ADVERTISEMENT

5 studies (5) show COVID just isn't very deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Published in a business magazine that serves the pharmaceutical industry, this is not written with a political spin like everything else we read:

https://www.pharmalive.com/multiple...19-mortality-rate-may-be-lower-than-expected/

Truly think it's just not that bad. At-risk groups need to keep themselves safe, the rest of us are safe already.
I agree. At risk groups is the key phrase. Does that mean that it can’t hurt anybody else? No. But this craziness has been self inflicted.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Published in a business magazine that serves the pharmaceutical industry, this is not written with a political spin like everything else we read:

https://www.pharmalive.com/multiple...19-mortality-rate-may-be-lower-than-expected/

Truly think it's just not that bad. At-risk groups need to keep themselves safe, the rest of us are safe already.

Well if a virus that attacks your lungs and causes your blood to clot and that's killed almost 80,000 Americans in roughly 4 months isn't too bad, I wonder what would be considered bad.

Well if a virus that attacks your lungs and causes your blood to clot and that's killed almost 80,000 Americans in roughly 4 months isn't too bad, I wonder what would be considered bad.
Everything is relative. You’re being overly emotional and dramatic. Hyperbole serves no one. “That attacks your lungs and causes your blood to clot” really, man? Well for a high percentage of people it doesn’t cause any symptoms and for ~99.5% it isn’t deadly and if you’re not elderly or sick you prob literally have a 99.9% chance of surviving.

The seroligical studies have shown the death rate is less than 1%. For some reason the media is fixated on the higher numbers. Antibodies will show it is not as serious as originally thought.

But it is a novel virus so we had to be on the safe side.

Reactions: nnfdnole
Everything is relative. You’re being overly emotional and dramatic. Hyperbole serves no one. “That attacks your lungs and causes your blood to clot” really, man? Well for a high percentage of people it doesn’t cause any symptoms and for ~99.5% it isn’t deadly and if you’re not elderly or sick you prob literally have a 99.9% chance of surviving.

And this is the problem. Healthy people become super spreaders. They go around with no symptoms carefree and not giving a shit and literally killing people with underlying health issues. I guess some just really don't have empathy for gradma and grandpop or uncle Fred that's diabetic.

I know it’s not the flu but please realize that the flu deaths majority are counted over a 13 week period and those numbers have ranged from 40k-65k, and just remember that since Feb 27, CDC/Fed guildlines authorized “All FLI (Flu like illness) can be “presumed as Covid deaths” so some of the death toll numbers are inflated. It’s been proven and as long as the symptoms keep changing and list gets longer daily for those “symptoms” Covid deaths will increase. Just look up the State of NY Health Dept numbers, very few numbers for pneumonia, Flu A or B, and this year was suppose to be a massive influenza seasonal outbreak.

And this is the problem. Healthy people become super spreaders. They go around with no symptoms carefree and not giving a shit and literally killing people with underlying health issues. I guess some just really don't have empathy for gradma and grandpop or uncle Fred that's diabetic.
The point is to protect those people and let the low risk healthy people go back to living

We are still seeing 2500 a day die in this country from this virus. We are opening up and expect to see an increase in infection rate. Which means in 2-3 weeks 2500 will be surpassed. But this isnt that bad lol.
Are you back to locking down for 22 months. And then when you come out you will still be in the same place.

I know it’s not the flu but please realize that the flu deaths majority are counted over a 13 week period and those numbers have ranged from 40k-65k, and just remember that since Feb 27, CDC/Fed guildlines authorized “All FLI (Flu like illness) can be “presumed as Covid deaths” so some of the death toll numbers are inflated. It’s been proven and as long as the symptoms keep changing and list gets longer daily for those “symptoms” Covid deaths will increase. Just look up the State of NY Health Dept numbers, very few numbers for pneumonia, Flu A or B, and this year was suppose to be a massive influenza seasonal outbreak.
A man in FL today was eaten by a shark and died of the Wuhan Flu.

Keep the vulnerable truly isolated. Let everyone else go about their business. 6 months in, it has many more people immune, and not able to continue to spread.
Somehow, I am not surprised in the least, that you can't figure it out

A friend of mine retired from the Navy got called to New York to treat covid 19 patients and you should hear her stories from the front lines. People in this thread are the biggest reason the virus is spreading like crazy in this country. You either don't care or just don't understand science or a conspiracy theorist

Keep the vulnerable truly isolated. Let everyone else go about their business. 6 months in, it has many more people immune, and not able to continue to spread.
Somehow, I am not surprised in the least, that you can't figure it out

And drug smokers like you will die from the virus. Keep up the tough guy routine

A friend of mine retired from the Navy got called to New York to treat covid 19 patients and you should hear her stories from the front lines. People in this thread are the biggest reason the virus is spreading like crazy in this country. You either don't care or just don't understand science or a conspiracy theorist
We understand it. I know I do. I watched a man die from it. It nearly killed my brother. The only way to kill this is get 60-70 pc of the people with herd immunity. A vaccine can do that. Or it can occur naturally. Anyone that would like to hide in their basement for the next 2 years waiting for a vaccine should do that. And people that want to carry on with life should do that too.

To quote the article: "these results may indicate the deadly COVID-19 pandemic – with mortality rates generally under 1% – is no more deadly than the seasonal influenza. If that is true, the near-global stay-at-home mandates could have been an overreaction."

Not one of you people was going crazy last year posting about influenza and advocating we all stay home, not one of you - so what the hell are you doing now?

Many people are out there working. That’s how you have power gas and food. Maybe those people should all stop working. Then what are you going to do?

And I'm one of them. I work in Healthcare and I see it daily. You have to not only think of yourself but others who are not as healthy. That's the problem. My mother is 72 years old and it would crush me if I was careless thinking only of myself and got infected with no symptoms and gave it to her and she ended up dying.

Easy big fella, no one is implying they don’t care or aren’t taking this seriously. As far NYC yes thousands contracted it and have sadly passed for the virus. 30% came from nursing homes, 90% of those how passed had comorbidies, 87% were over the age of 60. No one is “conspiracy theorist” more like “realist”. All the media hype, bad models, bad info from China, there’s a lot of self generated fear that should be calmed by the facts and numbers that prove, elderly at high risk along with people who have underlining conditions are the “at risk” population. We all need to take the steps to keep safe but hiding in homes isn’t the answer. Getting back to life, work and do it safely is the goal and we can and will. Don’t sit and wait for the “experts” or “scientist” or “government” to dictate your every move, if we do we aren’t free.

To quote the article: "these results may indicate the deadly COVID-19 pandemic – with mortality rates generally under 1% – is no more deadly than the seasonal influenza. If that is true, the near-global stay-at-home mandates could have been an overreaction."

Not one of you people was going crazy last year posting about influenza and advocating we all stay home, not one of you - so what the hell are you doing now?
I think they are doubling down. The territory they staked out may have been way more expensive than it had to be. They are trying to keep the value of their territory high.

Easy big fella, no one is implying they don’t care or aren’t taking this seriously. As far NYC yes thousands contracted it and have sadly passed for the virus. 30% came from nursing homes, 90% of those how passed had comorbidies, 87% were over the age of 60. No one is “conspiracy theorist” more like “realist”. All the media hype, bad models, bad info from China, there’s a lot of self generated fear that should be calmed by the facts and numbers that prove, elderly at high risk along with people who have underlining conditions are the “at risk” population. We all need to take the steps to keep safe but hiding in homes isn’t the answer. Getting back to life, work and do it safely is the goal and we can and will. Don’t sit and wait for the “experts” or “scientist” or “government” to dictate your every move, if we do we aren’t free.

Seriously what the hell are you even talking about?? Who is making that argument??

And I'm one of them. I work in Healthcare and I see it daily. You have to not only think of yourself but others who are not as healthy. That's the problem. My mother is 72 years old and it would crush me if I was careless thinking only of myself and got infected with no symptoms and gave it to her and she ended up dying.
Sure. You have to protect her. I haven’t been able to kiss my kid in weeks. Now I have the antibodies so I just drop my cloths in a bag at the door and hit the shower. Yes you do have to think about others like your Mom. You also have to let the world turn again. NY has more people positive now from people staying at home as Cuomo reported.

Or, there’s a middle ground where people have some semblance of a life while also not being around huge groups to mitigate risk and limit contact with elderly family members? Seems pretty reasonable. Bc in your doom and gloom model we should all just, what, sit at home for the next year? Big picture guy, I can tell.

I think they are doubling down. The territory they staked out may have been way more expensive than it had to be. They are trying to keep the value of their territory high.

I agree with you, but their denial won't make a difference for more than a few more weeks. It's going to be obvious soon enough that that territory cannot be defended. It's over.

I'm not interested in blame, it was right to be cautious before we knew anything about it - BUT NOW WE KNOW BETTER.

The only conversation should be about the at-risk segments of the population - everyone who cares so much should focus on finding solutions for that small subset of the overall population - people like the earlier poster who talked about his 72-year-old mother (or my mother who is 82). Let's focus our creativity and our many billions of investment in these groups, not this "one size fits all" madness.

The problem is all these people without extreme

So people will just stop coming into contact with their parents and grandparents? No, that's not going to happen. Your strategy is ignorant and deadly. I'm so sorry staying at home is so tough for you. I won't go into detail because i don't want to but I am very closely involved with these patients in a hospital setting, this is not the flu, this is a wildly deadly virus for those at risk. The article does not touch on the ease of transmission of this virus vs. MERS and SARS. A cashier can hand you some change ,you go home and give your mom a hug and she's dead in ten days. That's not hyperbole, that's happening. There's no spin to that. Just sit down and be quiet, this will be over with eventually, hopefully with no one you know succumbing to the disease. Thats the patriotic thing to do.

Reactions: AlpineNole
I agree with you, but that is incredibly short-term thinking.

I'm not interested in blame, it was right to be cautious before we knew anything about it - BUT NOW WE KNOW BETTER.

The only conversation should be about the at-risk segments of the population - everyone who cares so much should focus on finding solutions for that small subset of the overall population - people like the earlier poster who talked about his 72-year-old mother (or my mother who is 82). Let's focus our creativity and our many billions of investment in these groups, not this "one size fits all" madness.
My parents and my in laws, and some dear friends are in that age range. I certainly don't want to see them get it. We should spend our energy protecting them.. if they will let us. The more young healthy people that get this, while protecting the vulnerable, makes the vulnerable safer quicker, without them living in isolation

Reactions: Hogpynn

So people will just stop coming into contact with their parents and grandparents? No, that's not going to happen. Your strategy is ignorant and deadly. I'm so sorry staying at home is so tough for you. I won't go into detail because i don't want to but I am very closely involved with these patients in a hospital setting, this is not the flu, this is a wildly deadly virus for those at risk. The article does not touch on the ease of transmission of this virus vs. MERS and SARS. A cashier can hand you some change ,you go home and give your mom a hug and she's dead in ten days. That's not hyperbole, that's happening. There's no spin to that. Just sit down and be quiet, this will be over with eventually, hopefully with no one you know succumbing to the disease. Thats the patriotic thing to do.
Just sit down and be quiet for how long. That’s the problem. Jacksonville beach opened three weeks ago. It was suppose to be the end of the world. ICU and hospital visits way down. Deaths down. Time to open it up. Locking down is not patriotic or beneficial. That game is over.

More hyperbole. The stay at home at all costs crowd lives for hyperbole. “You could get change and hug your mom and she could be dead in 10 days” this is such an insane argument. Yeah and a depressed person could commit suicide bc they haven’t been able to see their therapist in 2mos. Or a recovering alcoholic could reach for a drink after 2mos of being confined at home. ALL options suck. Some of us just choose to live within a framework that can be mostly safe than to live in fear because there’s “a chance” this or that could happen.

That is a bullshit opinion. Don't pick and choose who should stay at home. If everyone did what you suggest, who is going to feed you? Who is going to supply the goods to the stores. Who is going to keep supplying the services that keep this a civilized society?
All of you scaredy cats like to tell everyone to stay home, and you mean it... Unless they are doing something you deem important. Absolute hypocritical BS

That is a bullshit opinion. Don't pick and choose who should stay at home. If everyone did what you suggest, who is going to feed you? Who is going to supply the goods to the stores. Who is going to keep the devices that keep this a civilized society?
All of you scaredy cats like to tell everyone to stay home, and you mean it... Unless they are doing something you deem important. Absolute hypocritical BS
Agree completely. I love the “are people going to stop coming in contact with their parents and grandparents?” Uhhh, yeah! He’s advocating we all sit at home but yet we can’t just avoid our parents and grandparents? Mother’s Day is on Sunday... guess who I’m not seeing this year? My mom and grandma.

More hyperbole. The stay at home at all costs crowd lives for hyperbole. “You could get change and hug your mom and she could be dead in 10 days” this is such an insane argument. Yeah and a depressed person could commit suicide bc they haven’t been able to see their therapist in 2mos. Or a recovering alcoholic could reach for a drink after 2mos of being confined at home. ALL options suck. Some of us just choose to live within a framework that can be mostly safe than to live in fear because there’s “a chance” this or that could happen.

Our attention should be focused on the at-risk population, not the 90% of us who are not at risk. Let's dedicate our creativity and our spending on the people who might actually die from it. It's a big problem and it needs our attention - but Renegade is right, hyperbole and overreaction doesn't help.

Last edited:
Of course she'd have horror stories, because she's only seeing sick people, not the healthy ones.

Agree completely. I love the “are people going to stop coming in contact with their parents and grandparents?” Uhhh, yeah! He’s advocating we all sit at home but yet we can’t just avoid our parents and grandparents? Mother’s Day is on Sunday... guess who I’m not seeing this year? My mom and grandma.
Just a thought. You could visit them and sit with them outside. Stay 6 feet away .You could even wear a mask.

Reactions: Odel4Pres
Just a thought. You could visit them and sit with them outside. Stay 6 feet away .You could even wear a mask.
That is exactly what we are going to do. The weather will be fantastic.
At her age, she said she doesn't want to pass a chance to have her family together. You never know how many of those opportunities lie ahead, regardless of Covid.

Reactions: Hogpynn
Just sit down and be quiet for how long. That’s the problem. Jacksonville beach opened three weeks ago. It was suppose to be the end of the world. ICU and hospital visits way down. Deaths down. Time to open it up. Locking down is not patriotic or beneficial. That game is over.
Good thing you are not in charge of anything significant

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT