ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NBA Playoffs-

Yea and making a bunch more than he would have in CLE and not having to deal with that weather.
Dude already owns homes there, those costs aren't changing. So you're basically concerned with the diff in what he pays at a private school in LA vs CLE?

You're just finding random reasons to hate on Cali. Stop.

Uh thanks for the advice and the amazing insight into my brain all the way through the Internet. You should have your own tv show. Bottom line it is a known fact that the amount of money it takes to live in a place like Cali or NY is significantly higher than places like Texas or Fla. and most other places in the US. Dude has the money so he will be fine; but he will be writing larger checks to the government and as of now he is on a team that is not any better than his team in Cleveland.

Uh thanks for the advice and the amazing insight into my brain all the way through the Internet. You should have your own tv show. Bottom line it is a known fact that the amount of money it takes to live in a place like Cali or NY is significantly higher than places like Texas or Fla. and most other places in the US. Dude has the money so he will be fine; but he will be writing larger checks to the government and as of now he is on a team that is not any better than his team in Cleveland.
Not sure why you keep avoid the fact that he'll have more opportunities to generate revenue in LA than he would in TX or FL. There by making LA not only the better lifestyle decision but also the better financial decision.

But yea you can live your life living in undesirable places just so you can skip out on paying some taxes. Penny wise, pound foolish

You clearly haven't followed your own advice, living in a state that has an income tax.

Not sure why you keep avoid the fact that he'll have more opportunities to generate revenue in LA than he would in TX or FL. There by making LA not only the better lifestyle decision but also the better financial decision.

But yea you can live your life living in undesirable places just so you can skip out on paying some taxes. Penny wise, pound foolish

You clearly haven't followed your own advice, living in a state that has an income tax.
Wow more assumptions. Yes he will make more money and have more opportunity. My point is he could have made more money and still had the same opportunities in other places. Not to mention have a better chance of winning another title. Sure LA is LA, but what do you think some company wants to do business with LJ but then says oh he lives in Texas never mind. By the way I do live in state with an income tax; but guess what I don't pay it. Hmm Mr. wizard how do I do that??? You are right though living on HHI is just hell, so undesirable but please continue your wizard like talents.

Wow more assumptions. Yes he will make more money and have more opportunity. My point is he could have made more money and still had the same opportunities in other places. Not to mention have a better chance of winning another title. Sure LA is LA, but what do you think some company wants to do business with LJ but then says oh he lives in Texas never mind. By the way I do live in state with an income tax; but guess what I don't pay it. Hmm Mr. wizard how do I do that??? You are right though living on HHI is just hell, so undesirable but please continue your wizard like talents.
He will be able to create professional and business relationships and opportunities in LA that he wouldn't have in other markets.

Not sure how to make that more clear. I'm not going to get into the personal insult stuff with you.

As an example, this is an excerpt from a KD interview with ESPN. Lebron wants to be in media, hospitality, entertainment... LA is the place for that.

ESPN: How much smarter of a businessman are you than you were, say, two years ago?
DURANT: I have mentors like Ron Conway [early-stage Google and PayPal investor] and Ben Horowitz [co-founder of Silicon Valley venture capital fund Andreessen Horowitz] and good friendships with guys like Chris Lyons [chief of staff for Andreessen Horowitz]. I mean, you just go to dinner with these guys, hang out with them. You start to meet these types of people at games. It's a little easier being here than saying, "Let's meet up when I come in from Oklahoma."

Dr. Dre is close to a billionaire because Jimmy Irovine was walking past his California beach and told he should be in the speaker business not the sneaker business. There is a certain sweat equity benefit to living in the market you want to break into as well as being associated with a Hollywood team and all the coonections that mean. Plus these guys aren’t filing 1040 and cutting a check. They are hiring SeaPA to reduce their liability

Figured he was going to LA because he's got houses there, his business is there and his son has been eyeing high schools out there for a while now.

Figured he was going to LA because he's got houses there, his business is there and his son has been eyeing high schools out there for a while now.
I'm just a bit surprised that he couldn't get Paul George to go with him.

Shocking. I have no idea what PG was thinking ... Unless LA didn't want him anymore because they're banking on signing Kawhi.

Smart LA plan, IMO, would have been sign PG and LJ, set up salary cap situation to be able to sign Kawhi when he becomes a free agent ... unless he goes to a team like Philly that he actually wants to re-sign with.

The players and teams have been planning out the next few years. Way beyond looking at this season, it seems. The league is a business and this was a business move.

While I usually hate super teams and I despise the Lakers and their fanbase, I do like what this does to the league. The East will be allowed to be competitive, a new team will emerge as the lead, could be Boston, Philly or Toronto. And out West, you will have a blood bath, no easy road to the Finals at all.

I think this ultimately will be good for the league, viewership will go up, you'll have a lot of folks rooting against the Lakers/Warriors and cheering on the competition. I really hope the Eastern Conference can win the championship next year, wouldn't that be amazing?

Reactions: NoleinATL

I am not it is obvious to me that LJ likes to move around and isn't loyal to teams or team mates. Nothing wrong with that, but the constant movement makes people gun shy about going somewhere with him. Throw in his me first attitude and you have a guy who is beyond talented but very difficult to play with or get along with. I am sure all the greats are that way; but they also all seemed to figure out a way to form a team and make it work.

Shocking. I have no idea what PG was thinking ... Unless LA didn't want him anymore because they're banking on signing Kawhi.

Smart LA plan, IMO, would have been sign PG and LJ, set up salary cap situation to be able to sign Kawhi when he becomes a free agent ... unless he goes to a team like Philly that he actually wants to re-sign with.

The players and teams have been planning out the next few years. Way beyond looking at this season, it seems. The league is a business and this was a business move.

While I usually hate super teams and I despise the Lakers and their fanbase, I do like what this does to the league. The East will be allowed to be competitive, a new team will emerge as the lead, could be Boston, Philly or Toronto. And out West, you will have a blood bath, no easy road to the Finals at all.

I think this ultimately will be good for the league, viewership will go up, you'll have a lot of folks rooting against the Lakers/Warriors and cheering on the competition. I really hope the Eastern Conference can win the championship next year, wouldn't that be amazing?

Agreed the issue I see now is seeding. Being the 3rd or 4th seed in the east still means you have a shot. Being the 3rd or 4th seed in the west and you have a tough road to get to a finals. The west is really deep and you will have to fight for every series; the east not so much. Not to mention the Lakers aren't there yet they need a few more pieces. I guess you can say it is a 4 year deal, so you have time; but who is to say other teams don't get better in those 4 years. Seems like the Lakers are cashing checks now that they expect to come in a couple of years from now.

I've got to think the Lakers might have cooled on PG, for whatever reason. As a fan not everything is immediately evident to me, however it seems the Lakers' strategy is to form a core this season, take some lumps allowing chemistry to form. No immediate urgency as Lebron isn't going anywhere for 4 seasons.

If they can land Kawhi for a reasonable ransom this offseason, do it. Else wait till next summer and land him on the FA market without losing any players in the process.

I like this gradual process, reduces pressure to win now, allows chemistry to form, tests out some of the existing pieces and how they mature with Lebron. See how IT progresses, Lonzo's game develops, etc...

I'd imagine Kevin Love has to be eyeing a return to LA, and he's openly stated he wants to continue to be Lebron's teammate, so that could be another piece next season. Klay Thompson is another name frequently connected to the Lakers (or Sixers), who'd be a great addition. Kemba Walker is another name being mentioned, esp if IT / Lonzo don't pan out.

I was never a huge PG fan, so not pulling him isn't a big *oh god* moment.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I've got to think the Lakers might have cooled on PG, for whatever reason. As a fan not everything is immediately evident to me, however it seems the Lakers' strategy is to form a core this season, take some lumps allowing chemistry to form. No immediate urgency as Lebron isn't going anywhere for 4 seasons.

If they can land Kawhi for a reasonable ransom this offseason, do it. Else wait till next summer and land him on the FA market without losing any players in the process.

I like this gradual process, reduces pressure to win now, allows chemistry to form, tests out some of the existing pieces and how they mature with Lebron. See how IT progresses, Lonzo's game develops, etc...

I'd imagine Kevin Love has to be eyeing a return to LA, and he's openly stated he wants to continue to be Lebron's teammate, so that could be another piece next season. Klay Thompson is another name frequently connected to the Lakers (or Sixers), who'd be a great addition. Kemba Walker is another name being mentioned, esp if IT / Lonzo don't pan out.

I was never a huge PG fan, so not pulling him isn't a big *oh god* moment.
Yeah, I could definitely see K-Love going back to Tinseltown.

Lebron is not difficult to get along with or play with, that BS narrative was started by Larry Hughes and Mario Chalmers agents and picked up by kooky Kyrie(and ironically all of them are notoriously space cadets and difficult to get along with). Ill trust Battier and R Jefferson and Mike Miller and Popovich and Pat Riley and Coach K, who all rave about Lebrons leadership and inclusion.

Regardless, Lebron isn’t loyal to the worst owner in the league Gilbert. If the Cavs had any other owner Lebron would spend 20 years in Cleveland and never would have had a reason to leave. Gilbert only winning 1 title with Lebron should make him have to sell his team imho.

Paul George didn’t want the pressure to win a title in his hometown, he’s soft and can just hide in OKC.

This move poses a problem for me - I like Lebron, and I don't care for the Warriors....but I can never cheer for the Lakers.

I'm at a point where I can just watch the games and not root for anyone. That's how it was this year for me, it'll be the same for teams out west other than the Spurs.

And being that the Spurs will likely be spectators this season, I'll be interested to see what happens out East.

I like the potential out there to see what happens for the Finals. May have a situation like the Pistons of 2004, which snuck in a win against the loaded Lakers (albeit old guys). Still, Pistons whooping Lakers 4-1 was a surprise and I loved it.

I'm at a point where I can just watch the games and not root for anyone. That's how it was this year for me, it'll be the same for teams out west other than the Spurs.

And being that the Spurs will likely be spectators this season, I'll be interested to see what happens out East.

I like the potential out there to see what happens for the Finals. May have a situation like the Pistons of 2004, which snuck in a win against the loaded Lakers (albeit old guys). Still, Pistons whooping Lakers 4-1 was a surprise and I loved it.
I'm not a Celtics fan by any means, but they have a chance to play with anyone...including the Warriors...if they're healthy next season.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
Lebron is not difficult to get along with or play with, that BS narrative was started by Larry Hughes and Mario Chalmers agents and picked up by kooky Kyrie(and ironically all of them are notoriously space cadets and difficult to get along with). Ill trust Battier and R Jefferson and Mike Miller and Popovich and Pat Riley and Coach K, who all rave about Lebrons leadership and inclusion.

Regardless, Lebron isn’t loyal to the worst owner in the league Gilbert. If the Cavs had any other owner Lebron would spend 20 years in Cleveland and never would have had a reason to leave. Gilbert only winning 1 title with Lebron should make him have to sell his team imho.

Paul George didn’t want the pressure to win a title in his hometown, he’s soft and can just hide in OKC.

If he is not difficult then why 4 changes in what 12 years? If you hire someone who has a resume and they change employers every few years you would ask. Maybe it is everyone else, but I have concerns for someone who can't stay in the same place for more than a few years and make things work. Yes pro sports is different but still not staying somewhere long term and building a great system/program makes me wonder.

If he is not difficult then why 4 changes in what 12 years? If you hire someone who has a resume and they change employers every few years you would ask. Maybe it is everyone else, but I have concerns for someone who can't stay in the same place for more than a few years and make things work. Yes pro sports is different but still not staying somewhere long term and building a great system/program makes me wonder.
FZDZJ16ICX7KZRW.LARGE.gif

Because he went to teams that had better chances to win. You act like he was run out of town or that those teams weren’t crushed when he left.

Because those are the rules of the NBA. He was drafted by Cleveland, left the worst franchise with the worst owner after leading them to the finals to go to play for Pat Riley and a better chance to win titles. Players from all over the league took less money to play with him in Miami. After winning two titles there, he once again stayed well within the rules and opted to return to his hometown team to try to get them a title. Again, players, including Dwayne Wade followed him. He brought Cleveland their first title in forever. Now he has exercised his player option and left Dan Gilbert and the Cavs for Magic Johnson and the Lakers.

Only you can find fault in that.

Can’t make this up... Cousins to the Warriors. They have a literal all star team now. Now it doesn’t matter what Lakers do, Warriors will walk to the title.

Can’t make this up... Cousins to the Warriors. They have a literal all star team now. Now it doesn’t matter what Lakers do, Warriors will walk to the title.

And the rich get richer Simulate season, move on to next post season.

Only hope is Warriors become completely bored and dysfunctional and disband.

Next year will be all about the side storylines, while Warriors cake walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Paul George staying with OKC means he can make $100 mil. more than what he could have with the Lakers..

Rondo signed with the LAL...

Only hope is that Boogie messes up the chemistry

If he is not difficult then why 4 changes in what 12 years?
Because he's taken agency over his career and isn't going by the traditional, often counter productive, model of elite players spending much or all of their career in one place.

As MANY others have said, Gilbert is an awful owner and a pretty scummy human, in spite of that because of a passion for his hometown he returned and won them a title. With that accomplished he's free to do what's best for himself, as he and all players should have been doing all along.

It's very interesting to see NFL players tweeting over the last day that they need to take a page from the NBA and treat the league like it's pure business (like owners do) rather than having these romanticized loyalties to franchises. Hopefully they follow suit and increase their share of the pie, financially and power.

Because he's taken agency over his career and isn't going by the traditional, often counter productive, model of elite players spending much or all of their career in one place.

As MANY others have said, Gilbert is an awful owner and a pretty scummy human, in spite of that because of a passion for his hometown he returned and won them a title. With that accomplished he's free to do what's best for himself, as he and all players should have been doing all along.

It's very interesting to see NFL players tweeting over the last day that they need to take a page from the NBA and treat the league like it's pure business (like owners do) rather than having these romanticized loyalties to franchises. Hopefully they follow suit and increase their share of the pie, financially and power.
How so, I am truly asking. At one point he had LJ, Love and Kyrie on his team; that sounds like someone who is trying to put a team with a real chance to win a title on the floor. Plus they had pretty decent roles players.

Yeah bc NFL players are all just a bunch of pushovers who value loyalty over money? NFL players don’t have the power bc outside of a handful of QBs any one player doesn’t impact the game the way a NBA star does. On the rare occasion an elite, or even close to elite QB, hits the open market teams fall all over themselves for them. See: Kirk Cousins

How so, I am truly asking. At one point he had LJ, Love and Kyrie on his team; that sounds like someone who is trying to put a team with a real chance to win a title on the floor. Plus they had pretty decent roles players.
Gilbert definitely wants to win. He’s paid a ton of money in luxury tax. But he also ran thru GMs which created a very unstable franchise overall. And also wrote that absurd letter to LeBron when he left for Miami. They got insanely lucky winning the lottery 3 times in 4 years I think it was so it wasn’t like they were making savvy personnel decisions. Heck one of those #1 overall picks, Anthony Bennett, is one of the biggest draft busts ever.

I don't know what to say this. It was not good when Durant went there and by all imagination I never would have thought this. Should the season next year just be scrapped and given to the warriors. What a horrible time to be an NBA fan.

I don't know what to say this. It was not good when Durant went there and by all imagination I never would have thought this. Should the season next year just be scrapped and given to the warriors. What a horrible time to be an NBA fan.
As a Warriors fan, yes I can see how other folks hate this but let’s not act like next season is a foregone conclusion...
- they nearly lost to the Rockets, if CP3 were healthy who knows
- the Celtics, with a healthy Kyrie and Gordon Hayward, an elite core of young guys, and Horford, can play with anyone. Warriors included.
- Boogie is the definition of a wild card and without Javale, there’s not a ton of support if he fails to get healthy or he goes loco.

Okay yea that’s about it. At least for 2018-2019 you’re likely looking at a 3 team league. I expect some very interesting things from the Lakers in the 2019-2020 season.

#3peat

Reactions: seminoleed
As a Warriors fan, yes I can see how other folks hate this but let’s not act like next season is a foregone conclusion...
- they nearly lost to the Rockets, if CP3 were healthy who knows
- the Celtics, with a healthy Kyrie and Gordon Hayward, an elite core of young guys, and Horford, can play with anyone. Warriors included.
- Boogie is the definition of a wild card and without Javale, there’s not a ton of support if he fails to get healthy or he goes loco.

Okay yea that’s about it. At least for 2018-2019 you’re likely looking at a 3 team league. I expect some very interesting things from the Lakers in the 2019-2020 season.

#3peat

Warriors would have lost if the rockets made a couple three during that damn Ofer run. Boogies contract is so friendly the Warriors can buy him out if he starts acting the fool.

Warriors would have lost if the rockets made a couple three during that damn Ofer run. Boogies contract is so friendly the Warriors can buy him out if he starts acting the fool.
Agreed on both points. Which is to say, this season is no gimme for the Ws.

Let's not also forget that cousins is coming off an Achilles injury. No telling how well he is going to play now.

Let's not also forget that cousins is coming off an Achilles injury. No telling how well he is going to play now.

True. And he is a notorious cancer. But at $5 mil the Warriors don’t care if he rested until next April.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Colombian fighting back against the expected English rough play

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT