ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

Houston just isn't good matchup for Fried, unfortunately...If/when he faces them again, he will just have to cross that bridge when he comes to it and adjust accordingly to have success. (Would help tremendously if the Braves defense plays up to expectations.)

As alluded to in the previous post, at least Max did manage to eat up 5 innings...which should bode well for the pen going into the weekend. If Atlanta can get game 3, both teams will be in the same boat pitching-wise heading into Saturday.

GO BRAVES!!
Fried has had a couple of rough outings … starting pitching for the remainder of the series looks quite shaky.

Now here come all the idiots with their "Stop the Chop" articles. :rolleyes:
Haven't heard chit from any of these fools all season, but wait, the Braves are in the World Series so now they will write about it for some attention to look all PC and some holier than thou bullchit.

Reactions: Nolerball
Haven't heard chit from any of these fools all season, but wait, the Braves are in the World Series so now they will write about it for some attention to look all PC and some holier than thou bullchit.
The chop is only offensive when the Braves are good

Not only did they post this article when the Braves got into the World Series, they waited until they hosted a game. They will post articles about this when FSU rises again as well.
These people just need to go pound sand. The timing just proves that these people do not really care. Virtue signalling at its finest.

That's SWEET how they're playing Jethro Tull when Anderson comes off the mound!
I have not been able to watch. Why did they pull Anderson after 5 innings with only 76 pitches and a no hitter? I thought our bullpen needs as much rest as possible right now. The only reason I can think of is offense. I just find it difficult to comprehend pulling a pitcher throwing a no-hitter.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
I have not been able to watch. Why did they pull Anderson after 5 innings with only 76 pitches and a no hitter? I thought our bullpen needs as much rest as possible right now. The only reason I can think of is offense. I just find it difficult to comprehend pulling a pitcher throwing a no-hitter.
They pulled him before he went through the Astros a third time. I'm 100% ok with it, only because we got to the eighth with no damage.

They pulled him before he went through the Astros a third time. I'm 100% ok with it, only because we got to the eighth with no damage.
Good point. I am not a baseball expert but I hate it for Anderson. I know he is a team guy and is ok with it though. We may need more than 1 run to win this (or maybe for the sake of my heart).

Who remembers that FSU football "Lights Out" meme? That's essentially what the Braves pitching staff did to the astros last night! That game became a WS Classic! What a boost to their confidence now, they needed that.

Who remembers that FSU football "Lights Out" meme? That's essentially what the Braves pitching staff did to the astros last night! That game became a WS Classic! What a boost to their confidence now, they needed that.
The 1995 Braves called...They want their pitching back. 😁

Braves with win number 3!!!!! Need one more to win it all! My man Kyle Wright came through!! 3 chances. Let's not take any chances. Win it all tomorrow!! Go braves!!

Needed this win after today's loss to Clumpson. Thank you Braves!
We can still go to bed with a smile on our face. Judging by what we have witnessed the past several years at least our boys didn’t roll over and play opossum. We witnessed a lot of growth and a team that doesn’t quit. I can’t ask for more than that. That was a legit defense with NFL talent galore and we scored on it more than UGA did. Add playing against the refs as well and you get what happened. I’m proud of our boys.

Reactions: uwfengineer
Questions to the experts. Who do the Braves start at pitching tomorrow? Is it another bullpen game (which they have said might be the case due to Morton's injury)? Do we start Tucker Davidson? Do we pitch Fried on somewhat short rest? It will be interesting to see. Two bullpen games in a row will be tough.

That's SWEET how they're playing Jethro Tull when Anderson comes off the mound!
To Houston, with love...

Really don't mind if you make the last out;
My curves but a whisper, your whiffing a SHOUT;
I may make you feel but I can't make you think;
Your bats are in the gutter, your series on the brink.
So you ride yourselves over the field and
You make all your free agent deals and
Your wise men can't read signs that they steal,
To be thick as a brick.

(okay, so its late...but its still 3 games to 1...hahahahahahahaha...):cool:

Questions to the experts. Who do the Braves start at pitching tomorrow? Is it another bullpen game (which they have said might be the case due to Morton's injury)? Do we start Tucker Davidson? Do we pitch Fried on somewhat short rest? It will be interesting to see. Two bullpen games in a row will be tough.
Definitely not an expert, but I would lean towards Fried tonight. Snit mentioned that it's much easier to manage a bullpen game when you have the luxury of the DH. Plus, I believe he wants to end it tonight.

A great performance by the Braves last night. The relievers did their jobs and the home runs were timely. I was just thinking that Swanson was due for a big hit when he knocked it out. And then Soler wasn’t to be outdone!

Braves, let’s finish the job tonight!

Anyone else watching these games through splayed fingers??
My superstitions are at a high that hasn’t been matched since 2013 😂 We came back last night after I was able to watch it on my phone. You’re welcome Braves Country! Not sure what medicine Snit is concocting with the starter tonight, but I hope it works. Smyly as back up???

Anyone else watching these games through splayed fingers??
I was getting so peeved at the plate umpire for giving the Astros the outside corners (and then some) and not calling strikes inside the box when the Braves were pitching. I changed the channel for a couple of innings and checked back in from time to time. I tuned back in just after Swanson homered and then watched Soler do his thing too through the end of the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT