ADVERTISEMENT

Bama

zwbrooks86

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
Tallahassee
560 new Covid cases on campus since classes reopened at Alabama. If everyone would just send regular students home to take remote classes, we'd essentially have a bubble for athletes.

Reactions: BCNoles16
cant help but think about Herbie's rant over the pic that vent viral a couple of weeks ago....This is going to happen on every college campus. Mark my words that 20 days from now we will have the same in Tally. Terrible timing for FSU's first football game if it goes down like that.

I believe FSU was testing all the students on the first day of arriving back on campus. We only had 67 positive test.

560 new Covid cases on campus since classes reopened at Alabama. If everyone would just send regular students home to take remote classes, we'd essentially have a bubble for athletes.
Isn’t Norte Dame basically having decided for across the board online classes after their outbreak building the bubble. It’s one way but just letting it run and responding with damage control towards COVID’s course for students is essentially what is planned. Glad we have medical staffing, support plans, and our own test lab in place at FSU to help the students.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Maybe it’s those positive manufactured test kits that has so many young folks testing positive. ;)

this x infinity. I know multiple friends who were tested, never received the result, and received a call from the testing facility 3 weeks later saying they “tested positive”? But had minimal to no symptoms, and were never sent/show the test results”

As long as we have solid leadership, and procedure is maintained, we should hold our own and be ok. As long as roe meets leather against GaTech, we should be good to go

I wonder how many had the virus when they arrived and were asymptomatic.

Ding....ding.....ding.....

Curious how and why students are being tested if, in fact they aren't symptomatic? Are the dorms and/or Greek orgs promoting or mandating testing? There will be positive test results if you test random healthy kids. And let's not forget all of the false positive results being reported.

I'll also add a recent quote from the CDC: "Available evidence from contact tracing reported by countries suggests that asymptomatically infected individuals are much less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms."

Reactions: Danoles614

this x infinity. I know multiple friends who were tested, never received the result, and received a call from the testing facility 3 weeks later saying they “tested positive”? But had minimal to no symptoms, and were never sent/show the test results”
Look at all the NFL players that had false positives. Heck the governor of Ohio had a false positive. Last I read from the CDC they are no longer recommending those with no symptoms to test even if they’ve been exposed.

I know some who had the exact same experience where I live. I even know of multiple instances where folks tested positive at one testing site but negative at another. Seems to be about the numbers to me... not to neglect the fact that the virus is real.

My daughter sent me pics just huge gatherings no distancing very few masks. We were waiting for the shoe to drop.

Mass gathering of youngins and the mentality of invincibility = op

so about 1.5% of the student body? right in line with the national statistics of ~2% of all COVID infections being in that age demographic.

so about 1.5% of the student body? right in line with the national statistics of ~2% of all COVID infections being in that age demographic.
Kids that age had no reason to get tested before returning to school. And the 560 cases are all new cases since returning to class. Some are students, some are teachers and staff. Those aren't cases that presented positive during screening to get back in. Unless those kids and faculty were quarantined or sent home, that number can grow pretty quickly.

Kids that age had no reason to get tested before returning to school.
they didn't?

i suppose they were all in individual bubbles singing kumbaya. not a chance that any of them were tearing up the local town one last time or returning from vacation etc. right before school began.

they didn't?

i suppose they were all in individual bubbles singing kumbaya. not a chance that any of them were tearing up the local town one last time or returning from vacation etc. right before school began.

This is the kind of uninformed posting that spreads false hoods. To move on campus and return to Auburn or Bama you had to have a negative test within 5-7 days of arriving. If students didn’t take precautions, then it’s on them and we won’t have CFB

This is the kind of uninformed posting that spreads false hoods. To move on campus and return to Auburn or Bama you had to have a negative test within 5-7 days of arriving. If students didn’t take precautions, then it’s on them and we won’t have CFB
nothing false. could have taken a test 7 days out and then been exposed in their last hoorah. and besides, the prior poster said kids that age had no reason to be tested, of course they had a reason, they weren't allowed back on campus without it.

That's a very intriguing question! And what did the President know and when did he know it?
Marcus Welby, M.D.
they weren't allowed on campus without having a negative test. no doubt there are some false positives in those recently reported and false negatives in those who were admitted in addition to those who may have been exposed in the time between a negative test and reporting to campus.

https://uasystem.edu/covid-19-dashboard/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT