ADVERTISEMENT

Your Horror Story For Today...

ParooKid

Ultimate Seminole Insider
May 11, 2002
Google or Duck Duck Go and put in Brookside, AL police dept. A story you won't soon forget. I can't believe what I just read.

RE: Black Hole

Crazy but hardly the first place to do this. Although many claim it doesn't happen fines are a significant source of revenue if you have a steady stream of people.

Anyone want to just give a quick breakdown?

Crazy but hardly the first place to do this. Although many claim it doesn't happen fines are a significant source of revenue if you have a steady stream of people.
I remember a town in Illinois just across the river from St. Louis where the local highway went from 55 mph to 35 mph in around 50 yards without warning. They made a lot of money off that trap.

I remember a town in Illinois just across the river from St. Louis where the local highway went from 55 mph to 35 mph in around 50 yards without warning. They made a lot of money off that trap.
Linndale, Ohio. They only owned a 1/4 mile stretch of Interstate and made a ton of money off it.

More than just the Chief needs to resign. I'm not sure he had the sole power of adding positions to his department without the Mayor and others signing off on it. Several City staff would have to know what was going on there.

Exactly what I was about to say lol
I got busted in a little speed trap outside of Statesboro. One of those deals where the speed limit went from 70 to 35 on a 4-lane divided highway, with no warning, and the city po-po is strategically hiding RIGHT THERE to ambush people by the dozens. Got popped for a 40 MPH violation, which would have been disastrous on my insurance. So I hire the local "hot shot" lawyer. He laughed. He told me to send him $1,000. Fine, no problem, but make sure my record is cleansed or at least reduced to a 10-15 MPH violation. "Yeah, of course, no problem."

I think it went like this: $300 to the lawyer; $300 to the Judge; $300 to the city; and $100 to the cop. The whole episode mysteriously vanished. Like it never happened. I even did a self-background check to see what I could find. Nada. Phantom ticket.

The problem here is if there isn't a violation, they just make one up. The corruption goes deep, the county, the prosecuting attorney, the mayor, the police chief, and more importantly, the judge. Unmarked police cars, officers out of uniform skulking about like thieves in the night, no rights observed, handcuffs when none is called for, unmarked speed zones, uncalled for and illegal jail time, etc. Throw in minority persecution and there you have it.

That's a lot different than a lousy speed trap. It's very hard to believe this stuff still goes on after all these years. The governor and state attorney needs to get on the case here. This kind of crap is exactly why this state is looked upon as the second most (Mississippi 1st) backward, redneck state in America.

Last edited:
The problem here is if there isn't a violation, they just make one up. The corruption goes deep, the county, the prosecuting attorney, the mayor, the police chief, and more importantly, the judge. Unmarked police cars, officers out of uniform skulking about like thieves in the night, no rights observed, handcuffs when none is called for, unmarked speed zones, uncalled for and illegal jail time, etc. Throw in minority persecution and there you have it.

That's a lot different than a lousy speed trap. It's very hard to believe this stuff still goes on after all these years. The governor and state attorney needs to get on the case here. This kind of crap is exactly why this state is looked upon as the second most (Mississippi 1st) backward, redneck state in America.
I didn't read all that but I did see alot of tickets, fines and made up charges. With stuff like this you always get those that have a special story or two about what happened. This goes on in many towns in the south especially Miss and Alabama. Years ago I got stopped in Alabama and the local cop said I was speeding and the fine was $100 bucks cash. I said that's a nice even number what's the fine if I just take the ticket? $143. I paid him and left, no points, no insurance hike, no driving school.

I didn't read all that but I did see alot of tickets, fines and made up charges. With stuff like this you always get those that have a special story or two about what happened. This goes on in many towns in the south especially Miss and Alabama. Years ago I got stopped in Alabama and the local cop said I was speeding and the fine was $100 bucks cash. I said that's a nice even number what's the fine if I just take the ticket? $143. I paid him and left, no points, no insurance hike, no driving school.
I suggest you read the entire story from beginning to end. When you get done, then read the additional story concerning the black pastor at the bottom. BTW..it's irrevelent that it goes on all over. That in no way excuses their corrupt behavior.

I suggest you read the entire story from beginning to end. When you get done, then read the additional story concerning the black pastor at the bottom. BTW..it's irrevelent that it goes on all over. That in no way excuses their corrupt behavior.
No it doesn't. Not trying to excuse it just stating a fact. It happens alot. Which is surprising considering the added pressure police departments are under these days. Money and a lack of oversight will do this.

I got busted in a little speed trap outside of Statesboro. One of those deals where the speed limit went from 70 to 35 on a 4-lane divided highway, with no warning, and the city po-po is strategically hiding RIGHT THERE to ambush people by the dozens. Got popped for a 40 MPH violation, which would have been disastrous on my insurance. So I hire the local "hot shot" lawyer. He laughed. He told me to send him $1,000. Fine, no problem, but make sure my record is cleansed or at least reduced to a 10-15 MPH violation. "Yeah, of course, no problem."

I think it went like this: $300 to the lawyer; $300 to the Judge; $300 to the city; and $100 to the cop. The whole episode mysteriously vanished. Like it never happened. I even did a self-background check to see what I could find. Nada. Phantom ticket.
Millen? Hiltononia? Portal?...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT