ADVERTISEMENT

Best food in ATL airport?

It's an airport. Are you expecting a list of Michelin restaurants?

That said, I always go to PF Chang's for food and/or Sweetwater, for beers.

It's an airport. Are you expecting a list of Michelin restaurants?

That said, I always go to PF Chang's for food and/or Sweetwater, for beers.

One Flew South in the International concourse is absolutely amazing. Best food I've had at any airport and a quality restaurant regardless of location. Great mixed drinks as well.

Reactions: tbdnole_70_08
Oh and Paschals in Concourse B is good for soul food. Its less real restaurant and more food court though. Usually I'll go to One Flew South if I've got an hour or more (even though sit down they're good about asking for your flight time and keeping you on schedule) and go to Paschals if I've got less than an hour but want some food.

Gotta agree with Tribe - One Flew in Terminal E.

Quicker option, there are a few Goldbergs in the airport. Definitely in A. Good deli style eats.

Where is a PF Changs in the airport? There's a place in the international food court that has lots of natural foods. I can't remember it's name but I always ate there over fast food for any long flights.

Boar's Head Deli in Concourse A if I'm in a hurry... can grab a sandwich and eat it on the plane if necessary. They also have several Kiosks around the airport in other concourses.

As other's said, One Flew South in E is really good, even have good sushi. And Brooklyn Brewery beers which are really good.

i think there is a Paschal's in the main concourse before you enter security.

its very good for food court type food, but not worth a trip. southern/soul food type stuff.

another rec for Goldbergs, which is a NYC style deli. Its not NYC quality but its remarkably good for the South.

Take MARTA north to The Varsity.
There is a Varsity in concourse F but I cannot imagine anything worse to eat before getting on a flight...

Buy your way into a sky club. They are significantly more civilized than ever before. Free 420 will offset the $29 entrance fee.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Delta SkyClubs food options tend to be terrible. The Club in Concourse F is decent.
Not a lot of domestic lounges can compare with Centurion Lounge food options, sadly ATL has none.

Recently Priority Pass started partnering with select restaurants at select airports, giving you $28 to spend (+ $28 additional for a guest), which is great for walking in, ordering a glass of their most expensive pour, leaving at tip, and heading out.

Delta SkyClubs food options tend to be terrible. The Club in Concourse F is decent.
Not a lot of domestic lounges can compare with Centurion Lounge food options, sadly ATL has none.

Recently Priority Pass started partnering with select restaurants at select airports, giving you $28 to spend (+ $28 additional for a guest), which is great for walking in, ordering a glass of their most expensive pour, leaving at tip, and heading out.

The new SkyClub in B is good. Agree on food. I don't mind grabbing breakfast there since they've started to serve Goldberg's bagels at ATL.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I only had a few minutes before my flight on my last trip to ATL, so I grabbed a salad at Atlanta Bread Co. That was the saddest little salad ever. And it didn't even come with a piece of farging bread!

I don't travel as much, not going to make Silver this year, but I never understood SkyClub for Atlanta residents. If I was always connecting through Atlanta, then sure as layovers and delayed/canceled flights you can reap the benefits, but I leave my office usually 30 minutes before boarding starts, and walk straight to the gate and onto the plane. Never understood hanging out at the airport. I might be missing something.

Anyway, best for me? The local spots, Grindhouse, Lotta Frutta, Ecco, and I've heard good things about Chicken + Beer, but never ventured that way..

I don't travel as much, not going to make Silver this year, but I never understood SkyClub for Atlanta residents. If I was always connecting through Atlanta, then sure as layovers and delayed/canceled flights you can reap the benefits, but I leave my office usually 30 minutes before boarding starts, and walk straight to the gate and onto the plane. Never understood hanging out at the airport. I might be missing something.

Anyway, best for me? The local spots, Grindhouse, Lotta Frutta, Ecco, and I've heard good things about Chicken + Beer, but never ventured that way..

That’s how I do it. Clear —> TSA —> board.

I just go to the club in international and slam jackncokes and eat finger foods and snacks.

The PP Club in Atl has a nice view and interior, but the food is ok. Soups, salads and finger foods. The game-changers are the chocolate coffee trail mix and those jelly belly jelly beans. Im not much of a sweets person, but ill get a beer at the bar and eat a whole bowl of those damn things without even thinking.

For some reason I'm still a sucker for food court grade chinese food, like manchu wok or panda express, when I travel.

Why not add a little digestive tract discomfort to an already mediocre experience.

As for SkyClub, I zip in there, scarf down some soup/salad material, take a few cookies for the road and get the heck out.

This. I almost always have direct flights, and spend as little time in the airport as possible.

I am too. And not just when I travel. I know Panda Express is horrible, but I can't say no.
Thats Chinese take out in general. Once the thought of it enters your mind it turns into a crave. Tastes delicious but immediately afterwards you regret your decision, until next month.

I went to Gordon Biersch when I had a 3 hour layover coming home from Notre Dame. The beer was meh. The service worse than that.

That’s my thoughts. I’ve been to two locations which is enough to know not to bother with a third.

I’m also not a fan of the Hofbrauhaus locations even though that’s true German food and beer. The beer and food is MUCH better at Mr Dunderbak’s.

One Flew South in the International concourse is absolutely amazing. Best food I've had at any airport and a quality restaurant regardless of location. Great mixed drinks as well.

If you're ever in the Southwest terminal of Orlando check out Cask and Lauder. It's a sister restaurant to The Ravenous Pig. I'm confident it would be in contention for best airport food and drinks.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
If you're ever in the Southwest terminal of Orlando check out Cask and Lauder. It's a sister restaurant to The Ravenous Pig. I'm confident it would be in contention for best airport food and drinks.

I seldom fly out of Otown as it’s about as quick to drive there as to wait through security and get a rental car, but I do go through about once a year or so to save money on international or long distance flights (using Tally leaves you stuck with basically Delta and USAir). I’ll definitely be on the lookout and will give it a try. I did like Ravenous Pig quite a bit when I went to the original.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT