ADVERTISEMENT

WOMENS Basketball transfers

FSU needs to pursue rebounders. Some of those who could be good fits include:

Saylor Poffenbarger from Arkansas (she’s 6-foot-2, averages 11.2 rebounds per game). Saylor has two years of eligibility left. FSU coaches are familiar with her having scouted and played Arkansas this season.

Ajae Petty from Kentucky (she’s 6-3, averages 10.6 rebounds per game)

Terren Ward from Georgia Southern is 5-11 and led the Sun Belt with 9.1 rebounds per game

FSU likely won't host any prospects this weekend since it's Easter. Many basketball players are still students right now, so their Mon-Fri schedule depends on classes (in-person or online) and eventually exams. There are more phone and Zoom interviews going on short term before on-campus visits.

Also: There are a lot of players in the portal who are protecting themselves by jumping in since their coach was dismissed or is taking another job. Kentucky is one example. A group of players are in the portal, but they just hired Kenny Brooks from Va. Tech. Do they stay or transfer?

Clemson transfer Ruby Whitehorn is visiting the noles this weekend. Whitehorn was a MCDAA with Latson and avg 12 & 5 last season. Had 18pts/14rbds against us.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I agre that we need bigs but at this point we need all the talent/bodies we can get. We currently only have 8 players on the team. Whitehorn would be a huge pickup as we need size on the perimeter.

She is currently on a visit to Baylor.

Are we striking out on both the women and men basketball teams?
No good news lately!

Whitehorn actually rebounds well for a guard. But yes..we need bigs.

Well they just signed a 6’4 stretch 4. Not a traditional back 2 the basket post but a lengthy forward who is a three point threat and decent shot blocker (which is more suited for our current style/pace of play). I think it’s a solid addition.

On another note, ESPN has ranked their top 25 transfers and we don’t appear to have any interest from any of the remaining uncommitted players. 17 of those players are committed and there were some very high level players who could have helped elevate the program.

I think the last shot we have at adding an impact transfer is Whitehorn. She has visited us and Baylor, will be visiting Tennessee this weekend after canceling her LSU visit. If we can’t land Whitehorn, I don’t see us being any better than last season. IF we do get her, then this team can compete for an ACC title and deeper post season run.

I think we need to add one or two more players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT