ADVERTISEMENT

Cop Pulls Gun at a Kids Pool Party

I dont understand why people jump to it being a race issue. It sounds more like an elitist issue with the section 8 comment. I still cant figure out why people dont listen to cops. There are good and bad cops so why would you want to escalate an issue with a potential bad cop. Let him arrest you then fight it through the legal system. It seems like some people want to be involved in a cop/race issue. These kids especially with how many post videos have been posted.

Google dimepieceevent and McKinney,Texas

It does not excuse the officer, but do a little work and find out the whole story.
If you still have the same take, fine. Know the full history of this event.

Interesting story, for sure. According to the article, some punk kids basically hijacked the private swimming pool/club house to hold a for-profit "dance party." As people complained, the kids became increasingly confrontational. The article includes a frame-by-frame breakdown of how the cop might have perceived a guy to be reaching for his (the cop's) gun while the cop was wrestling with the young female.

If you give a cop half-a-reason to pull or use his gun, he will almost always pull or use it. Whether the pulling or use is right or wrong is a second question. But if you act like an idiot, don't expect the cop to err on the side of passivity.

This place continues to amaze, there has yet to be anything that a cop can do that the usual suspects won't defend. Maybe it isn't barely covert racism but rather a bunch of cop fanboys, but dang is it annoying. Like do some of you have cop fat heads on your wall or beat off to the show COPS?

Why do we assume the girl is being rude and unruly to the cop? Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that she knew she was WELL within her rights to be on a PUBLIC sidewalk, and that she had absolutely no obligation to heed the cop's demands?

And I wonder how all these 'just do what cops tell you' people feel about other perceived government intrusions? Something tells me they wouldn't be as open to those. And do you all just completely ignore the consistent, daily reports of cops and other LEO being arrested for various, often times violent, crimes?

I just don't get the pedestal that some of you put cops on, you all know they're not some unique species right? They come from the exact same gene pool that they're policing. They're just as likely to commit a crime as a civilian; if not a little more likely to being as they have power to abuse that most civilians don't, knowledge of the law, and know their word will always be given the benefit of the doubt.

Everyone should be suspicious of a cop, black, white or purple, it's their job to earn our trust in any given situation (at least until they clean up their own ranks), we have no explicit duty to automatically surrender our free will just because the cops showed up.

You don't have the right to assemble on private property uninvited.
True. But the main act in question happened on a sidewalk.

She was on a public sidewalk along a public street. I doubt that the cop had any idea who she was or where she lived, yet was telling her to get the f out of here. For all he knew, she may have been standing in front of her own home.

The cop was out of control but it sounds like a lot of the kids didn't belong there and some where causing trouble. I get why the cops were called and they should have been. I just don't get how it is so hard to get kids to leave the premises with all the cops there and why some of the kids don't listen and follow instructions.
Lack of parenting. Absent parents and ever present media has tought the entire country to disrespect cops

Lack of parenting. Absent parents and ever present media has tought the entire country to disrespect cops

Maybe and perhaps quotas, numbers, local politicians who are running for or trying to maintain office asking for pseudo cleaned up stats are another reason.

And I wonder how all these 'just do what cops tell you' people feel about other perceived government intrusions?

There is an appropriate and smart time to fight. If you are at an event that turns out to be a dispute on whether your invite was valid or not and you showed up to is not the time to resist or not follow a police officers instructions. This is not a case of them busting into your house illegally where you may have the capability/firepower of resisting the unlawful intrusion.

The point is in this situation: whether you are in the right or the wrong, you follow the police officers instructions. You are less likely to get slammed to the ground like that or in a worst case scenario shot and killed. If you are dead it won't matter whether you did no wrong, as you would be dead for something as stupid as not complying with their commands.

This is not saying the Police Officer's actions were appropriate or justified. It is saying there was a way to prevent it from happening. Call it self preservation if you will. There is a video of that officer talking to two other boys who also were of the same race as the girl that got slammed that did what he told them to do at that point and guess what? They didn't get slammed to the ground. They got a verbal lashing. But since they possibly did no wrong should they have stood up and said I don't have to listen to you; I did no wrong; I am leaving and get up and try to leave?

And as far as whether the person was legally and lawfully there, I don't think anyone knows for sure, as there are conflicting reports from the media and slanted to complete opposite sides.

Reactions: TexSkills

There is a screenshot of the invitation originally sent out through social media. In today's world with kids, that is an engraved invitation.

They didn't get a verbal lashing, they got cussed out, and weren't ever charged with anything. And why did they get cussed out? Because they 'made him run with all his gear on in this hot sun' or some other BS.

This is simply mind-blowing that in today's world, people think we should just obey cops irregardless of whether we did anything wrong or not.

Whether she was legally and lawfully on A PUBLIC SIDEWALK, really isn't debatable.

Oh, and the vast majority of the excessive force used on this girl, was done so after she complied and got on the ground. Was it really necessary for him to kneel WITH BOTH FREAKING KNEES on her back while she was face down on the ground? There's one point where he yells at her to "GET YOUR ASS ON THE GROUND!" while she's is literally on the ground already.

So yes, if they were doing nothing wrong, that is EXACTLY what they should have done, get up and leave. Giving in to someone's abuse of power as a means to assuage it, is not viable or sustainable.

Also keep in mind while you defend this guy because that's exactly what you're doing, yet freaking again, the officer's own police chief has called his actions "indefensible."

I'm just hear to lighten the mood. The chick who threw the party is 20 years old and cleans up well.... Just a disclaimer

Bikini_Mckinney.jpg

Bikini_Mckinney1.jpg

This is funny....how on Gods green earth can anyone think this dude was in reason.

Have any of you been to a party that was busted up? Did a cop run around acting like that? And at the parties I was at that were busted up...it was past midnight, there was drinking, pot smoking, and maybe even a couple fights that broke out (yes I know there was a fight there, you don't have to post...I'm talking fights with grown men and lots of them). This was literally in the middle of the day and a bunch of middle schoolers. There were no kids drinking or pot smoking or rioting. LOL, I mean really....the guy was out of control. Even his technique was awful getting the first kid down. Grabbing by the wrist and twirling around....AWFUL form! He could have ripped his arm out of socket.

Just so happens this guy was the littlest cop out there...at least that I saw (and what was up with the white socks)

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm just hear to lighten the mood. The chick who threw the party is 20 years old and cleans up well.... Just a disclaimer

Bikini_Mckinney.jpg

Bikini_Mckinney1.jpg

Damn....those are some biguns......she claimed to be 15 in the interview I watched. of her. Wonder which age is accurate. The chest area leans to 20 for sure.

Damn....those are some biguns......she claimed to be 15 in the interview I watched. of her. Wonder which age is accurate. The chest area leans to 20 for sure.

That's the girl who hosted the party, IIRC she lives in the neighborhood. That's not the girl who was slammed to the ground.

She claimed to be 15? They say born in 1995 on that one website. Now a bigger question is why was this older chick hanging out and throwing a party for high schoolers.

That's the girl who hosted the party, IIRC she lives in the neighborhood. That's not the girl who was slammed to the ground.

I understand that...there is another video of that girl being interviewed after the incident. I'm pretty confident in that interview she claimed to be 15.

I understand that...there is another video of that girl being interviewed after the incident. I'm pretty confident in that interview she claimed to be 15.
Did we just uncover a bigger issue LOL.

They didn't get a verbal lashing, they got cussed out, and weren't ever charged with anything. And why did they get cussed out? Because they 'made him run with all his gear on in this hot sun' or some other BS.

This is simply mind-blowing that in today's world, people think we should just obey cops irregardless of whether we did anything wrong or not.

Whether she was legally and lawfully on A PUBLIC SIDEWALK, really isn't debatable.

Oh, and the vast majority of the excessive force used on this girl, was done so after she complied and got on the ground. Was it really necessary for him to kneel WITH BOTH FREAKING KNEES on her back while she was face down on the ground? There's one point where he yells at her to "GET YOUR ASS ON THE GROUND!" while she's is literally on the ground already.

So yes, if they were doing nothing wrong, that is EXACTLY what they should have done, get up and leave. Giving in to someone's abuse of power as a means to assuage it, is not viable or sustainable.

Also keep in mind while you defend this guy because that's exactly what you're doing, yet freaking again, the officer's own police chief has called his actions "indefensible."

So all sidewalks are public? Even if it is within a private gated community? And someone invited you that was not authorized to do so? Then residents of the community asked you to leave and you did not? So really private gated communities are optional as long as you stay on a road or sidewalk?

The other stuff you are so close minded with a view that conflicts with your own that you don't understand someone that has a different opinion is not necessarily defending the police officer's actions. There is more than just 2 opinions and takes on the matter. It is saying sometimes by your own actions whether you think you should have to or not can change someone else's actions and reactions., thus changing the result.

But please go one fighting the power and teach your kids if you have any to do the same. Hopefully, they won't run into a hot headed police officer and cause the situation to escalate to them being killed.

And you please go on blindly submitting yourself to those with authority, and teach your children if you have any to do so, hopefully they don't run into one of the plethora of felonious cops that will use your willful submission against you in some way.

So all sidewalks are public? Even if it is within a private gated community? And someone invited you that was not authorized to do so? Then residents of the community asked you to leave and you did not? So really private gated communities are optional as long as you stay on a road or sidewalk?

I think - several authorized residents of the community invited people (threw a party) to the community pool. Like a bunch of dumb kids who lack awareness, they advertised and tried to sell tickets on social media. They broke the rules of the HOAs b/c from what I read, each resident is allowed to have 2 people at the pool and no more than 20 total. You have to respect the noise level and other residents.

There were 2 confrontations - a women who I think is a resident was telling all the black kids at the pool to "go back to your section 8 housing" and got into a physical fight w/ a 14 year old black girl (caught on camera and talked about by one of the white kids filming). Another issue at the gate where a massive number of people were being held back by security but they were overwhelmed and people started hopping the fence and the security guard called the cops.

One of my issues is, there are several other police officers there that handled themselves like the highly trained and aware individuals that they are. This one Paul Blart dipspit is exacerbating the situation by running around yelling, screaming, cursing, snatching, grabbing, throwing people to the ground - when his partners and peers are as cool as hell, talking to and addressing everyone w/ proper conduct and form they teach you so you don't make a situation worse. One cop (who got the flashlight from the kid) is calm as hell, another cop sees his mall cop buddy going nuts and literally walks away from him when he sees the camera, one cop grabs the hero cop by the arm when he pulls his gun b/c he knows he's going nuts and might do something stupid.

A police officer's training should immediately kick in and they should be able to assess the level they need to use in any given situation. Every other cop there behaved w/ that appropriate level, except one, the guy who resigned and his chief said did not control himself.

Reactions: BelemNole
And you please go on blindly submitting yourself to those with authority, and teach your children if you have any to do so, hopefully they don't run into one of the plethora of felonious cops that will use your willful submission against you in some way.

I will and do. But at least I will have my kids around instead of 6 feet under.

I think - several authorized residents of the community invited people (threw a party) to the community pool. Like a bunch of dumb kids who lack awareness, they advertised and tried to sell tickets on social media. They broke the rules of the HOAs b/c from what I read, each resident is allowed to have 2 people at the pool and no more than 20 total. You have to respect the noise level and other residents.

There were 2 confrontations - a women who I think is a resident was telling all the black kids at the pool to "go back to your section 8 housing" and got into a physical fight w/ a 14 year old black girl (caught on camera and talked about by one of the white kids filming). Another issue at the gate where a massive number of people were being held back by security but they were overwhelmed and people started hopping the fence and the security guard called the cops.

One of my issues is, there are several other police officers there that handled themselves like the highly trained and aware individuals that they are. This one Paul Blart dipspit is exacerbating the situation by running around yelling, screaming, cursing, snatching, grabbing, throwing people to the ground - when his partners and peers are as cool as hell, talking to and addressing everyone w/ proper conduct and form they teach you so you don't make a situation worse. One cop (who got the flashlight from the kid) is calm as hell, another cop sees his mall cop buddy going nuts and literally walks away from him when he sees the camera, one cop grabs the hero cop by the arm when he pulls his gun b/c he knows he's going nuts and might do something stupid.

A police officer's training should immediately kick in and they should be able to assess the level they need to use in any given situation. Every other cop there behaved w/ that appropriate level, except one, the guy who resigned and his chief said did not control himself.

That was the McKinney police chief's point: there were 12 other cops there that were able to calmly handle the situation and this officer broke their procedure.

With respect to "do we all look like," post, that defense/argument was used by the defense during the trial in Tally against the guy that shot my then-girlfriend. There are actually interesting statistics on cross-racial identification.

I agree with that.

That was the McKinney police chief's point: there were 12 other cops there that were able to calmly handle the situation and this officer broke their procedure.

With respect to "do we all look like," post, that defense/argument was used by the defense during the trial in Tally against the guy that shot my then-girlfriend. There are actually interesting statistics on cross-racial identification.

Yeah, his partners/peers were actually in more danger b/c of his behavior and actions. They made a few attempts to stop him by grabbing his arm, shoulder and elbow. It even looks like another cop walks away from him early in the video.

His white socks say all I need to know.

I remember reading an article about "do we all look alike".

Yeah, because there's no way that'll get them killed, go on thinking that.
Much more likely to get killed by a hot head who is itching for someone to even slightly resist than someone who complies with a command to sit down or lay on stomach and put hands behind back. Could it still happen? Sure. But not nearly as likely as someone who is resisting. And you are welcome to go on thinking resisting and not complying doesn't increase it of happening.

Welp, one thing is for sure: there's gonna be a (further) increase in the number of people challenging cops' authority, and intervening when they see what they deem to be an illegal use of force by police.

Just a point of clarification, if this is a gated community with a secured entrance run by a HOA, they're probably not public streets or sidewalks. All the common areas of the community are likely owned and managed by the HOA. Perhaps someone more educated on this case can confirm.

I find one of the most interesting comments I've heard/read repeatedly is that the police officer shouldn't have done anything to a "girl in a swimsuit" or the like. I predict a new national crime wave of perpetrators in swim garb.

[QUOTE="Tampa Nole, post: 386442, member: 756"

I find one of the most interesting comments I've heard/read repeatedly is that the police officer shouldn't have done anything to a "girl in a swimsuit" or the like. I predict a new national crime wave of perpetrators in swim garb.[/QUOTE]
Free the puppies!! My dad actually took me down to Landis Green back in the mid-seventies to see all the streakers back in the day.

Welp, one thing is for sure: there's gonna be a (further) increase in the number of people challenging cops' authority, and intervening when they see what they deem to be an illegal use of force by police.
You say that likes its a bad thing. The police need to be policed. In most instances they proven incapable of doing it themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT