ADVERTISEMENT

Yeti Cooler opinions

FSUDoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
LBTS
LR...

In the market for a smaller to midsize cooler, either soft or hard sided....pool, beach, boating, road trips, etc. Yeti definitely has its followers that are brand loyal....and great reviews accompany that loyalty. My trusty Igloo now seems so old school, in spite of the stickers from breweries all around the country. I’ve heard of Yeti knockoffs being just as good....but I’m willing to drop two hundy for a Yeti if the value is there. I overpaid for my car because of the badge and reputation and never regretted it, so I guess I’m willing to do the same here, thoughts? Sorry to take away from the handwringing we have become accustomed to...the propane grille discussion below was solid....so I thought why not give it a try? Thanks in advance...

I can’t speak to the knockoff brands, but I own several YETI coolers, tumblers, coozies, etc., and they’re as good as advertised. Expensive obviously, but they are all fantastic.

Reactions: FSUDoles
They are nice, but you can get coolers that do the exact same thing for a fraction of the price if YETI is not on it.

I have a nice Yeti on wheels that can hold 4 cases of beer. But I only have it because I got as an Xmas Gift, I would never have spent $400 on a cooler for myself.

Last edited:
I have Yetis and Rtics coolers. Buy the Rtic, will do all the yeti will do and is about 25% cheaper for the hard side coolers and more than that on the soft sided.
As a side note I took my wife's yeti 32oz and my Rtic 32oz cup and put and equal amount of ice in each, by equal I mean the same number of ice cubes out of the refrig, which fill both to the top. I set them side by side on the counter and checked them each day. After 4 days they each had same number of a few small pieces of ice left.

I have this on the boat and have been very happy.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-52-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Gray/748622151
845784a1-6649-4307-acc2-46276f11014d_1.6d0b0de23cbdf21ecf52ac6c683e46fa.jpeg

I have Yetis and Rtics coolers. Buy the Rtic, will do all the yeti will do and is about 25% cheaper for the hard side coolers and more than that on the soft sided.
As a side note I took my wife's yeti 32oz and my Rtic 32oz cup and put and equal amount of ice in each, by equal I mean the same number of ice cubes out of the refrig, which fill both to the top. I set them side by side on the counter and checked them each day. After 4 days they each had same number of a few small pieces of ice left.

That’s crazy (ice test)....thanks for the feedback!

I have a RTIC 30 quart hard shell cooler. Works great, will hold ice all weekend when we’re out camping. Biggest problem I have with it is that top will suction and is hard to open sometimes. Wife has a soft sided RTIC that’s okay but nothing great.

Heard good things about the Ozark cooler someone posted too.

Have several Yeti coolers. They are heavy and expensive. They are also almost indestructible and hold ice better than anything I've ever had. I'm sure a lot of the knockoffs are good but Yeti still wins most of the head to head tests I see.

We've got an Ozark Trail soft sided cooler. It works great and really holds the temp. We're looking for a new cooler right now and we're leaning towards RTIC. I've got RTIC and Yeti tumblers and RTIC products work just as good as Yeti. Of course they're considerably cheaper

Thanks all...got a floor model Yeti Roadie 20 from BC Surf and Sport in FLL for $179, regular price was $249. It’s a lot cash for a cooler, but I keep coolers forever, and this thing is built like a tank.
Great feedback...very much appreciated. Now if I can only find a tailgate....

Where have you been? Long time...

I’ve probably worked more during this whole pandemic than the previous year. Everybody was home. Everybody wanted to talk real estate. It’s been insanely busy. Haven’t had much time to devote to WC. I’ve missed it though. How are you?

I’ve probably worked more during this whole pandemic than the previous year. Everybody was home. Everybody wanted to talk real estate. It’s been insanely busy. Haven’t had much time to devote to WC. I’ve missed it though. How are you?

Good morning....coping...lost mom back in late December and dad is failing fast...my sister and I have been splitting time as full time care givers....and we’re losing the battle...he needs to go into a facility, during a pandemic, it all sucks....it’s a full time job. I come here just for a little normalcy....I’m glad work is going well for you. Be safe...

Good morning....coping...lost mom back in late December and dad is failing fast...my sister and I have been splitting time as full time care givers....and we’re losing the battle...he needs to go into a facility, during a pandemic, it all sucks....it’s a full time job. I come here just for a little normalcy....I’m glad work is going well for you. Be safe...

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. I understand the heartache and difficulties… both of my grandparents have dementia and my parents just aren’t in a position to take care of them. So, it falls on me. It’s tough. I’m so tired. My dad just tested positive for Covid 19 And that’s something else that we will have to handle. I have to keep working… it’s not cheap taking care of them. And assisted living just isn’t an option. I hope that I don’t offend you (I never know what will or won’t offend someone nowadays), but y’all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. I understand the heartache and difficulties… both of my grandparents have dementia and my parents just aren’t in a position to take care of them. So, it falls on me. It’s tough. I’m so tired. My dad just tested positive for Covid 19 And that’s something else that we will have to handle. I have to keep working… it’s not cheap taking care of them. And assisted living just isn’t an option. I hope that I don’t offend you (I never know what will or won’t offend someone nowadays), but y’all will be in our thoughts and prayers.

No....No offense taken...his loss of faculties (cognitive and other) simply make it unsafe to be here without professional care. I’m proud of the work we did for both mom and dad before they reached a tipping point, and my work continues daily with keeping up his condo, cat, etc. It just all sucks....stay strong.

Reactions: chumleynole
No....No offense taken...his loss of faculties (cognitive and other) simply make it unsafe to be here without professional care. I’m proud of the work we did for both mom and dad before they reached a tipping point, and my work continues daily with keeping up his condo, cat, etc. It just all sucks....stay strong.
LR...

In the market for a smaller to midsize cooler, either soft or hard sided....pool, beach, boating, road trips, etc. Yeti definitely has its followers that are brand loyal....and great reviews accompany that loyalty. My trusty Igloo now seems so old school, in spite of the stickers from breweries all around the country. I’ve heard of Yeti knockoffs being just as good....but I’m willing to drop two hundy for a Yeti if the value is there. I overpaid for my car because of the badge and reputation and never regretted it, so I guess I’m willing to do the same here, thoughts? Sorry to take away from the handwringing we have become accustomed to...the propane grille discussion below was solid....so I thought why not give it a try? Thanks in advance...

We’ve got several Rtic coolers, including the 65g version. Very, very satisfied with their performance.

Reactions: gwgwi and FSUDoles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT