. We have downsized to a table top tree after the kids shoved off. She wants more outside this year, however. That will require another bottle of sumpin.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
You may have already done this, but check for broken lights. There are always a few on mine every year. Takes time to check, but better than dropping $50 on lights every year.
I started to, but half the string works, and half doesn't. I started checking, but it's a 100-string light, and I got fed up checking them. So, I'll hit up walmart or target tomorrow and see if it's worth just getting a new set. If it's $50, then I won't. Looks like they're a lot cheaper than that for the one strand I need. The rest worked, just this one is the problem.

Reactions: DanC78
Lights are up, tree is lit.
We got a permit to cut a tree in Tahoe last week but never found one we liked before we had to meet some friends. Was fun hunting in the snow though.

Reactions: FSUSarah
I just finished wrapping up the yard for the season. I've been traveling pretty heavily and will continue to do so for the next few weeks. Hope to have the lights up before Christmas :D

Wife has the inside on track.

Inside done. Debating lights outside this year. Ton of work and ladders are not my friend.

Yep! I was in such a good mood after watching Odell save Christmas on Saturday that I went nuts, spent the rest of the day Saturday and most of Sunday putting up lights and stuff, there were plenty of beverages involved.

It will happen this coming weekend at the DQ household. We don't do much on the outside and fairly minimal on the inside as well other than the tree. Wife has to have the tree on point or we will all have a miserable Christmas.

Yep. My newest addition to the arsenal this year is solar powered Christmas lights, there is a lightning deal for them on Amazon right now so I picked up a few more strands. Nice little addition for areas you don't want to run a cord to.

That light repair tool works damn well. They sell them at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. I have no clue what the hell it does, but whatever t does is awesome.
I bought one last year and tried it on about 5 different strands. It didn't work on any of them, so it got returned.

My part of decorating was done by 11 AM the Friday after Thanksgiving. I got all the outdoor decorations and lights up and put up the tree. My wife does the rest of the indoor decorations and her and the kids decorate the tree.

Not much here. Wreath on the door, Star of Bethlehem on the chimney. Nothing on the inside. No kids or guests so why bother. Bah humbug beotches.

I'll probably put up the tree this coming weekend. Or maybe the next. That's about it.

Yep. My newest addition to the arsenal this year is solar powered Christmas lights, there is a lightning deal for them on Amazon right now so I picked up a few more strands. Nice little addition for areas you don't want to run a cord to.

Have you been happy with them? Just wondering about brightness/longevity. Since all online reviews are now worthless it seems I have to come to the LR for advice

Have you been happy with them? Just wondering about brightness/longevity. Since all online reviews are now worthless it seems I have to come to the LR for advice

They definitely aren't as bright as the regular lights and the next couple of days (rainy and cloudy all day) we will find out if they have enough energy stored to light up at night.
Overall we are definitely happy with them and even ordered some more. They are perfect for the spots you don't feel like running cords too. Also, seems like every year the second we get our lights put up there is a bunch of rain that trips a breaker and shorts out all of our lights. Don't have to worry about that with these.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT