ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

Sickening!

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.a...nd=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

It is simply amazing how we are able to continue to win games with this bad of a bullpen. We often get exposed quickly with better teams and I don't see us advancing the in playoffs if we don't improve here.
11-2 after 6 2/3 with Teheran... and the relievers give up 6 in two innings. The hope is that with Martin coming on board that he will at least throw strikes. Is Minter done? What role will Jackson have?

Reactions: NoleLizards
According to the AJC, Braves relievers have given up 191 walks this season ... tied with Pittsburgh for worst in MLB.

Do you think Snitker left Jackson in last night to make a statement to AA to get busy on getting bullpen help?

1 hour to go before trade deadline.

7P33.gif

If you are planning on watching today's game on replay, pour a strong drink before and make it a double.

If you are planning on watching today's game on replay, pour a strong drink before and make it a double.
Feel sorry for Soroka who pitched a gem. Bullpen gives up three runs in two innings to tie the game. Not sure why Snitker put Jackson in in the ninth ... got yanked after two got on base. Braves SURVIVED the ninth ... and Donaldson’s home run in the tenth was the difference... but only after a Tomlin-anxiety-inducing bottom of the tenth. ... btw, is it necessary for the camera to focus on Tomlin’s chewing wad after every pitch? Revolting ...

Jackson has a whopping 13.50 ERA in seven appearances since the all star break! So who is sent down or waived with the two additions? My guess is Minter and Jackson.

Feel sorry for Soroka who pitched a gem. Bullpen gives up three runs in two innings to tie the game. Not sure why Snitker put Jackson in in the ninth ... got yanked after two got on base. Braves SURVIVED the ninth ... and Donaldson’s home run in the tenth was the difference... but only after a Tomlin-anxiety-inducing bottom of the tenth. ... btw, is it necessary for the camera to focus on Tomlin’s chewing wad after every pitch? Revolting ...

Did not understand Jackson being brought in today, at all.

I thought the same thing on Tomlin.

2 good pick ups on relief and I'm not sure how much help Melancon will give. His stats have dipped a lot the last 3 years.

The Avatar is whimsical in nature. I figure the jokes have a better chance of landing if coming from a funny looking bird. The wife says I have issues and she is most likely correct.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't add any lefty BP help..Anyone else?

[QUOTE="SoddyNole, post: 4460820, member: 17280]

The Avatar is whimsical in nature. I figure the jokes have a better chance of landing if coming from a funny looking bird. The wife says I have issues and she is most likely correct.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Works for me.

The Braves have got to find an answer for Gausman. Now is 3-7 with an ERA of 5.97.

Reactions: SoddyNole
That threesome in the order — Camargo, Flowers, Pitcher — is a momentum killing order.

Wow! Greene has been a major disappointment in his two appearances... seven hits and four runs! One blown save yesterday and a likely loss today. That’s the closer they worked to get?

Kudos to the KC and Cincinnati pitching staffs for taking four of six against Atlanta, at home. Against Cincinnati, Atlanta was 4-35 with runners in scoring position.

Wow! Greene has been a major disappointment in his two appearances... seven hits and four runs! One blown save yesterday and a likely loss today. That’s the closer they worked to get?

Awful start for Greene and here I was hoping to make a run at LA.

Awful start for Greene and here I was hoping to make a run at LA.
Don’t have the pitching to do well against LA. ... Now maybe Greene recovers from this disappointing start ... but I did not see much to suggest he is a dominant closer, despite his low ERA with Detroit. We still have questions with the starting rotation.

Maybe Folty can get his elbow fully healed and his head right to fully trust it. His slider was not what it was post injury.

LOL or cry!

I'm not sure which emotion is appropriate here.
Yesterday was the anniversary of the Indians overcoming a 12-run deficit to win a game back in '01, and MLB network was showing highlights yesterday morning. I was afraid that history might be repeating itself for awhile last night. :confused:

Why would you have camargo as dh instead of Riley? Both have struggled of late but Camargo has been in a terrible 5-46 slump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT