ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the worst person at your Thanksgiving?

BrianNole09

Starter
May 8, 2005
My cousins husband is a mess and a lout. He feels awkward at family events so he gets drunk and loud. Towards the end of the night, he was dropping f bombs around 10 year old kids. This is the 3rd year in a row he's been hammered at thanksgiving. It is ridiculous and if I knew him better I'd tell him he has a problem. It's not like he's a frat guy...he's 38 years old.

Reactions: skramer100
Why do you need to know him better to point out he is acting like a prick?

If he truly is being stupid call it like you see it in front of everyone.

Nothing is more annoying to me than people whining about others behind the scenes and doing nothing about it.

Why do you need to know him better to point out he is acting like a prick?

If he truly is being stupid call it like you see it in front of everyone.

Nothing is more annoying to me than people whining about others behind the scenes and doing nothing about it.

Fair points.

I see him twice a year and he's loaded both times. Talking to him while he's wasted wouldn't do much good. If I knew him better I'd sit down with him and tell him he needs to stop then I'd never talk to him again unless he did.

Last edited:
My cousins husband is a mess and a lout. He feels awkward at family events so he gets drunk and loud. Towards the end of the night, he was dropping f bombs around 10 year old kids. This is the 3rd year in a row he's been hammered at thanksgiving. It is ridiculous and if I Had the gonads I'd tell him he has a problem. It's not like he's a frat guy...he's 38 years old.
FIFY

Reactions: West Duval Nole
No complaints. Both sets of families are well behaved and everyone is respectful.

I had to bail my best friend from the Army out of jail. He didn't come to thanksgiving, but it was on thanksgiving. We were in the 20th Special Forces Group together and when the war started he went active duty in the 5th SFG. He was on ODA 555, known as the "Triple Nickle" he did 5 deployments with the 5th Group and then got out and worked as a contractor running on the ground human intelligence in conjunction with the CIA. He spent a total of 6.5 years of 10 on the ground in either Afghanistan or Iraq. He finally got blown up and broke his back and injured his leg where there is sever nerve damage. He has now been divorced twice and was arrested Wednesday for domestic violence and false arrest. I don't really know the real details, a lot of alcohol was involved.

I really feel bad for the guy, but he needs to go to counseling and get his shit together.

Look up the Triple Nickel, they did some hard fighting and are one of the most storied teams in Special Forces lore.

My brother in law.

Policts were brought up. He asked if I thought Obama has done a good job. I said not great. He went off on a 15 second rant and then marched in the house, slammed the door and went to bed for the night.

The next day he made a rude comment about my wife (his sister in law) and my stepson. I told to eff off. It was a great time.

This guy lives in downtown Pittsburgh in a neighborhood where there 100 coffee shops and no McDonald's. He literally smokes about 3-4 joints a day and maybe eats 3-4 meals a week.

Pertentious at its absolute finest.

But...he is a good person. Just confused and little angry about life.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole09
I had to bail my best friend from the Army out of jail. He didn't come to thanksgiving, but it was on thanksgiving. We were in the 20th Special Forces Group together and when the war started he went active duty in the 5th SFG. He was on ODA 555, known as the "Triple Nickle" he did 5 deployments with the 5th Group and then got out and worked as a contractor running on the ground human intelligence in conjunction with the CIA. He spent a total of 6.5 years of 10 on the ground in either Afghanistan or Iraq. He finally got blown up and broke his back and injured his leg where there is sever nerve damage. He has now been divorced twice and was arrested Wednesday for domestic violence and false arrest. I don't really know the real details, a lot of alcohol was involved.

I really feel bad for the guy, but he needs to go to counseling and get his shit together.

Look up the Triple Nickel, they did some hard fighting and are one of the most storied teams in Special Forces lore.

Free who was that? I probably know him.

My cousins husband is a mess and a lout. He feels awkward at family events so he gets drunk and loud. Towards the end of the night, he was dropping f bombs around 10 year old kids. This is the 3rd year in a row he's been hammered at thanksgiving. It is ridiculous and if I knew him better I'd tell him he has a problem. It's not like he's a frat guy...he's 38 years old.
My brother-in-law's sister - nice lady, but she wears so much perfume she smelled like a $3 crack whore.....I swear I could taste the sh*t on the turkey.

I had a few appetizers, one large plate with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and bread swimming with gravy, then one plate of pumpkin pie and chocolate cake. 2 plates total. A lot but better than 4.

how about you?

Hmmm, it may have been me. All my family is in Iowa and Wisconsin, but I moved to California for grad school this year and stayed here for Thanksgiving. Met a girl a few days prior and she invited me to her Thanksgivings when I said I wasn't doing anything. I just say I was because I was the new guy that no one knew. The mom gave me some odd looks at times, but that was it. Overall it was fine and the food was delicious. Boring story.

We did an upscale buffet at one of the hotels downtown. I started with a breakfast plate (Belgian waffle, frittata, eggs benedict), then a salad plate, then a traditional plate (turkey, stuffing, prime rib, corn pudding, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans) then two plates of dessert (apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate fondant cake, pistachio cream pie and various truffles). I made sure to get my money's worth.

Serving of fried turkey with fried dressing wrapped in bacon.
Green bean casserole and other trimmings.

Six pack of fat tire.

Three dungeness crab and about two dozen royal reds. Oh and a couple of dozen Texas raw oysters.

To celebrate the beat down we put on the gates today I am serving porterhouse and lobster. Bon appetite.

Ours was different this year. My wife's grandmother passed about 1230 AM on Thanksgiving. So, we drove from Georgia (where we spend all of our Thanksgivings) to Key West yesterday for the funeral tomorrow. I had my mother in law with me because her husband had left to get back to his father. I plan to sleep as much as my little boy will let me next weekend.

Ours was different this year. My wife's grandmother passed about 1230 AM on Thanksgiving. So, we drove from Georgia (where we spend all of our Thanksgivings) to Key West yesterday for the funeral tomorrow. I had my mother in law with me because her husband had left to get back to his father. I plan to sleep as much as my little boy will let me next weekend.
Sorry to hear that.

We did an upscale buffet at one of the hotels downtown. I started with a breakfast plate (Belgian waffle, frittata, eggs benedict), then a salad plate, then a traditional plate (turkey, stuffing, prime rib, corn pudding, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans) then two plates of dessert (apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate fondant cake, pistachio cream pie and various truffles). I made sure to get my money's worth.

Sounds like you probably got your money's worth out of your toilet too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT