ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

Tucker Davidson gets the start tonight. Hopefully he is Bryse Wilson 2.0 (vs Dodgers in the NLCS last year).
249459505_10158881403657831_6807944396103402115_n.jpg

I'm looking for Ozzie to have a big night tonight. He's due for a long ball or two.

I remember the disaster of that Cards playoff game when the first inning ended with the Braves down 11-0, or something like that. Here's hoping we do that to Houston tonight.

Should have hit for Davidson last inning. Hope Chavez can work his magic.

Leaving Minter in was another blunder. Should have pulled him when Maldonado came up, told my wife as much at the time.

We're ok. I never expected to win all three in Atlanta. Fried and Anderson lined up. I like where we are.

Reactions: Nolerball
Leaving Smyly in shows that we are conceding and saving arms for the last two games. Game is still not over but it feels like it is. We still have two more games left to win one. Goodnight my fellow Braves fans. Let's Go Braves!!

Reactions: WRWnole85
Managerial malpractice tonight, but a rested bullpen with Fried and Anderson headed to Houston. Still like our chances.

Reactions: Nolerball
Managerial malpractice tonight, but a rested bullpen with Fried and Anderson headed to Houston. Still like our chances.
Snit had it set up right being last night was supposed to be Morton’s night to end it all. All the pressure is still on Houston having to win 3 in a row when all we need is one win. Hopefully Houston gets to watch us celebrate on their field and make the mess in the visitor’s locker room😂

I was at the game last night - I accept full responsibility for the loss ... a cold night ... good crowd, ready to celebrate ... getting to the stadium was akin to running a gauntlet ... the Battery was jam-packed with thousands of people ... all anticipating a WS championship night. The stadium exploded with Duvall's grand slam; the first inning had the makings of a big night. AJ Minter had a tough outing - so much of the damage done with two-strike counts. When Smyly came in I was not expecting much ... I was not disappointed.

Someone mentioned that it appeared Snitker had conceded the game when Smyly came in, and stayed in ... I agree. There was no bullpen activity after that. Likely a smart move by Snitker -- but very disappointing to those in attendance -- saving his best arms for the next two games.

Well, I can cross a WS game off my bucket list. It would have been nice to celebrate a Series Championship. (In talking to a few folks, they told me they paid upwards of $1000 for SRO!) With the high expectations of an excited crowd we had to stand pretty much throughout the whole game ... All in all, its hard to beat the watching experience at home, especially after a loss.

That home plate Ump was all over the place with what he considered the strike zone. I don't think he could've located it with two hands, a magnifying glass, and a service labrador. Pitchers for both sides were perplexed, but it played to the astros hand because they were being very selective with their swings and it paid off. The braves were overly aggressive last night when they didn't need to be. Oh well, on to Houston for one more win! Go Braves!

I actually thought last night's plate umpire was spot on for the first several innings. The only bad ones were high pitches against the Astros. It changed a bit late in the game.

Leaving Smyly in shows that we are conceding and saving arms for the last two games. Game is still not over but it feels like it is. We still have two more games left to win one. Goodnight my fellow Braves fans. Let's Go Braves!!
Agree with this. Felt the same to me. The Astros responded well to the grand slam and it felt like the Braves really lost their mojo after the Astros had the three run 5th. I think Fried is gonna pitch a gem tonight and we clinch.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgking83
Agree with this. Felt the same to me. The Astros responded well to the grand slam and it felt like they really lost their mojo after they had the three run 5th. I think Fried is gonna pitch a gem tonight and we clinch.
The Braves can get to the rookie Garcia again. They have to make him pitch it in the zone and not start every at-bat with an 0-2 count. Plate discipline!

Reactions: NoleLizards
The Braves can get to the rookie Garcia again. They have to make him pitch it in the zone and not start every at-bat with an 0-2 count. Plate discipline!
Very true. Garcia is pitching on 3 days rest after throwing 74 pitches in game 3. Buehler was in a similar situation in game 6 for the Dodgers this year. Earily similar situation. Hopefully, history repeats itself.

Man it just feels unreal after all these years and heartache. I didn’t think I would live to ever see another one. A bunch of home offices are studying our GM on how he pulled that one off. Hopefully Freeman gets another 10 years. I couldn’t picture him in any other uniform🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I would have to go back to the Miracle on Ice to find a team who matched what the Braves did this season. Never has a team so greatly exceeded expectations. Each month yielded new and bigger obstacles to overcome and all assurances given by Snitker were so easy to dismiss with cynicism. One can not help from being speechless looking back at this roller coaster season but it sure was one hell of a ride.

We will carry the moniker in 2022 and beyond of a team who simply refused to give up. An organization and city who refused to be told who they are and what they are about. Yes, we won the whole damn thing! You took the exhibition game out of the city and the Braves brought your championship trophy home.

Chew on that for a while, MLB!

I would have to go back to the Miracle on Ice to find a team who matched what the Braves did this season. Never has a team so greatly exceeded expectations. Each month yielded new and bigger obstacles to overcome and all assurances given by Snitker were so easy to dismiss with cynicism. One can not help from being speechless looking back at this roller coaster season but it sure was one hell of a ride.

We will carry the moniker in 2022 and beyond of a team who simply refused to give up. An organization and city who refused to be told who they are and what they are about. Yes, we won the whole damn thing! You took the exhibition game out of the city and the Braves brought your championship trophy home.

Chew on that for a while, MLB!
“How do you like me now?” song playing in the background to this😂

Man it just feels unreal after all these years and heartache. I didn’t think I would live to ever see another one. A bunch of home offices are studying our GM on how he pulled that one off. Hopefully Freeman gets another 10 years. I couldn’t picture him in any other uniform🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Re-signing Freddie should be their top priority.

How sweet it is! What a bizarre year … from asking what’s wrong with this team, to wondering if the Braves could even make a wildcard playoff, to winning an MLB East championsip from a weak division, to thinking if the Braves are fortunate enough to beat the Brewers they would likely be crushed by the Dodgers, to winning the World Series!

Last edited:
They proved that baseball truly is a team sport. When you consider the players they lost (Soroka, Acuna, Ozuna, D'Arnaud for much of the year, Morton at the end, etc.) and someone else was always stepping up. The four OFs contributed greatly but look at the years put up by Albies, Riley, Freeman and Swanson! Fried and Anderson and the dozens of other pitchers Snitker was forced to throw out there. The bullpen struggled mightily during the season but were lights out in the World Series.

This is definitely one to savor. Maybe keep a couple of those outfielders - Acuna will be back, I hope Ozuna is gone and Pache isn't the guy. The NL might adopt the DH so the Braves could keep Rosario, Duvall and Soler. Pederson is an okay fall back plan, certainly a popular player.

I just hope the Braves will re-sign Freeman before the Dodgers make a run at him. He's from Cali, his family lives there most of the year, and LA needs an everyday 1B.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT