ADVERTISEMENT

For the Orange Bowl, FSU will be without Travis, Bell, Benson, Lovett, Wilson among others who have entered the portal. Can't wait for herbie to use this game as justification for leaving us out.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
For the Orange Bowl, FSU will be without Travis, Bell, Benson, Lovett, Wilson among others who have entered the portal. Can't wait for herbie to use this game as justification for leaving us out.
They'll just say, "UGA had players opt out, too". If we win, they'll say "it proves nothing because UGA didn't belong in the playoffs either". Can't win against a stacked deck.

Only thing we can hope for is that Alabama and Texas just get completely dominated and blown out of the stadium... Honestly, won't watch one minute of the playoffs this year...
Between NIL, portal, this playoff crapola, massive coaching salaries, the new player mercenary mindset.... etc, etc. I can see why some people are losing interest in CFB

Last edited:
Reactions: CC0492
They'll just say, "UGA had players opt out, too". If we win, they'll say "it proves nothing because UGA didn't belong in the playoffs either". Can't win against a stacked deck.

Only thing we can hope for is that Alabama and Texas just get completely dominated and blown out of the stadium... Honestly, won't watch one minute of the playoffs this year...
Between NIL, portal, this playoff crapola, massive coaching salaries, the new player mercenary mindset.... etc, etc. I can see why some people are losing interest in CFB
I hope UW wins it all and embarrasses UM for the title. It's incredible that 50% of the CFP teams do not belong there!

Reactions: noletaire
Our thin team roster keeps getting thinner. F*ck this stupid transfer portal and NIL bullsh*t. It has totally f*cked up recruiting and the bowl season. SMH

Our thin team roster keeps getting thinner. F*ck this stupid transfer portal and NIL bullsh*t. It has totally f*cked up recruiting and the bowl season. SMH
The bowl season was F#$%ed up on Dec 3rd.

What school is not affected by the portal or the NIL?
If you notice SEC schools tend to get a positive impact from the portal. Good players from UF and A&M end up at other SEC schools. The playoff teams won’t lose players early as well.

Not concerned at all with NIL or portals.

Norville has had it shown to him that he's in poor conference and isn't going to see any national championships in the future.
Things with the playoffs will change next year when 12 teams are included. The seeding is what will be up for debate. The top four get byes and will play their first game at home.

And you can bet if FSU somehow goes 13=0 again, we'll be seeded 12th. That is a mortal lock.
That’s the thing. Now that they know the rules can be adjusted to fit what they want a 1 loss or unbeaten could easily be left out. They will just cite some fake metric.

Reactions: seminoleed
I had no issue. It was the final FU to the committee.

Now, I didn't expect Kirby Smart to look the game as an opportunity to make a statement about opt outs. That was a douchebag move.

It doesn't hurt the committee, though, IMO.

It does hurt FSU by getting blown out on national TV.

Last edited:
Coach has been hitting the free agent portal hard recently. It seems quite a few players are attracted to come here and give a year of service.
Pay and recruit them like mercenaries. Next season turn them loose like mercenaries and leave no doubt.

Bowl games are bonus exhibitions, like all-star games. Players should only play in them if it benefits them. A player having loyalty to a school or team makes no sense in football. Football is a business, and players face the most risks and the highest stakes, as the example of Jordan Travis highlights intensely for FSU football players right now. They need to protect and maximize their earning potential.
I agree with all of that except the loyalty to a team part. In a team sport or any event where you have to count on the actions of others there has to be team loyalty and cohesion. Your only as fast as your slowest member, without unity and loyalty to at least each other it wont work. FSU had good team loyalty and unity up until the snub then it unraveled. If you had 85 individuals out there you would win 4 games instead of 13 like Colorado.

The more this nonsense goes on, the more I think Mike is gone with the first good offer. And I don't blame him one bit.
*Update* Crisis averted. Thank goodness.

Hey ed, there is a coveted SEC head coaching job open. And Norvell is already listed as a possible target.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT