ADVERTISEMENT

Bullshit! As I figured

It will be all sec title game from here on out!

I will pull for Washington or Michigan now!

Eff bama and Texas!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Great win for FSU.

I predict that the committee selects:
1 - Alabama
2 - Michigan
3 - Washington
4 - Texas
The four best conference champions at this time, configured for an epic final Pac12/Big10 Rose Bowl and a Bama/Texas rematch in the semifinals.

I think FSU ends up getting matched with either UGA or OSU in an elite bowl game.
You are quite prescient on this one.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Our Florida reps from both sides of the isle are pissed!

Calling for an investigation

I agree!

One makes a super valid point “ Texas never ranked higher than fsu all season “!

It’s as ll about tv money!!

Nothing is pure anymore it seems, college football used to be something special, traditions, rivalry’s, competition, and student athletes!

Then Nike and adidas threw money at it, networks threw money at it and even started revenue flows by way of conference networks

Something that was pure and good has been lost to greed, power and control outside of the game!

Itch is disgusted by this pollution of something that was so special once upon a time that I may now replace it with pickleball or something else to do a a brisk, crisp fall afternoon!

Losses matter and Bama has one and FSU does not.
Actually, they dont. The mulligan rule was invoked and Bama along with Texas got a pass. What should have happened is Texas and FSU should and the SEC should be out. Or leave Michigan out. They cheated.

Our Florida reps from both sides of the isle are pissed!

Calling for an investigation

I agree!

One makes a super valid point “ Texas never ranked higher than fsu all season “!

It’s as ll about tv money!!

Nothing is pure anymore it seems, college football used to be something special, traditions, rivalry’s, competition, and student athletes!

Then Nike and adidas threw money at it, networks threw money at it and even started revenue flows by way of conference networks

Something that was pure and good has been lost to greed, power and control outside of the game!

Itch is disgusted by this pollution of something that was so special once upon a time that I may now replace it with pickleball or something else to do a a brisk, crisp fall afternoon!
Yeah, I think I'm done with college football just like I did with the NFL. The NIL, ESPN and SEC BS, schools cheating and getting away with it then this. It's the final straw. Also, I cancelled my Hulu subscription since they are tied to ABC and ESPN. Won't give those bastards another dime.

Yeah, I think I'm done with college football just like I did with the NFL. The NIL, ESPN and SEC BS, schools cheating and getting away with it then this. It's the final straw. Also, I cancelled my Hulu subscription since they are tied to ABC and ESPN. Won't give those bastards another dime.
Giving up on college football for me would be akin to getting a divorce after 40 years. I've invested so much in my fanship over the decades (both monetarily and emotionally) just to have the corrupt establishment yank the rug out from beneath me.

Giving up on college football for me would be akin to getting a divorce after 40 years. I've invested so much in my fanship over the decades (both monetarily and emotionally) just to have the corrupt establishment yank the rug out from beneath me.
Yep, but that's what it's come to. I can't continue to spend time and money watching a product that's obviously flawed and rigged in one direction.

Reactions: NoleLizards
FIVE members of that Committee have ACC connections.
They kept FSU in the top four for two weeks after JT was hurt, then jumped us with two one loss teams.
Sellouts.
Wait until projected first round draft picks start skipping playoff games, or kids get hurt in practice leading up to games. Will they drop those teams from playoff slots?

Last edited:
They kept FSU in the top four for two weeks after JT was hurt, then jumped us with two one loss teams.
Sellouts.
Wait until projected first round draft picks start skipping playoff games, or kids get hurt in practice leading up to games. Will they drop those teams from playoff slots?
The short answer is no. Why? Because dropping FSU had nothing to do with the injury. Bama was getting in and in order to do that they had to put Texas in as well. Why Texas? Money and power. Texas has too much of both plus they couldn't justify leaving out Texas when they won the 1 v 1 match up. That is sacred for now until its FSU on the other end. If they left out Texas there would be a nuclear war level firestorm. Why Bama? Well, we all know that answer. So why not Washington or Michigan? They had to pick someone to screw and FSU was it, path of least resistance and nobody really likes us that much anyway including our own conference leadership.

Surprised to see Patrick Payton's name in the portal. He's a bonafide starter on this team. Has a great opportunity in '24 at FSU to solidify his name as our next defensive Superstar and be talked about on NFL Draftboards!

Hope he's not making a mistake like some others that left like Ward and Pittman! The grass is not always greener elsewhere! But maybe the NIL money is????? If that's what he's chasing?

• Sad
Surprised to see Patrick Payton's name in the portal. He's a bonafide starter on this team. Has a great opportunity in '24 at FSU to solidify his name as our next defensive Superstar and be talked about on NFL Draftboards!

Hope he's not making a mistake like some others that left like Ward and Pittman! The grass is not always greener elsewhere! But maybe the NIL money is????? If that's what he's chasing?
I saw elsewhere that he set a price of $1 million for NIL money. Don’t know if it’s accurate.
Wish him luck.

I don't think he's officially in the portal yet but there is movement in that direction it seems.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I don't think he's officially in the portal yet but there is movement in that direction it seems.
He might be trying to up FSU's ante before he decides to let another school know how much they offer him. Kind of like Jimbo and his agent.

He might be trying to up FSU's ante before he decides to let another school know how much they offer him. Kind of like Jimbo and his agent.
I think he stays but it sucks what this has come to.

The portal is essentially free agency, and the teams that can pay for elite talent are going to stockpile elite talent.

The NCAA is clearly moving Div1 football to a promotion/relegation model. FSU is a bubble team, and I don't know if FSU is going to be able to hang with the premier league teams once this model gets up to speed.
What is clear is that certain premier teams take FSU as a threat and want them gone.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I think all premier teams in all sports see all other teams as threats and want to beat/undermine all of them, generally. That is the nature of competition.
Hence Michigan stealing signs, benefiting on the field from it, and being rewarded with a #1 ranking.

I think all premier teams in all sports see all other teams as threats and want to beat/undermine all of them, generally. That is the nature of competition.
I should have been more clear. Not so much the team but the conference and its media arm saw FSU as the threat. This was bigger than team on team competition.

I don't think that the SEC or ESPN see FSU as a threat as much as they see FSU as small potatoes. They know that the hit that they will take for upsetting FSU is less than the hit that they would take for upsetting Bama or Texas.
Yes a threat to taking a spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT