ADVERTISEMENT

$1.5 Billion - What Would You Do? (three winners )

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
The sum can support generations. So, once you get tired of the hookers and blow (because the nasal passages can only take so much) what would you do.

I'd probably finish out my year at work. Get the financials, charity donations, trusts, etc. all set. Then go on a 2 year tour of the world. Take a tutor for my little girl so she can book learn, but then go see everything in the world.

Then I'd probably buy some acreage and have a real nice ranch house to be my home base. A crash pad in a couple of places when I want to visit. Open up a law office and only handle the case that I want -- probably a lot of indigent work -- and a little gastro-pub to mess around with. Then see where life takes me. Hopefully not end up on E-Television: When Lotto Winners Go Broke.

The sum can support generations. So, once you get tired of the hookers and blow (because the nasal passages can only take so much) what would you do.

I'd probably finish out my year at work. Get the financials, charity donations, trusts, etc. all set. Then go on a 2 year tour of the world. Take a tutor for my little girl so she can book learn, but then go see everything in the world.

Then I'd probably buy some acreage and have a real nice ranch house to be my home base. A crash pad in a couple of places when I want to visit. Open up a law office and only handle the case that I want -- probably a lot of indigent work -- and a little gastro-pub to mess around with. Then see where life takes me. Hopefully not end up on E-Television: When Lotto Winners Go Broke.

Collect years worth of jars of my own urine while watching the same movie on a continuous loop.

Also this quote is the only real answer.

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Da%^ straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well, what about you now? What would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well, yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do sh*&.

Everything I ever wanted, and nothing else.
I'd have a nice place in the Rocky's and a nice place somewhere warm. Then I'd spend my time and money protecting the places I love.

idiots_with_guns_11.jpg

Finish schooling and open up the country's finest stroke center

I would buy one of those $3 million motor homes and hire a couple of drivers. I would then tour the US and visit as many minor league baseball stadiums and catch as many minor league baseball games as I could.

I don't need a big house, I would have a moderate home, with a $5 million pool with a retractable roof, I am a sucker for pools, maybe have a pool deck inside the house that overhangs to the pool.

With the rest, I have no idea what I would do. I once heard a comedian say he'd but a kilo of coke and the USS Constitution, throw one hell of a party and then sink the friggin ship. I'd be back at square one, but that would be one hell of a party!

My family would be all set and I am a sucker for kids who are sick, so Make A Wish would benefit greatly from me, as well as charities that involve cancer stricken children, charities like the Ronald McDonald House.

At my son's wake, the amount of students who stopped by to say bye was overwhelming, maybe I'd offer a $10K scholarship to every kid in his school, or something along that line. Current enrollment is 850, so at $10K a kid, every kid in the school would run me about $8.5 million, a drop in the $800 million bucket (maybe $25K to everyone in his graduating class. Now everyone isn't going to enroll in some form of higher education, so maybe I could gift them a few thousand dollars or donate to charity in their names).

Reactions: nolelan
Play as many events as I could at the next WSOP.

Try and swing a seat in the Big Game

Play golf at every major tournament spot around the globe.

Buy a condo in Vegas

Buy property in the USVI and build a nice place

Fund a $10/yr scholly to FSU

Fund a scholly to my k-8 private school for a few kids.

Have a sit down with the pope after my sizeable donation to the church.

Round the world cruise.

All Wonders of the world, ancient and modern.

There is probably more.

Fortune published a list of state by state after tax payouts for a lump sum. Floridians would get $372M after all is said and done. Some higher tax states would leave you with as "little" as $330M.
If you take the 30 year payout it would be $600M.

First of all, I'd see my accountant before cashing in the ticket in order to use charity rules to avoid the government getting their hands on any of it to squander it. After the initial traveling, partying, carousing, etc. (if I survive), I'd invest heavily in real estate. The money's gotta be put somewhere "safe". I don't need a big house for myself, by the way. A couple of bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a nice screened-in pool, and an awesome game room would do me just fine. I don't need a ton of property either. I bet a lot of people who squander their lottery winnings buy too much house and land and waste money trying to upkeep it.

As for my small group of extended family & friends? To avoid harassment (and just because I'm a good guy), I'd just give them all between $100K-1 million gifts up front and tell them to have fun with it.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
1. give all my siblings 1 million each
2. set up college funds for all of my nieces and nephews
3. set up a trust fund for my son
4. buy homes in Montauk, Manhattan, something in the Keys and another in St. John
5. open a recording studio - it would cater to artists who's music I appreciate - provide complete recording services, production assistance

My typical day would be: wake up with my boy, get him ready for school and drive him. Go to the gym. Come get my wife and go out to lunch. Pick up my boy from school. Eat dinner - home or out. After dinner I would go into my home recording studio/music room, smoke a fatty, have some moonshine and play the guitar until my fingers bleed....then keep playing.

The perfect scenario would be that I live for another 30 years and leave enough money for my son so that he would never have to work.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
You'd probably have to go into hiding because of all the beggars coming out of the woodwork.

I'd probably give at least $100 million to reputable charities.

I wouldn't come forward to be paraded around like a clown with the big check. Quiet and avoid letting people know the best I could. Don't want people begging.

I wouldn't come forward to be paraded around like a clown with the big check. Quiet and avoid letting people know the best I could. Don't want people begging.

In most states, it's public record. You have to go in front of the cameras.

Spend about $10 million for a 60 second Super Bowl ad featuring Kate Upton, Charlotte McKinney and Miss Colombia in bikinis doing the Warchant.
PLUS
VApNye.jpg

w7Rgpy.jpg

vSXyWs.jpg

Play a few rounds with these guys and some other locals/members at the Bears Club

WpKXjn.png

and invest the rest with Kyle Bass, Michael Burry, Jeff Greene and John Paulson.
zHzBmO.gif

HW8nwk.gif

cV31Qu.jpg

Hooked and Coke. Two girls at the same time. Professional balls washer.

Buy a brand new Escalade, put every vent visor, steps, and tacky accessory available on it;

Then enter a demolition derby! :)

Reactions: 62Nole
I would find and buy a mint condition version of all my favorite former vehicles (1964 Ford 100 Step Side pickup first), spend lots of time in the woods world wide, and chill out a lot.
The group that is helping to bring back the American Chestnut would have lots of resources to work with, as would some folks trying to stem the tide of invasive species coming into our country.
There would be routine reports of fantastic anonymous tips in dive restaurants, huge sums in Salvation Army kettles, community gardens and playgrounds sprouting up in poor areas, Florida State and Western Carolina University would have newly endowed chairs, and some amazed folks would finally get new roofs, wheelchair, ramps, and refurbished bathrooms.
All this will come to pass based on the following numbers purchased yesterday (and the little guy who sold them to me will be quite pleased)... 1,10,12,13,21 PB 15 I feel the force, Luke.

Give away 30 million to family and friends. Same to charities. I'd have fsu name their new stadium after me.

Leave the country for a year and travel. I probably wouldn't buy much. I'd just rent stuff for life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT