ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Sexton - Still suffering from the lyme disease?

NDallasRuss

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 5, 2002
Purcellville, VA
"Former Florida State University quarterback Wyatt Sexton was arrested Thursday on charges of domestic assault after a fight with his brother and other bizarre behavior."

"Tallahassee Police responded to a call from Sexton’s brother after the two nearly got into a fight. Sexton’s brother said after Wyatt swung at him, he yelled for Wyatt to leave, then called the police.

He told officers he feared for his life because of his brother’s mental state. He said Wyatt threatened to “kill” him Wednesday."

"Sexton has been Baker acted several times, court records say, and recently threatened to “86” his family, pointing his fingers in the shape of a gun at his mother then pretending to commit suicide."

He definitely looks like he's not all right.

636090115742405719-Wyatt-Sexton.jpg

Link to article

"Former Florida State University quarterback Wyatt Sexton was arrested Thursday on charges of domestic assault after a fight with his brother and other bizarre behavior."

"Tallahassee Police responded to a call from Sexton’s brother after the two nearly got into a fight. Sexton’s brother said after Wyatt swung at him, he yelled for Wyatt to leave, then called the police.

He told officers he feared for his life because of his brother’s mental state. He said Wyatt threatened to “kill” him Wednesday."

"Sexton has been Baker acted several times, court records say, and recently threatened to “86” his family, pointing his fingers in the shape of a gun at his mother then pretending to commit suicide."

He definitely looks like he's not all right.

636090115742405719-Wyatt-Sexton.jpg

Link to article

Jebus! He looks like he's going to murder someone right now.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I have three kids between the ages of 4-14. This sort of path scares the crap out of me. As a parent, we all fear a scenario of losing a child to disease or horrible accident. But to watch them die a slower decade long death of drugs and/ mental illness, despite all your efforts, would be worse

A year ago, my 16 year old son, passed suddenly and unexpectedly. We've gone through hell since, and I am glad we, or he didn't have to suffer for years prior to his passing.

I can't imagine the pain and suffering that parents go through with a long term sick child, if it's either cancer, drug abuse or mental illness. I would probably vomit everytime the phone rang.

Sorry Manch. Can't imagine what you've been through. Addiction is a terrible thing. I hope Wyatt can get the help he needs...

Reactions: goldmom
Obviously knowing nothing at all about this specific situation, I can't help but wonder if maybe it would have been better for Sexton to get the heck out of Tally. It can't be easy when you and your family were so connected to the biggest show around for decades only to have both roles with the team yanked within a matter of years. It's a small town and I'm sure everywhere he went for years he got asked "what are you doing now?" or "did you ever play ball anywhere again?" That can't have been easy when your identify is a label that you can't shake and the glory days are all over.

Did he have Lyme disease or was it some type of mental illness all along? I searched his name on YouTube and came across a video of him playing the piano. Actually it sounded amazing...I really hope that he gets the help he needs. He seems like he's a very bright person losing a battle right now with mental illness and that that is upsetting.

After having some regular contact with several folks with chronic Lyme's problems, it would seem that Wyatt has additional "stuff" going on that is not related to that disease, but please do not think I am some version of expert.
My son dated a gal for awhile who has battled Lyme's disease since she was 13 and is now 27. She is and has apparently always been lucid. There is no obvious sign of mental issues, but her physical problems are debilitating. Joint aches and pains that make even simple movements sometimes impossible, lack of an effective immune system, and big time headaches are some of the worst things in Kate's life. She has been shuttled from Doctor to Doctor, and experimental drug one after another...the insurance folks will do little for her.
I used to do delivery work for an antiques dealer in, of all places, Old Lyme, Conneticutt..essentially ground zero for the disease. Carlene was a strikingly beautiful, self assured and confident lady in our early years of transactions. She later lost weight and strength, and began to show signs of physical deterioration. The day she showed me the port in her arm (the same port my son's friend Kate has) was the day that the unforgiving power of Lyme's to impact people became brutally obvious. They receive routine doses of medicine (usually high impact antibiotics with their myriad side effects) that only offer moments of relief, but no cure to a disease that confounds all experts.
Wyatt may very well have been impacted by Lyme's, and if so, it is relentless and unforgiving. He may also have other imbalances or mental issues that are causational in his problematic "episodes". Multiple Baker Act events are surely signs of a guy with real deep seated problems, or as I redneck say, "unresolved demons at work".
I wish you all the best Wyatt Sexton, and to your family my respect and sympathy....lord knows you deserve it.

Wow. Very sad indeed for all involved. I hope my daughter is smart enough to never try drugs even once. One time is all it takes. Scary.
Good news on that, young people today are using drugs at the lowest rates in decades. They're also drinking underage at historically low rates.

Bad news, perhaps the reason for this is the amount of stress they're under is so great that they don't have time to "party", of course that leads to other mental health issues.

One thing that has bothered me lately is the trend of vaping. Companies like Juul, who I loathe, have violated laws and marketed directly to teenagers (with very savvy campaigns), only suffered a slap on the wrist, but much of the damage is already done. Decades of effective anti-smoking campaigns are being thrown the window because some of these jackasses want to become the new nicotine billionaires. Kids seem to think it's healthy, not realizing how addictive those doses are - they literally fiend over it, jumping up like Pavlov's dog.

I was thinking he looks like the next school or public shooting waiting to happen. Poor fella
I sincerely hope he's not the one responsible for the ongoing Jokey Smurf impression.

N-A2nG.gif

Thankfully none of her friends vape. She has told me that she will drink on occasion with her friends, which was actually a bit of a shock for mom. I thought since she never liked juice or soda, she wouldn't like vodka with....I admit I was wrong. As long as she, or anyone else she is with, doesn't drink and drive, I am ok with it. I suppose I have no choice.

The scarier thing is 2 times in the past week, her friends have asked her and/or me about pregnancy and UTIs. One girl thought she was pregger because her BF would not wear a condom. I told her time for a new BF. The other has "honeymoon cystitis", a UTI from too much boot knocking. I wonder when my daughter will shock me with the "I am not a virgin" talk. :eek:

For those who don't know, she is a senior in high school, hopefully heading to Tally in the fall!

One thing that has bothered me lately is the trend of vaping. Companies like Juul, who I loathe, have violated laws and marketed directly to teenagers (with very savvy campaigns), only suffered a slap on the wrist, but much of the damage is already done. Decades of effective anti-smoking campaigns are being thrown the window because some of these jackasses want to become the new nicotine billionaires. Kids seem to think it's healthy, not realizing how addictive those doses are - they literally fiend over it, jumping up like Pavlov's dog.

Couldn’t have said it better. Vaping is everywhere in high school is relatively easy to conceal so they do it in school (even in class if you can believe that). My kids and their friends have little or no interest in smoking, but as you said think vaping is harmless and no big deal. It’s infuriating.

This thread is from 2016. Why is it pulled back up?

This thread is from 2016. Why is it pulled back up?

There was a post or two that have been deleted; some newbie (it was a name I didn't recognize) came to the board & apparently had things set to where it displayed threads reverse-alphabetically, got offended by rocky's sarcastic post, and blasted him for it. Used terminology that got the post deleted by a mod, but not before the thread had been brought back from the boneyard & a few others had responded who didn't notice it was an old thread.

I was thinking he looks like the next school or public shooting waiting to happen. Poor fella

Since we are talking current events with prominent sports figures ... do you think that the 49ers will keep Colin Kaepernick despite his protests this year? Mark my words, his leadership will propel him to be a great quarterback on the field and the 49ers will win the next couple Super Bowls. Nike will probably give him a huge endorsement deal recognizing his on the field accomplishments.

Reactions: funksouljon
Since we are talking current events with prominent sports figures ... do you think that the 49ers will keep Colin Kaepernick despite his protests this year? Mark my words, his leadership will propel him to be a great quarterback on the field and the 49ers will win the next couple Super Bowls. Nike will probably give him a huge endorsement deal recognizing his on the field accomplishments.

You have a gift! How is your football picker going this year?

Even if they cut him, he’s guaranteed to get a job somewhere. He’ll get signed way before Fitzgerald

I'm sure the 49ers & Kaepernick will enjoy the celebratory visit to the White House & their chat with President Clinton.

Reactions: Gonolz and nynole1
I'm sure the 49ers & Kaepernick will enjoy the celebratory visit to the White House & their chat with President Clinton.
Lol I love this post for so many reasons!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT