ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Hernandez suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, you can now add him to the list of lives that could have been saved had Gainesville Police Department done its job back in 2007. Four people.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...e-2007-gainesville-shooting-according-sources

It still amazes me how little attention this story got even after Hernandez became a murderer and how the investigation never really was forced to be reopened for an unsolved attempted murder that left a man disabled.

It's a sad tragedy of life. The man had so much potential and so little direction. What all he did was unforgivable but I can't help but wonder if he had real role models and direction as a kid how differently things would have been.

It's a sad tragedy of life. The man had so much potential and so little direction. What all he did was unforgivable but I can't help but wonder if he had real role models and direction as a kid how differently things would have been.
I disagree somewhat. He was a borderline serial killer who was rotten to the core. He killed three people and shot three others, two when he was 17. With that much carnage 2007-2013, I would bet there are others he has killed we don't even know about. You don't do those things because of lack of a role model. He liked shooting people. You do that because you are an evil person. We are not talking about a guy who made a mistake and accidentally shot someone during a robbery.

Interesting opinion and the same opinion from all on M&M this morning. IMO it is not a tragedy; which I view as something that happens to a person or family who did nothing wrong, but at a terrible event occur in their lives. IMO AH was nothing more than a murdering thug who people covered for and made excuses for because he was good at football. Sorry I don't feel anything and view him as a grown man who killed people; all decisions he made and had control over. At least we won't have to foot the bill for his life in prison; although it would not surprise me if someone related to him sues the state since he killed himself while under their supervision.

Do not mistake my words. He's totally an evil person responsible for his actions. My thing is, was he evil from birth? Was he never in control of his evil or did he become evil over time?

What led him down the path of murder over say education and an NFL career? For me I like to solve puzzles and riddles and I've always wondered how people with that kind of potential wind up where they are.

Reactions: twins4bpyle
I disagree somewhat. He was a borderline serial killer who was rotten to the core. He killed three people and shot three others, two when he was 17. With that much carnage 2007-2013, I would bet there are others he has killed we don't even know about. You don't do those things because of lack of a role model. He liked shooting people. You do that because you are an evil person. We are not talking about a guy who made a mistake and accidentally shot someone during a robbery.

Is "rotten to the core" a medical diagnosis?

I think Random_John's point is a good one, but it is nuanced (which isn't the LR's specialty). Something, at some point in time went horribly wrong with Hernandez. And his story ends with multiple dead people and him committing suicide in prison. The whole thing, including Hernandez, is tragic.

Reactions: BelemNole
Do not mistake my words. He's totally an evil person responsible for his actions. My thing is, was he evil from birth? Was he never in control of his evil or did he become evil over time?

What led him down the path of murder over say education and an NFL career? For me I like to solve puzzles and riddles and I've always wondered how people with that kind of potential wind up where they are.

I think you can be born with a lack of empathy. Many are and still do not go around murdering people. At times he solved his issues with people by killing them with no regard in the effect that it would have on their lives or his own. Being that he did not murder everyone he was in contact with, he had some control over his actions in that he picked and chose who he killed.

Was the suicide a coming to realization of what he had done? Possibly but it would also not surprise me if he had crossed others in prison and was in fear of getting taken out and decided to end it before they got to him.

The only tragedy is for those he victimized. Some people don't have a conscience.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Interestingly, you can now add him to the list of lives that could have been saved had Gainesville Police Department done its job back in 2007. Four people.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...e-2007-gainesville-shooting-according-sources

It still amazes me how little attention this story got even after Hernandez became a murderer and how the investigation never really was forced to be reopened for an unsolved attempted murder that left a man disabled.

This is the REAL tragedy. A lot of people have blood on their hands...

This is the REAL tragedy. A lot of people have blood on their hands...

Yep. If Urban and all the Gainesville cronies had actually done something back in 2007, a lot of people would still be alive today. Instead they choose to look the other way and cover up his behavior. It's pretty sickening what went on down there during that time, and that nothing was ever done about it. That program and city are rotten to the core as well and are at least partially complicit in all this.

After sitting in court for a few weeks, watching people come and go freely, seeing his old teammates moving on with their lives, I bet the reality of a life in prison finally set in.

Injury update: Aaron Hernandez (neck) out indefinitely

spittake.jpg

After sitting in court for a few weeks, watching people come and go freely, seeing his old teammates moving on with their lives, I bet the reality of a life in prison finally set in.

Eh, he killed and tried to kill plenty of people without feeling the slightest remorse. Supposedly, the Gators claim he was gay and that he killed the two he was acquitted of to cover it up. Apparently some crime reporter in Boston had dug it up and had leaked it on the radio yesterday and Aaron was apparently distraught it was public. So either he killed himself to cover that up OR he was "suicided" by his own gang, according to some Gator acquaintances.

And honestly I wouldn't put it past the guards either.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Eh, he killed and tried to kill plenty of people without feeling the slightest remorse. Supposedly, the Gators claim he was gay and that he killed the two he was acquitted of to cover it up. Apparently some crime reporter in Boston had dug it up and had leaked it on the radio yesterday and Aaron was apparently distraught it was public. So either he killed himself to cover that up OR he was "suicided" by his own gang, according to some Gator acquaintances.

I'm good with it either way.

That noose must of had a tight end on it.

At least would explain part of his insanity, being gay and at the same time playing football at a high level is not a good combination, in today's world even with all the changes

Last edited:
Is "rotten to the core" a medical diagnosis?

I think Random_John's point is a good one, but it is nuanced (which isn't the LR's specialty). Something, at some point in time went horribly wrong with Hernandez. And his story ends with multiple dead people and him committing suicide in prison. The whole thing, including Hernandez, is tragic.

I think there are some formal names for this actually. Antisocial personality disorder ? Where is UCLA when you need him! I do think there is a subset of people who are mentally ill and no matter how good their upbringing, they become monsters due to lack of empathy and desire for cruelty.

Aaron Hernandez did not suffer from abuse or have this awful upbringing. Many have tried to blame the change in him on the death of his father when he was 16 but I just don't see how that makes someone instantly enjoy hurting and killing people over petty things such as disrespect. Something was broke in him. So I don't view him as a Tragic figure anymore than I would Ted Bundy.

I think there are some formal names for this actually. Antisocial personality disorder ? Where is UCLA when you need him! I do think there is a subset of people who are mentally ill and no matter how good their upbringing, they become monsters due to lack of empathy and desire for cruelty.

Aaron Hernandez did not suffer from abuse or have this awful upbringing. Many have tried to blame the change in him on the death of his father when he was 16 but I just don't see how that makes someone instantly enjoy hurting and killing people over petty things such as disrespect. Something was broke in him. So I don't view him as a Tragic figure anymore than I would Ted Bundy.

I am done with the 16 year old dad death too, he was a deeply troubled conflicted person inside of what many consider the perfect body frame to play what we now know as professional football, NFL style.

It's like two extremes but one probably fed on the other. If it is true and he was gay then playing football did not help, had he been born in a body built to just consume like 99percemt of us then maybe he would of been fine. Who knows, I am glad we do it have to read the endless stories that would of gone on about his trials had he not done this.

Either way, both scenarios suck for all parties involved

Reactions: noleclone2
Wasn't his defense attorney in the double murder trial the same attorney that got that daughter killer Casey Anthony off a couple of years ago? If so, that dude is OJ Simpson GOOOOD at his job!

I wouldn't be surprised if seeing his daughter in court the other day caused this. Reality may have finally hit him. She could either visit him in jail for the rest of his life or he ends it now to not put her through that.

I wouldn't be surprised if seeing his daughter in court the other day caused this. Reality may have finally hit him. She could either visit him in jail for the rest of his life or he ends it now to not put her through that.

I mean, if that's what it takes for a person of his "sickness" to come down to earth... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT