ADVERTISEMENT

Cop Pulls Gun at a Kids Pool Party

I think the cop doing the roll tripped over a tree root. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that. Outside of that, I think the cops needed to understand their roll was to disperse an unwelcome crowd at a pool party. If kids start running away, then you've done your job...there's no reason to chase them. If you can't handle a little back talk from a teenager who is otherwise abiding by the law, you probably aren't cut out for the job (thanks for resigning).

She was on a public sidewalk along a public street. I doubt that the cop had any idea who she was or where she lived, yet was telling her to get the f out of here. For all he knew, she may have been standing in front of her own home.
As I read it the pool was inside a gated community. If so, that would make that sidewalk private not public. I certainly could be wrong though.

As I read it the pool was inside a gated community. If so, that would make that sidewalk private not public. I certainly could be wrong though.

Nah, just a regular suburban large planned community that is very common here...

I understood it as a gated pool, but not a gated community. I certainly could be wrong as well though.

I certainly believe the cop way overreacted, but I also believe that if you make the effort to find as many facts as are out there about this incident, and you understand how this event was started and advertised on social media, you would, I hope, agree it should never have taken place.
The young woman, with her mother's assistance, stages these events and it is a money maker for them, and permission to reserve and use the area was never sought. There was a rental fee which she never paid. Rules are clearly stated in the rental agreement. And in a gated community, the sidewalk is not public property; like the streets, they are common area that belongs to the HOA and thus fully under the rules of the HOA.

Her twitter handle is "dimepiece" and that's clearly a term that indicates where the level of these events is set.

By all accounts this is a diverse community. That said, it clearly got out of hand and things were said by the teenagers and the residents at the pool that were wrong.

I think my point is that there are no clean hands to be found anywhere as regards this incident. And social media - all media, in fact - seem to be selectively editing this story in order to further a theme. None of us should be swallowing what the media feeds us hook line and sinker. Skepticism can be a healthy thing.

All Cops are bad. Fine. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. From my experience and viewpoint I see it differently. I'm entitled to that viewpoint. And I have no cops in my family.

Who said all cops were bad? Everyone seems to agree that the other 11 were acting responsibly and only Rambo there was acting the fool and should lose his job.

It's almost a Hollywood comedy. The other 11 LEOs are there doing their job and here comes Sgt. Nitwit rolling on the ground, picking up small girls and pile driving them on concrete and ripping his gun out to chase down some minors all while cursing like a fool and yelling inconsistent and incoherent orders. He was literally laughably bad (and you can laugh as no one was seriously injured no thanks to him).

His lawyer said this morning that he was under severe emotional stress after responding to two attempted suicide calls...

I'm sure "those people' got a fair shake in this lady's classroom.....I do love the hashtag at the end of her rant....

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Texas-teacher-deletes-Facebook-post-with-racial-6321410.php
To me, this post and the fact she's a teacher really displays why racism is so hard for us to get passed in America, and the effect it has on people everyday.

She probably genuinely feels she's not racist. And I think that's the way a lot of people feel about themselves, or even people they know; because racism is perceived as a switch by most. Either you're a part of the KKK or you're not, you either actively engage in racist activity or you don't. But the reality is, racism is a 180 degree gauge, and no one is full on 180, or at 0; and that goes for all races.

This lady probably isn't even above 90 degrees (if there were some way to truly measure it), but it's that deep seeded, subconscious racism that exists in so many people that causes them to act in ways they don't even realize. She's a 4th grade teacher, how many kids' lives over her nearly 20 years do you think she's treated differently because of their race? And it was probably subconscious and even plausibly valid actions at times. It is her choice when to send a kid to the office and when not to, which kids to spend more time with, encourage more, etc.

And the thing is, she's not unique in any way. There's people all over the country in positions of power, authority, leadership, etc that are 20s, 40s, 60s on the 180 degree scale, and it's the cumulative affect of all those people's actions that cause so much damage and game the system for and against the various races.

Even this cop probably isn't a 90+ kind of person. I doubt he went on this call thinking he couldn't wait to bust some black kids, but a perceived slight from a black girl (let's also not discount her sex being a factor as well) set him off differently than the same actions and/or words from a white girl or boy.

To me that's the problem, the perception that racism is this big on/off thing, and that needs to change before we can really deal with it at all.

Well, Officer Nitwit is history, and we all fully agree that is a good thing.
He should be charged with a crime, not allowed to 'resign' and potentially regain employment in another department, keep his pension, etc.

Him being allowed to resign, is not even remotely close to a 'good thing' IMO.

He should be charged with a crime, not allowed to 'resign' and potentially regain employment in another department, keep his pension, etc.

OK. Fair enough. What is his crime and what should he be charged with? Being a nitwit? And how does a police department "dis" allow someone from turning in their badge and saying "I quit"?? If I'm the McKinney PD I can't wait to wave goodbye to this guy as he peels out of the lot, but that is just me.

Speaking as an attorney who defended a lot of state prison guards from unlawful force claims, he wasn't THAT overboard to warrant criminal charges. Is there enough to warrant administrative action seeking his termination and loss of the pension? Absolutely, but allowing him to resign saved the city a LOT of money as they usually hire outside counsel and it would cost $100-200k to administratively prosecute him and I'm probably being conservative.

All and all, him resigning in disgrace and the police chiefs public bashing of him is probably a fair outcome.

goldy, what do you think 'dimepiece' means?

Who said all cops were bad? Everyone seems to agree that the other 11 were acting responsibly and only Rambo there was acting the fool and should lose his job.
It's the classic strawman argument, if you think ONE cop is bad, you must think all cops are bad, which is wrong, and therefore are wrong about this ONE cop being bad.

According to the thread that was going on conservative treehouse, in this case dimepiece refers to a ten dollar hooker.

OK. Fair enough. What is his crime and what should he be charged with? Being a nitwit? And how does a police department "dis" allow someone from turning in their badge and saying "I quit"?? If I'm the McKinney PD I can't wait to wave goodbye to this guy as he peels out of the lot, but that is just me.
If I ripped you to the ground by your hair, and then sat on your back with both knees, what would you want me to be charged with?

According to the thread that was going on conservative treehouse, in this case dimepiece refers to a ten dollar hooker.
ehhh... wrong... laughably so...

it's the equivalent of calling someone a ten, you know, like a dime is worth ten cents? Which is supported by the other posters ogling over her pics.

Good grief...

Reactions: peezy28
If I ripped you to the ground by your hair, and then sat on your back with both knees, what would you want me to be charged with?

If you were a cop or if you were just somebody from the Westside?
And if I don't have the correct description of what a dimepiece is, well, then again I'm not familiar with the crowd who know what is a "piece of anything. Good grief... I don't even know people who DO know that sort of cultural thing.

You are something else, you use a completely false definition of a term to come to a negative conclusion about someone, and then when you're shown to be wrong, deride people who do know the definition as though they're in some class of people you would never associate with. As though having the ability to use Google makes me trash or something, ok lady.

And if I don't have the correct description of what a dimepiece is, well, then again I'm not familiar with the crowd who know what is a "piece of anything. Good grief... I don't even know people who DO know that sort of cultural thing.
Doesn't matter whether I'm a cop or not. THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS WHOOOOOOOLE THING.

If anyone else on the planet, white, black, male, female, whatever were caught on tape doing what this cop did, we'd be in jail and would be lucky to get bail we could afford.

Race is a big factor, because many of these excessive force cases tend to involve white officers and minority victims; but the problem of police use of force is everyone else's problem too.

ehhh... wrong... laughably so...

it's the equivalent of calling someone a ten, you know, like a dime is worth ten cents? Which is supported by the other posters ogling over her pics.

Good grief...

Wow.... that is about the dumbest thing I have heard... "A 10 dollar whore" LOL... Yeah wrong again!

You are something else, you use a completely false definition of a term to come to a negative conclusion about someone, and then when you're shown to be wrong, deride people who do know the definition as though they're in some class of people you would never associate with. As though having the ability to use Google makes me trash or something, ok lady.

Doesn't matter whether I'm a cop or not. THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS WHOOOOOOOLE THING.

If anyone else on the planet, white, black, male, female, whatever were caught on tape doing what this cop did, we'd be in jail and would be lucky to get bail we could afford.

Race is a big factor, because many of these excessive force cases tend to involve white officers and minority victims; but the problem of police use of force is everyone else's problem too.
Tommy- one correction to your statement. We only hear about the cases involving white officers not the ones with minority officers using excessive force against white and/or minority suspects.

Not true, I've heard about plenty of cases involving various races and sexes. The baltimore six were half and half. I wouldn't expect everyone to be looking for these stories like I do, but I see them.

There was also a case of a shooting in St Aug that was discussed at length on this board that involved white cops and a white victim.

You say that likes its a bad thing. The police need to be policed. In most instances they proven incapable of doing it themselves.
No argument from me there. There's a code of silence among cops that evidently supersedes all else, making otherwise honorable and more cops keep quiet just to protect their own in cases of clearcut abuse of power. More than a few people have joked about Little Big Man probably being on steroids and having a 'roid rage (apparently he had dealt with two suicides earlier - wouldn't he have been doing reports for hours afterwards?)... anyway, I'll be the percentage of cops on steroids is as high as it is in any of the major sports.

Lol at your comment about from the Westside. You do realize Ortega is full of yuppies like yourself and is part of the Westside. Oh and there is also a sizeable middle class that live on the Westside too.

Oh and google is a good resource but for Urbanish references you may want to consult Urban Dictionary or an online slang dictionary.

I guess you haven't seen the 2 Walmart female shoppers thread fighting in the shampoo aisle. No arrest or charges were made at the time.

2. Do you see the white kid aggressively make a movement to get behind the officer and look to reach for something in the back pocket which prompted the officer to pull his gun? That kid is an idiot and I don't blame the cop for being intimidated.

I first watched this kid after having read on some conservative.com site that he ran up and assumed a shooter's stance and appeared to fumble for something in his waistband. And therefore that's exactly what I saw happening, and it just seemed crazy......almost looked the kid wanted to provoke a reaction from the officer. But then last night I heard him describe what happened on "Nightline" (he's actually a black kid, though it's hard to tell in the Vid; it was clear on TV). He said his friend who ran up beside him bumped him, causing him to come to a stop closer to the officer than he'd intended. He then realized exactly what that meant -- that he'd be viewed as a threat -- and got scared.

So today I re-watch it, and sure enough you can tell he gets bumped and starts to slide down the grass incline some. And the reason he goes into that wide-legged stance is the balance reflex to regain his footing as he's sliding. The hand-fumbling looked a lot less suspicious when I could observe that he was off balance. It was a dumb move no matter what, but he didn't purposely get that close as I'd initially thought.

Heard on radio, the officer in the event was at 2 suicide events prior to the swimming pool broo ha ha. He should not have been sent to it. Who wouldn't lose it? Not defending his actions but he should not have been there.

So two grown adults fighting each other is the same as a a grown man ripping a teenage girl half his size to the ground and kneeling on her?

Your post said if anyone else did whay the cop did. That was an example of 1 person doing much worse to another person. Not a kid but people have done things much more violent without seeing charges or jail time. And bullying by bigger people of smaller and younger people happen without charges or jail time. Even guys bullying girls. So your blanket statement was wrong.

Was it overboard? Yes. But let's not make it into more than it is. It isn't like he beat the girl to a pulp.

Giving a child a belt whipping or spanking with a wooden spoon or other forms of punishment some parents give to their children is worse than this without charges.

The cop claimed he was under emotional stress which got the better of him. His police chief called his actions indefensible.
Yet some people are hell bent on blaming the victims of police brutality, the media, black culture and pretty much anyone but the guy who committed the act. Murica

Reactions: DanC78
Lol at your comment about from the Westside. You do realize Ortega is full of yuppies like yourself and is part of the Westside.

Ironic because some of my co-workers and I were talking about this at lunch not too long ago. None of them really considered Ortega, Avondale or Riverside to be "Westside". The general consensus was that the "Westside" was anything west of Blanding. That's where the redneck population starts to grow considerably larger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT