ADVERTISEMENT

Will we pick up a big "home-and-home" series during the next 9 years?

FSU91

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Keep in mind that Jimbo's preferred scheduling philosophy is for us to play the following OOC games each year: Florida, a "Big Game", a G5 school, and a FCS school.

And we'd like to have 7 homes games if possible. If we only have six home games then we'd like to have a neutral site game.

So with all of this in mind ... let's look at our upcoming schedules over the next 9 years starting in 2016:

2016: Florida, vs Ole Miss (Orlando), @ USF, FCS TBD - 6 home games plus 1 neutral site game
2017: @ Florida, vs Alabama (Atlanta), G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 6 home games plus 1 neutral site game
201: Florida, @ Notre Dame, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2019: @ Florida, Boise State, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2020: Florida, @ Boise State, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2021: @ Florida, Notre Dame, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2022: Florida, "Big Game" TBD, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2023: @ Florida, "Big Game" TBD, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?
2024: Florida, @ Notre Dame, G5 TBD, FCS TBD - 7 home games?

Now obviously we could see a "Big Game" series take the place of some of these blanks for G5 teams or even FCS teams, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Right now the only spots for another "Big Game" series during the next 9 seasons is 2022 and 2023 with us getting the "Big Game" at home in 2023 and with us going on the road in 2022. These could be dates for neutral site games too.

Here is the thing ... Jimbo doesn't subscribe to the "anyone, anyplace, anytime" mantra that we used to have back in the seventies and eighties. Now it is more about positioning yourself to make the College Football Playoffs if you go 13-0 or 12-1. Having Florida and one other "Big Game" each year is plenty to go along with our ACC schedule that will give us Clemson, Miami, Louisville and NC State each year plus typically one other good team.

I hope that we can get someone interesting in 2022 and 2023. Tennessee, Texas, Michigan, Penn State ... somebody like that would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News