ADVERTISEMENT

2 Rd 2016 PGSF NFL Mock Draft...On the Clock.....TheDentist

Not sure exactly how Decker slipped this far, but I'd be shocked if he's not among the top 25 picks tomorrow night.
I had him to the Colts at 18 in the first draft... But decided to change things up with this draft. I still expect the Colts to pick him in rd 1 if Conklin is gone by their pick tomorrow night.

I had him to the Colts at 18 in the first draft... But decided to change things up with this draft. I still expect the Colts to pick him in rd 1 if Conklin is gone by their pick tomorrow night.
I could have easily taken Decker for the Browns at 32 but went for the center Kelly instead...Just felt that was a more impactful position of need as opposed to RT (where Decker would line up in Cleveland with Joe Thomas obviously already occupying the left spot).

Lions select Jeremy Cash, S-Duke

Saints select Chris Jones, DL-Texas A&M

With the 48th pick the Indianapolis Colts select Jason Spriggs OT Indiana.

The Colts chose to pass on Decker in the first round after reviewing Spences drug test results and realizing he's too good to pass up while landing the edge rusher they desired. The Colts feel like they hit a home run by landing the home state kid to lock up another huge position of need at OL.

635767782085335730-IUFB-29.jpg

With the 49th pick the Buffalo Bills select Kenny Clark DT UCLA.

The Bills have put a major focus on improving a much needed DL.
paxton-lynch-ncaa-football-memphis-ucla.jpg

With the 50th pick the Atlanta Falcons select Hunter Henry TE Arkansas

After several safety's have come off the board in recent picks, the Falcons were left looking at their back-up plan. They use their second round pick on the TE position, an area that's been lacking since the retirement of Tony Gonzalez. Henry should give Matt Ryan another big option in the passing game behind Julio Jones and off season pickup Mohamed Sanu.
Hunter-Henry-Mackey-Watch.jpg

With the 51st pick the NY Jets select
Shon Coleman, OT Auburn
Jets need a young OT to groom or be ready if Ryan C doesn't do the job. He has great measureables and with some real coaching should be solid player.

@jim65 Won't be home til about 10 in the morning....Emailed Jim my Bengals pick. If Chiefs come up, bear with me.

The Minnesota Vikings continue to bolster their passing attack, and add

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

Holy smokes, Teddy B would throw a party

Reactions: NoleLizards
Dammit Fogel...That was the steal of the draft. I wanted him for the Bungholes...Oh well.

I'll take Jihad Ward, DT, Illinois instead. There's still plenty of receivers left, but Cincy needs to add some new blood to the middle of its d-line. Ward has been a fast riser and will look to wage a holy war against opposing offenses. (See what I did there?)

Reactions: FSU Fogel
@jim65 Can't get my damned Yahoo email to work right now, but as you can see, I already made the Bengals' selection. Thanks anyway.

The Seahawks take Le'Raven Clark Tackle Texas Tech.

"He's going to end up being big time in our league. He's got elite foot quickness, he's long and he's smart. He'll keep getting better once he gets to a pro offense and away from that stuff Texas Tech does and he'll become one of the top five tackles in our league." -- NFC personnel director

Dammit Fogel...That was the steal of the draft. I wanted him for the Bungholes...Oh well.

I'll take Jihad Ward, DT, Illinois instead. There's still plenty of receivers left, but Cincy needs to add some new blood to the middle of its d-line. Ward has been a fast riser and will look to wage a holy war against opposing offenses. (See what I did there?)

Seriously. Can you imagine the elation on Teddy Bridgewater's face if the Vikings add Treadwell and Doctson? With Diggs, Rudolph, and of course AD running the ball.

Seriously. Can you imagine the elation on Teddy Bridgewater's face if the Vikings add Treadwell and Doctson? With Diggs, Rudolph, and of course AD running the ball.
They might rival the '98 Vikes for offensive explosiveness!

The Packers select DE/OLB Shilique Calhoun Michigan state. They need to beef up the defensive front. ILB is also a need to address but can probably get a solid one in 3rd or 4th round. Offensive lineman in the other

@jim65 You are up, grand poohbah. My pick of the century of the week awaits for the Chefs...

images

@jim65 I get what you mean. My last pick for Kansas City is CB Xavien Howard from Baylor. Corner opposite last year's #1 pick Marcus Peters is perhaps the Chiefs' most pressing (pun sort of intended) need following the departure of Sean smith via free agency. Ragland was just too good of a prospect to pass up in the first, and patience was rewarded here as Howard definitely displays the talent to step in and grab the open starting job.

The New England Pats take:

Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State

and

Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State

The Panthers of Carolina take Willie Beavers, Tackle, Western Michigan. Somebody's got to block for Cam.

Hargrave's a great small-school sleeper pick in a very deep DL draft, but I find it interesting that guys like Austin Johnson, Aldolphus Washington, Sheldon Day, and Hassan Ridgeway went undrafted.

Last edited:
Hargrave's a great small-school sleeper pick in a very deep DL draft, but I find it interesting that guys like Austin Johnson, Aldolphus Washington, Sheldon Day, and Hassan Ridgeway went undrafted.
Hargrave's a late bloomer. He has done almost all of his work without top level coaching, and on just athletic ability alone, but still produces eye popping numbers. With the right coaching he could be another Aaron Donald, or Timmy J. (who remembers him?).

Hargrave's a late bloomer. He has done almost all of his work without top level coaching, and on just athletic ability alone, but still produces eye popping numbers. With the right coaching he could be another Aaron Donald, or Timmy J. (who remembers him?).
I really like Hargrave. I was considering taking him near the end of round 3 in our first draft, but we never got to those picks! :(

@jim65 When and if you update the picks, Chris Jones is from Mississippi State (not Texas A&M).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT