ADVERTISEMENT

You should watch the SHO time show on Julian Edelman

That’s what happens when you give your son a chick name, they get a chip on their shoulder.
Definitely a boy named Sue situation.

Reactions: ScottiePimpin
That’s what happens when you give your son a chick name, they get a chip on their shoulder.
Definitely a boy named Sue situation.

Yea. That's probably why no one made an offer. Kind of like that Adam Thielan guy at Minnesota, people had a hard time spelling his last name.

BTW, what woman is named Julien?

I remember watching an interview with Wayne Chrebet and they asked him about his tryout with the jets. They asked how many balls he dropped and he said “ not one”. He said he he knew if he dropped a single one he touched, it would give them a reason to cut him. Great story about motivation and persistence.

Yea. That's probably why no one made an offer. Kind of like that Adam Thielan guy at Minnesota, people had a hard time spelling his last name.

BTW, what woman is named Julien?

Well theres that one what was dating Romeo, and they lived happily ever after so maybe it’ll work out.

Reactions: Noledan7
Well theres that one what was dating Romeo, and they lived happily ever after so maybe it’ll work out.
giphy.gif

Julian is a guy's name. The girl version is Juliana. It's an old Roman named derived from Julius. As in, Julius Caesar and later, the Julian Calendar.

John Lennon's son, for example, is Julian Lennon. Bob Marley's son is Julian Marley. There's a guy running for president named Julian Castro. The name is generally more common in Spanish-speaking countries.

So, definitely not a "boy named Sue situation." Although I guess there could be many other people who think Julian is a girl's name.

He has certainly worked hard, but let’s also be fair. I think sometime this ‘small, hard-working, scrapper” narrative goes overboard.

Edelman was drafted by a great franchise, has played his entire career with the same guy at QB who also happens to be the GOAT, and offense tailored to his more limited skill set that already featured a couple guys similar in stature who succeeded; and has had his career prolonged by two things: The fact that you can’t hit receivers in the same way you could even 20 years ago, and at least for one season, the use of PED’s.

Good for him, but there were a lot of guys doing Edelman things a long time ago who didn’t get to play with the best QB of all time, and had DB’s that were allowed to head-hunt and damn-near murder them.

He’s certainly worked hard, but he’s been way more fortunate and lucky than most.

He has certainly worked hard, but let’s also be fair. I think sometime this ‘small, hard-working, scrapper” narrative goes overboard.

Edelman was drafted by a great franchise, has played his entire career with the same guy at QB who also happens to be the GOAT, and offense tailored to his more limited skill set that already featured a couple guys similar in stature who succeeded; and has had his career prolonged by two things: The fact that you can’t hit receivers in the same way you could even 20 years ago, and at least for one season, the use of PED’s.

Good for him, but there were a lot of guys doing Edelman things a long time ago who didn’t get to play with the best QB of all time, and had DB’s that were allowed to head-hunt and damn-near murder them.

He’s certainly worked hard, but he’s been way more fortunate and lucky than most.
Arguably the GOAT for this type of WR is Raymond Berry, who had a similar profile. After JUCO and SMU, he had an amazing career and became a HOFer playing with Johnny U and the Baltimore Colts. Hard working guy, and very fortunate to play with the GOAT QB at that time.

Reactions: hatsbo and jpicc21
Julian is a guy's name. The girl version is Juliana. It's an old Roman named derived from Julius. As in, Julius Caesar and later, the Julian Calendar.

John Lennon's son, for example, is Julian Lennon. Bob Marley's son is Julian Marley. There's a guy running for president named Julian Castro. The name is generally more common in Spanish-speaking countries.

So, definitely not a "boy named Sue situation." Although I guess there could be many other people who think Julian is a girl's name.

I’ve always called him Jewelz Edelman.

Arguably the GOAT for this type of WR is Raymond Berry, who had a similar profile. After JUCO and SMU, he had an amazing career and became a HOFer playing with Johnny U and the Baltimore Colts. Hard working guy, and very fortunate to play with the GOAT QB at that time.
Nice Raymond Berry reference.

It's like that old quote: "The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Reactions: hatsbo

I agree with this. These "Little engine that could" sports stories are far few in between. You can't have a full team of "little engines that could" or you'll get killed lol.

And what's funny is everybody wants those types of players on our team, and we have one of those types of guys on our defense right now(Decalon Brooks) and we all saw how that worked out. People were ready to throw their TV monitors anytime they saw him step on the field for our starting defense lol.

You ever seen him return a punt? Brady's not involved with those. Dude's a waterbug with major skill and is fearless.

You ever seen him return a punt? Brady's not involved with those. Dude's a waterbug with major skill and is fearless.

My post was not meant to belittle Edelman, just to point out that he’s been much more fortunate than most. I think the narrative of ‘Little Engine that Could’ is a tired trope sometimes, particularly when that story is attached to someone who looks like Edelman.

Lot of people that have worked just as hard as Edelman, came from nothing, and went to small colleges, and are more accomplished as punt returners/receivers and are largely anonymous. Certainly not featured in cable specials.

Karl Williams went to A&M Kingsville, has 5 punt return TD’s in an 8 year career, was equally ‘fearless’ and wasn’t caught with PED’s. Still waiting for his HBO special. Let me know when the Speedy Duncan ‘A Football Life’ is happening.

If he didn’t get rings on the back of the GOAT, didn’t play in a perfect situation, didn’t play in an era where you can’t go near a WR, and didn’t fit a certain “narrative”, I can’t imagine there’d be a Showtime Special featuring this guy.

The guy is talented for sure. You don’t get to that level without being gifted. Or working hard. But he owes a great deal of his fame, and certainly the fact that there’s a cable special centered around him, to good fortune.

Good Lord.
I went to pull some film on him and that was when head coaches wore 3 piece suits and top hats on the sidelines. Imagine Belicheck roaming the sidelines in that get up.

My post was not meant to belittle Edelman, just to point out that he’s been much more fortunate than most. I think the narrative of ‘Little Engine that Could’ is a tired trope sometimes, particularly when that story is attached to someone who looks like Edelman.

Lot of people that have worked just as hard as Edelman, came from nothing, and went to small colleges, and are more accomplished as punt returners/receivers and are largely anonymous. Certainly not featured in cable specials.

Karl Williams went to A&M Kingsville, has 5 punt return TD’s in an 8 year career, was equally ‘fearless’ and wasn’t caught with PED’s. Still waiting for his HBO special. Let me know when the Speedy Duncan ‘A Football Life’ is happening.

If he didn’t get rings on the back of the GOAT, didn’t play in a perfect situation, didn’t play in an era where you can’t go near a WR, and didn’t fit a certain “narrative”, I can’t imagine there’d be a Showtime Special featuring this guy.

The guy is talented for sure. You don’t get to that level without being gifted. Or working hard. But he owes a great deal of his fame, and certainly the fact that there’s a cable special centered around him, to good fortune.

yea, yea, we all know about the competition and talent out there, a hundred guys with more talent get cut every year right? Anyway, its no mystery why he got a special (which I doubt I will ever watch) but lets not pretend the guy hasn't been damn good, and a key player for the best football teams in recent years.

But we all know if Beli & Brady didn't have JE, it would be some other guy filling the same role. Howeveer, nobody is beating out Edelman anytime soon I think.

Good God dude, let it go. But on the second thought you've piqued my curiosity, tell us about that "narrative" you speak of. It will give you yet another reason type a lengthy treatise discrediting him, lol.

Good God dude, let it go. But on the second thought you've piqued my curiosity, tell us about that "narrative" you speak of. It will give you yet another reason type a lengthy treatise discrediting him, lol.

LOL. “Let it go” says the guy who just responded.

I think you know the “narrative” that gets a guy like that a TV special dude. Only difference between Edelman and the two guys I mentioned above(and there are a myriad of others at just that position with better stats and life stories)is one thing...

So w

I think you know the “narrative” that gets a guy like that a TV special dude. Only difference between Edelman and the two guys I mentioned above(and there are a myriad of others at just that position with better stats and life stories)is one thing...
Well, I responded after several days and you responded after a few seconds so I think you made my point that this guy's success(and most likely the Pat's) gets under your skin in a major way. And why you can't explain this so called narrative is puzzling me. You're either a Pat's hater or you think it's a white privilege thing. And if it's either of those, hopefully you'll find more meritous things to raise your blood pressure.

So w

Well, I responded after several days and you responded after a few seconds so I think you made my point that this guy's success(and most likely the Pat's) gets under your skin in a major way. And why you can't explain this so called narrative is puzzling me. You're either a Pat's hater or you think it's a white privilege thing. And if it's either of those, hopefully you'll find more meritous things to raise your blood pressure.

Amazed by the Pats and love Brady. In fact, I’ve been to their last 3 Super Bowls, including the unreal comeback against Atlanta. So you’re wrong there.

I can’t spell out the narrative on these boards because of strict rules on these boards, but I shouldn’t have to spell it out. It’s blatantly obvious when a confirmed cheat is glorified in a tv special for being a ‘harder worker’ than others that don’t look like him.

I enjoyed the conversation and it was far from anything to get ‘my blood pressure’ up, though I’m still trying to figure out what ‘meritous’ means, because I’m fairly certain that’s not a word.

Karl Williams isn’t in the discussion with Edelman. All he did was return punts. Edelman is a legit offensive weapon and has been the best wide receiver on at least 2 Super Bowl winning teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT