ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Meggs: "I own this town"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he said he was relegated to traffic citations
I love how people who haven't practiced criminal law in Leon County can't resist the urge to tell me how it's done. The State Attorneys Office doesn't prosecute traffic citations. Traffic citations are civil matters. But criminal traffic cases, largely 1st & 2nd degree misdemeanors, are prosecuted the same as any other misdemeanor. He would have had a caseload and been in court almost daily. And all I'm saying is, I was in a position to have encountered the guy in 2008, and I don't remember or recognize him. That's it.

I love how people who haven't practiced criminal law in Leon County can't resist the urge to tell me how it's done. The State Attorneys Office doesn't prosecute traffic citations. Traffic citations are civil matters. But criminal traffic cases, largely 1st & 2nd degree misdemeanors, are prosecuted the same as any other misdemeanor. He would have had a caseload and been in court almost daily. And all I'm saying is, I was in a position to have encountered the guy in 2008, and I don't remember or recognize him. That's it.

First, get the stick out of your ass.

2nd, I never made one inference about how you do your job or how the system works here.

3rd, I guess I forgot how old the traffic court building on Thomasville Rd is. Must be newer than 2008. Forgive my slipping memory, a 4 y/o and 1y/o have done their damage.

4th Just b/c you infer that someone is being snarky, doesn't mean that it is so. I thought you had skipped over that part or just forgot it.

Jeez, I guess I'll never comment on something I'm not an expert in ever again.....

speakin of traffic violations this thread just veered offroad. Just joking. Carry on.

First, get the stick out of your ass.

2nd, I never made one inference about how you do your job or how the system works here.

3rd, I guess I forgot how old the traffic court building on Thomasville Rd is. Must be newer than 2008. Forgive my slipping memory, a 4 y/o and 1y/o have done their damage.

4th Just b/c you infer that someone is being snarky, doesn't mean that it is so. I thought you had skipped over that part or just forgot it.

Jeez, I guess I'll never comment on something I'm not an expert in ever again.....
Aha! I've identified common ground. You see, my 7-year-old questions everything I say, and that makes me irritable and all stick-butty. Let's go get a beer and forget about it.

Reactions: vevois23
Aha! I've identified common ground. You see, my 7-year-old questions everything I say, and that makes me irritable and all stick-butty. Let's go get a beer and forget about it.

The 4 y/o has just started the "Why?" phase. He might not survive until 5. Beer is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT