ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Braves Thread

What a difference a year makes. Before last night's win, the Nats were on a nine game winning streak against the Braves. Atlanta owned them the last few years.

Nice to see them get a W finally.
On pace for 76-86 right now. .474 won't cut it.

Nice series win against the Nats last night. I'm surprised the umps didn't review the fair ball call on Maybin's game winning single. It certainly landed in foul territory behind the third base bag but it's where it is when it crosses the bag on a grounder. Hopefully they can keep it going versus the Phillies.

Man Maybin is putting out some good numbers. .295 is about double the production we got out of center field last year. Plus his attitude seems a lot better.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Looks like Grilli blew out his Achilles covering first in the bottom of the ninth vs the Rockies. To add insult to injury (literally) the pen allows that runner to score giving him the loss too.

Earlier it was announced that Freddy would be back after the All Star break. Now they're hoping for the first of August. That sucks.
Personally I would rather him sit as long as needed. He's the face of the franchise. No way we even make playoffs this year. Why risk creating an injury that flares up for years.

Not a fan of the proposed trade of Uribe to the Mets. Right now he's the only offense Atlanta has and to get two minor league pitchers who may not see the bigs for several years doesn't sound like a quality deal.

Well, it is no longer a proposed trade. Done deal. Mets get two pieces of what little offense the Braves have and Atlanta gets two more minor league pitchers. smh

Not sure I understand that trade. The bigger question is why did we ever sign Chris Johnson. We must have been the only team in the league to not know that he doesn't get along in the dugout. Apparently no one wants him.

Not sure I understand that trade. The bigger question is why did we ever sign Chris Johnson. We must have been the only team in the league to not know that he doesn't get along in the dugout. Apparently no one wants him.
Braves are pathetic. They have no offense ... Apparently they got rid of all their strike out players and added guys who struggle to hit the ball out of the infield.

Not a fan of the proposed trade of Uribe to the Mets. Right now he's the only offense Atlanta has and to get two minor league pitchers who may not see the bigs for several years doesn't sound like a quality deal.
What? No! Uribe and who else is gone??? That's just nuts.

The thing that baffles me is even with this fire sale we are only 6.5 out. Coulda tried a little this year and won the division. Makes me think teams don't turn a profit by making the playoffs.

I wonder if Braves General Manager John Hart has gotten the pitchers together and apologized for getting rid of or trading away any offense they had costing them a chance to win? I'm just struggling understanding his methodology.

What? No! Uribe and who else is gone??? That's just nuts.

Uribe and Kelly Johnson to the Mets for two middling pitching prospects that won't even crack the top 25. I was following with Hart at first, but can he not get a couple hitters? Geez.

If the rumored trade goes through, I may be done. It makes no sense. Wood, Peraza, and Jim Johnson to the Dodgers for Olivera who is 30 and has been injured and yet to play in the majors plus is making $60 million and has an opt out of traded which will hopefully be waived, the Dodgers #15 prospect who has an era over 4 in class A, and a compensatory pick. Awesome, good haul Hart. Let's trade controllable assets for when the team should be contending for an unproven "30" year old who will be at least 32 before contending and has a huge contract, f'ing brilliant.

Edit, just read LA already paid $28 million in bonus so Braves would only pay $32 million over 5 years which is a lot better but the trade still makes no sense from a competitive and strategic standpoint.

Last edited:
If the rumored trade goes through, I may be done. It makes no sense. Wood, Peraza, and Jim Johnson to the Dodgers for Olivera who is 30 and has been injured and yet to play in the majors plus is making $60 million and has an opt out of traded which will hopefully be waived, the Dodgers #15 prospect who has an era over 4 in class A, and a compensatory pick. Awesome, good haul Hart. Let's trade controllable assets for when the team should be contending for an unproven "30" year old who will be at least 32 before contending and has a huge contract, f'ing brilliant.

Edit, just read LA already paid $28 million in bonus so Braves would only pay $32 million over 5 years which is a lot better but the trade still makes no sense from a competitive and strategic standpoint.
Was just getting ready to post the same thing. I just don't get it. Anyway, here's a link to a story about the trade. http://m.mlb.com/news/article/139470942/dodgers-set-to-trade-with-marlins-braves

Atlanta scores 4 runs for the entirety of a three game series against a .500 team and nothing is done to bolster the anemic offense. I surely hope Hart has explained his plan clearly to the team and they are on board. Otherwise, I can see trouble brewing.

Can anyone stop Hart now before it's too late? He's destroying this club!

If you are Freddie Freeman and Andrelton Simmons what are you thinking?

Still don't get the Markakis deal. Looks to me they added him to try and contend now and then scrapped the idea or contending. Hart can't think he will be good in 2017. He has 0 power after his neck injury. Nice player. Hits for contact but not worth what they are paying him.

It's very weird bc if they wanted to free up payroll at beginning of the year they woulda gotten rid of Teheran, Wood and not have signed Kelly Johnson, Grilli or Markakis. Must be some good stuff they are smoking up there.

“As we start to retool this offense, this is the first building block, I think,” Braves president of baseball operations John Hart said. “Look, we just don’t have the upper-level bats that are in the (minor league) system. We’re going to have to be creative in how we bring in some of these guys….

Some have questioned the wisdom of trading for a 30-year-old with no big-league experience, but Hart said the Braves believe Olivera is in the prime of his career and will contribute for the length of his contract, including when the Braves move into their new ballpark in 2017 and beyond.

^^Count me in that group^^

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/braves-would-get-sought-after-cuban-but-give-up-pl/nm9Gh/

I fully expect them to tank the majority of the rest of this year. You should see the win percentage dip a bit.

I fully expect them to tank the majority of the rest of this year. You should see the win percentage dip a bit.
Well, the Braves are playing the hapless Phillies tight , down only 9-0 in the sixth.

Well, the Braves are playing the hapless Phillies tight , down only 9-0 in the sixth.
Yet another drubbing by the phillies. 12-2 in the sixth ... Aardsma gives up five in 2/3 innings in relief.

Talking with a buddy who is an Astros fan. He preached patience. That would be easier if I even vaguely understood Hart's plan. Right now, I'm almost wishing Frank Wren was still the GM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT