ADVERTISEMENT

Who uses LifeLock? Thoughts?

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
I was going to set up with Life Lock but in today's WSJ there was an article about how they've been zapped for misleading folks about the effectiveness of their services and their success in intercepting attempts to get your personal information.

Anyone subscribe and are you satisfied with their services? I don't want to lay out the money if it doesn't work as advertised.

when I investigated it I was disappointed as well, they can't prevent attacks but rather alert you to unusual activity. This is something you can set up with text alerts, spending limits etc on your current credit cards.

I was going to set up with Life Lock but in today's WSJ there was an article about how they've been zapped for misleading folks about the effectiveness of their services and their success in intercepting attempts to get your personal information.

Anyone subscribe and are you satisfied with their services? I don't want to lay out the money if it doesn't work as advertised.

Is that the one whose CEO has had his identity stolen more than a dozen times?

The last couple posts have good ideas. If you aren't planning on applying for loans or new credit cards, freeze your credit with the main 3 credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. No one will be able to open up credit in your name. You can always unfreeze if you want to apply for something. Many credit cards will alert you to unusual activity if you sign up (for free) and a couple of mine give me a report every month of exactly what has happened on my credit report (for free). I don't see any real value in LifeLock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT