ADVERTISEMENT

Blistering Cold this Weekend in Tallahassee (and Much of Florida)

I hear ya. Hubby and I are working on a plan, one of which may be to go the river and bring him home with us for the weekend. He's the sweetest dog and literally lives with us when we're there. Wonder what the penalty is for dognapping these days?
Not as bad as animal abuse.

Reactions: goldmom
DFW is miserable when it decides to go all winter on you. Supposed to get some snow there in a couple of days, I think.
But then it'll be 75 two days later. Sort of like the Florida panhandle.
Riveting forecast. :)

Me either, but I'll figure it out and see if I can make it happen. Dog talk without pics is brutal. 😁

Reactions: EvilTwin
I'm hearing and seeing "teens" this weekend in 850. Post your most extreme stories here. Someone always has a doozie. :)
We went to the Rose Bowl for the National Championship game. It was brutally cold (and windy) where we lived in Georgia, while we were gone. When we drove up to the house, after an all night flying ordeal, I saw the door on the second floor balcony, wide open. Apparently it had not been shut securely and blown open a couple of days before our return. The arctic wind had overcome the heater blowing full blast, and froze the water pipes in the second floor. The water had been running unchecked through the whole house for 2 days. I enjoyed the game, but it cost over $200,000 and 4 months to get my house back in liveable condition.

I've never been able to figure out how to post pics on here. I've tried in the Technical Board. Nada. Anyway, he's about 70 pounds of Heinz 57, but handsome as can be. Super well behaved and good natured.

Start in Sopchoppy, follow the Ochlockonee River until you get close to the 319 bridge . . .
Sidebar… in case you’d like help with the posting pics thing… it is kind of a pain on here, but the easiest way I’ve found is to go to imgur (app on phone or imgur.com on laptop), set up free account, somehow remember your password along with your 2,538 other passwords for when imgur fails to remember you, upload whatever image you want to post, click on the share or link option (the imgur interface is pretty different on phone vs web), copy the direct link to your image (http…) and then paste that directly into the body of your WC post.
Maybe someone else has an easier method but that’s the most reliable way with fewest steps that I’ve found.
Good luck!
And thanks for the dog-warming.

Sidebar… in case you’d like help with the posting pics thing… it is kind of a pain on here, but the easiest way I’ve found is to go to imgur (app on phone or imgur.com on laptop), set up free account, somehow remember your password along with your 2,538 other passwords for when imgur fails to remember you, upload whatever image you want to post, click on the share or link option (the imgur interface is pretty different on phone vs web), copy the direct link to your image (http…) and then paste that directly into the body of your WC post.
Maybe someone else has an easier method but that’s the most reliable way with fewest steps that I’ve found.
Good luck!
And thanks for the dog-warming.
I've tried that, but I'm willing to give it another try!

Reactions: NoleSince1961
I'm also a no animals in the house kind of guy....has anyone ever had the experience of setting dogs up with heat lamps or beds or dog houses etc for cold nights and they ignore them and sleep outside on the ground anyway??!! This has happened to me with multiple dogs lol. It's like they refuse my help.

Current dog situation is much better, I have a climate controlled shop that I put my Australian shepherd in when it's really cold. I do however keep the temp barely above 60 in there, rather than putting him in a warmer area...It seems like he's got to be more comfortable with that thick winter coat.

Reactions: Pimpanolie
Supposed to be 23 in the 850 on Saturday night. My extreme story is that we have a neighbor at the river who doesn't allow their dog in the house, even in the cold. We've adopted him while we're there on weekends, but we may not be there this weekend. I'm trying to figure out what I can do about taking care of the pup. :confused:
I can be there in a couple of hours!

giphy.gif

From the National Hurricane Center….Lauderdale by the Sea/Pompano Beach for late tomorrow/early Sunday morning….we’re definitely under Iguana Freeze warning..coldest temps here since 2010.

Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 35. Wind chill values as low as 28. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT