ADVERTISEMENT

Copenhagen/Malmo/Hamburg recommendations

SWFNole

Contributor
Sep 8, 2003
I've got a trip coming in July. For those who have been, give me some of the non-touristy awesome things to do in those locations, por favor.

No suggestions but I pondered that exact trip before booking the Munich/Prague trip that we just took last week.

Incidentally, In Prague, on a beer tour, we met several Germans who wouldn't stop raving about Hamburg though. That surprised me. Never thought about it as a prime tourist destination. Hopefully you find it to be as great as they said it was!

Fun Fact (that I have no way to verify): According to them, there are more bridges in Hamburg than there are in Amsterdam and Venice combined. No idea if it's true, but they were proud of that stat so I thought I'd pass it along.

In Copenhagen take a wander around Christiania, a community of anarchists (or something, not sure what to call them).

We made a couple trips there back in 2012,... it's unique.

I love Hamburg. The port, the fish market, St. Pauli/Reeperbahn district, walking along the Alster. I spent a lot of time there since my wife was living there when we met. Most of what I mentioned is pretty touristy I suppose, but they are things that make Hamburg unique. It's true it has more canals than Venice. I have nothing to add for the other cities, but I can recommend a visit to Hamburg for sure.

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT