ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Meggs will not seek reelection

Maybe the most mind-bottling elected official ever and that's including Corrine (Coarch Mayer) Brown & Marion(never met crack I didn't like) Barry!

"the folksy, hard-nosed and sometimes controversial"

I think Barney Fife would be described the same way. My guess is his stepping down is to try to avoid legal scrutiny; I hope it doesn't work.

Well...I had started a thread about this last week, right after the decision was made from the jury on the Dalvin Cook case....looks like it came true!

Reactions: CJRN
Let the stories begin about how the rabid fsu fan base chased away the DA who held athletes acountable and Tally is a win at all cost city, blah, blah, blah....

Again, guys, he was never going to run for re-election. He stated that after he won the last election that this would be his last term. This is not correlated to any recent event.

Reactions: vevois23 and -OB1-
this has nothing to do with us. he has already banged the state for double pensions and lump sums. Im sure since the system is now dry, he is stepping away.

its all about the fact that he bled the state dry in regards to how much he could make, and now that that has been maxed out, he is leaving.

complete scam of taxpayer money

As someone posted earlier. He was never running again. He wasn't even going to run for the last go around but the Sheriff convinced him to do it, since he needed to run again to pay for a divorce. One of the main names you will hear, and the probable winner, will be Jack Campbell, the son of the Sheriff that passed recently. Dad didn't want to be running for head LEO in the area while son was running for head prosecutor. It also did help that Meggs's son is employed by the Sheriff Office.

One of the main names you will hear, and the probable winner, will be Jack Campbell, the son of the Sheriff that passed recently. Dad didn't want to be running for head LEO in the area while son was running for head prosecutor. It also did help that Meggs's son is employed by the Sheriff Office.

Sounds like a well oiled machine of nepotism and the good ole boy network

Jack Campbell has a good rep.

Listen, I am perfectly fine with a SA being hard on athletes, as long as you are using your brain when you do it. Less mouth. More brains.

Sounds like a well oiled machine of nepotism and the good ole boy network

That ain't the half of it. There is a lot that I was privy to being behind the Green Wall for a few years, and suffice it to say even being somewhat of a "born-in" member (my last name is known in LEO circles in the area, but I am an accountant) it was pretty eye opening.

As for Jack's rep, well he is a nice enough guy, but I am not sure if I want him has the head prosecutor.

FWIW, Meggs's son is about as far removed from his dad as you can get WRT to personality and objectiveness. My time around him was one of "How the hell are these two related?"

"the folksy, hard-nosed and sometimes controversial"

I think Barney Fife would be described the same way. My guess is his stepping down is to try to avoid legal scrutiny; I hope it doesn't work.

Dude is 72. Has been sucking city, county and state government tits for 50 years. His retirement was scheduled, albeit way/way overdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT