ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

What a crazy ride this season was. From not being able to get over .500, devastating injuries, bullpen being worst in the league to a strength.

Hard to believe a world series team had the following guys in the regular season see playing time; Jeff Mathis, Kevan Smith, Ervin Santana, Abraham Almonte, Ender Inciarte, Pablo Sandoval, Jacob Webb, Sean Newcomb.

Credit to Snit and AA for keeping the team together.

Post season had its big moments, this was a fun team to watch. A lot of likable guys on the field and coaching staff.

Now sign Freddie!

In physical stature, does Soler remind any of Giancarlo Stanton? When the Braves first acquired Soler from KC, with a ba below .200, I was not impressed. And many of his early games seemed to confirm that this was not much of a useful acquisition. But he improved as the season went along ... and that man has some serious power at the plate ... his home run last night was a moon shot!

It sounds corny I know, but give yourselves a pat on the back. This thread provides an awesome journal of the ups and downs of this amazing season.
Second that...listen, you guys stuck it out through thick and thin. Thanks for the insight over the past few weeks especially. Those of us that recall the '95 series (and really the banner run from 1991 on), can now applaud this group as one who demonstrated true baseball grit and, dadgummit, made Baseball fun to watch again. And I think that there were as many Braves fans in Houston last night as there were at the first Braves game I went to see in 1989 at FCS. Had just moved to south Georgia from L.A. and actually went to catch a game vs. the dreaded Dodgers - it was TBS magic come to life for me. Stands were near empty, but the beer was cheap. :cool: You guys rock and thanks again for pumping up the Braves...now I can go to sleep until the PGA tour picks back up in January...

Second that...listen, you guys stuck it out through thick and thin. Thanks for the insight over the past few weeks especially. Those of us that recall the '95 series (and really the banner run from 1991 on), can now applaud this group as one who demonstrated true baseball grit and, dadgummit, made Baseball fun to watch again. And I think that there were as many Braves fans in Houston last night as there were at the first Braves game I went to see in 1989 at FCS. Had just moved to south Georgia from L.A. and actually went to catch a game vs. the dreaded Dodgers - it was TBS magic come to life for me. Stands were near empty, but the beer was cheap. :cool: You guys rock and thanks again for pumping up the Braves...now I can go to sleep until the PGA tour picks back up in January...
The blue seats of FCS! I think my first trip there was 1974 or 75.

Reactions: Nolerball
In physical stature, does Soler remind any of Giancarlo Stanton? When the Braves first acquired Soler from KC, with a ba below .200, I was not impressed. And many of his early games seemed to confirm that this was not much of a useful acquisition. But he improved as the season went along ... and that man has some serious power at the plate ... his home run last night was a moon shot!
He reminds me of Pedro Cerrano! :D

What a crazy ride this season was. From not being able to get over .500, devastating injuries, bullpen being worst in the league to a strength.

Hard to believe a world series team had the following guys in the regular season see playing time; Jeff Mathis, Kevan Smith, Ervin Santana, Abraham Almonte, Ender Inciarte, Pablo Sandoval, Jacob Webb, Sean Newcomb.

Credit to Snit and AA for keeping the team together.

Post season had its big moments, this was a fun team to watch. A lot of likable guys on the field and coaching staff.

Now sign Freddie!
Remember the bullpen was a complete mess and the achilles heel of the team. We were ready to pay for a bus ticket for Kranitz to leave town. And instead of Independence Day Will Smith we were getting Wild Wild West Will Smith. This was a mad-scientist-working-in-his-laboratory-esque transformation worthy of a made for tv SyFy movie.

Just curious … is Tomlin still with the Braves?
Was just watching Freddie Freeman being interviewed on Intentional Talk, and he said Tomlin serves his (Freeman's) son ice cream from the machine installed in the clubhouse. The interview was from before game 2.

Yankees showing interest in Freeman. Please don’t make a deal with the devil Freddie! Call Brian McCann!
Freddie deserves to get paid. With that said, he should not go anywhere unless the Braves really screw him over. I understand that we do not live in a perfect world but Freddie loves Atlanta as much as the fans love him. He is an icon and a legend on the level of Chipper Jones. I just have a feeling that his career may decline if he goes elsewhere. He is the heart and soul of this team.

The Yankees will just look at him as another big paycheck player in an organization that has not won but one world series (2009) since 2000. I really hope the Braves are smart and keep him. I also understand that they have to try and keep other players as well. Just a crappy situation overall.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Freddie deserves to get paid. With that said, he should not go anywhere unless the Braves really screw him over. I understand that we do not live in a perfect world but Freddie loves Atlanta as much as the fans love him. He is an icon and a legend on the level of Chipper Jones. I just have a feeling that his career may decline if he goes elsewhere. He is the heart and soul of this team.

The Yankees will just look at him as another big paycheck player in an organization that has not won but one world series (2009) since 2000. I really hope the Braves are smart and keep him. I also understand that they have to try and keep other players as well. Just a crappy situation overall.
Freddie is worth whatever the Yankees offer him plus a dollar from the Braves lol. He is the Captain of this team and should be treated as such. He should be our new Chipper and never wear another uniform but a Braves uniform.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Chipper may have had some personal issues in his life but he always approached the game the right way. Chipper and McCann would call out anybody whether it was their own team or the other team.

Reactions: seminoleed
Some Braves news tidbits:

Snit under contract for 3 more years.
Duvall coming back.
Swanson got engaged to USWNT player Mallory Pugh.

And all the fake PC rage to stop the chop suddenly stopped right after the Braves won the title in Game 6! I'm shocked!

Some Braves news tidbits:

Snit under contract for 3 more years.
Duvall coming back.
Swanson got engaged to USWNT player Mallory Pugh.

And all the fake PC rage to stop the chop suddenly stopped right after the Braves won the title in Game 6! I'm shocked!
Don't worry, it'll be back once the new season starts and the Braves continue their winning ways.

Nothing to do but shut em up two years in a row then!
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT