Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Roseville, CA
The Leary call in the FSU game
media_047deb0fe4a348529b60826c09c0ded7-DMID1-5wicbwchs-1280x720.jpg

Or the Brady nonsense?
brady-sack-g.jpg

Oh for the days of "Turkey" Jones and Terry Bradshaw. I kid

Brady was worse. At least Farmer hit Leary with enough force in the upper body to give an official a thought that it may be to the head/neck area, even though it wasnt.

This is ridiculous. May as well put flags on all QBs from this point forward because tackle football no longer applies to them. None of these were worthy of flags.

Either put flags on or take the plastic pads off. I don’t see how football survives without these changes given the CTE issue.

It’s really gotten so bad with all these rules that are pointless. The reason to call these penalties is meant as a deterrent from leading with your helmet or making forcible contact to their head/neck. And that’s all well and good. But the NFL rules of throwing a QB down, or landing on him, or the countless garbage targeting penalties are not dirty plays. They’re speed of the game unavoidable type football plays. And of course now the NFL, like they always do, is going to re look at this rule.

The Jones hit on Carr was pretty damn bad tonight, he stripped the ball and still got the penalty

That moronic call on Jones’ perfect textbook sack and strip was the worst.
And it cost me a $100 2nd qtr Chiefs wager that would have paid me $190.
Plus the NFL Referees Assoc’n hasn’t even bothered to respond to my demand letter for $200 reimbursement (the $190 lost wager pay-off + $10 utter stupidity surcharge.)
Every 72 hrs they fail to resolve this matter I’m gonna double the amount due, for emotional pain & suffering.
Hopefully they settle for some free playoff tickets and agreement to make all boneheaded penalties reviewable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT