ADVERTISEMENT

COVID cancellations coming

I think there might be a few cancellations/forfeits in lower-tier conferences, but I just can't imagine any of the big money-making conferences will have vax rates so low to where, even if there is an "outbreak," that enough players would be affected to actually cancel a game.

I talked about this with Aslan on Wake up Warchant. Last year games were getting canceled because 40 players were in contact tracing. Or whole position groups were wiped out. Well, if - and I guess this is an 'if' at this point - you're vaxxed then I don't think close-contact tracing will be implemented. You'll be tested. And if you're negative, and vaccinated, you will be allowed to play. Otherwise, what was the point of getting the shot?

College football is all about making money. Last year was a huge hit. I can't fathom where these schools will forfeit games (and all that money) because 4 players test positive for COVID. Last year, with contact tracing, four players could mean 24 players being quarantined. But if those other 20 players are vaccinated, then in reality, there should be absolutely no quarantining.

It's why Saban already has a 90 percent vax rate on his team. Because it's a huge competitive advantage and it guarantees (or should anyway) that COVID won't decimate his team in a given week.

Hopefully every major program follows suit and we can have a somewhat normal season this fall.
May not be up to schools… may be the decision of politicians and public health officials.
Specifically speaking about Delta variant, the vaccines are very effective at reducing risk of serious disease and death. It’s not as good to prevent mild to moderate disease.

Bottom line, there may be enough people hospitalized that it puts a major strain on system of certain areas and therefore cause local or state restrictions against public gatherings.

Hospitals in Florida are already full of at risk people with COVID (unvaccinated, those who got Wuhan strain (and no vaccine) and vaccinated people with medical issues). Fortunately I don’t think Florida will get so bad that FSU home games are affected.

Reactions: TDHelmick
Well, now you have bigger number who don't want to get the vaccine. That is clear. How does choice change transmittability?

Seems to me that if: it's a threat, and both vaxxed and unvaxxed get it (Israel is showing MOST bad cases are vaxxed there), and vaxxed are safe if they get it, then why does anyone care if the unvaxxed get it?
Logic is prohibited in these discussions @AllNoles . Stop it immediately.

I'll never understand the rant of the vaccinated fearing the unvaccinated??? If you are vaccinated - there's no reason to fear the unvaccinated? If so, there's no point in being vaccinated.

I think there might be a few cancellations/forfeits in lower-tier conferences, but I just can't imagine any of the big money-making conferences will have vax rates so low to where, even if there is an "outbreak," that enough players would be affected to actually cancel a game.

I talked about this with Aslan on Wake up Warchant. Last year games were getting canceled because 40 players were in contact tracing. Or whole position groups were wiped out. Well, if - and I guess this is an 'if' at this point - you're vaxxed then I don't think close-contact tracing will be implemented. You'll be tested. And if you're negative, and vaccinated, you will be allowed to play. Otherwise, what was the point of getting the shot?

College football is all about making money. Last year was a huge hit. I can't fathom where these schools will forfeit games (and all that money) because 4 players test positive for COVID. Last year, with contact tracing, four players could mean 24 players being quarantined. But if those other 20 players are vaccinated, then in reality, there should be absolutely no quarantining.

It's why Saban already has a 90 percent vax rate on his team. Because it's a huge competitive advantage and it guarantees (or should anyway) that COVID won't decimate his team in a given week.

Hopefully every major program follows suit and we can have a somewhat normal season this fall.

Yep, it will all come down to how strict they are with vaccinated players. If vaxxed players don't have to test or contact trace then the season should be fine (assuming most are vaccinated). If they still make vaxxed test and contact trace then it'll be close to what we dealt with last year.

Hopefully common sense will prevail.

that is my guess as well ... to many to stop games

the other items is do they allow the folks that already had it get treated like they are vaccinated if they can validate active antibodies. we have a medical school good lord we can do this. wild guess but I bet the number of kids that had covid is huge ,, 30-70%
If you add in those to the kids who are vaccinated then most of team is immune

Reactions: fsu127
I'll never understand the rant of the vaccinated fearing the unvaccinated??? If you are vaccinated - there's no reason to fear the unvaccinated? If so, there's no point in being vaccinated.
"Immunization not only protects you and your child from vaccine-preventable diseases but everyone around you as well. This is because herd immunity dictates that if most people are immune to a disease, then the risk of community transmission is diminished, as well as the incidence of disease and illness.1

Even people who refuse vaccination or don't believe in herd immunity are still part of the process. As the risk of infection decreases within their communities, they are recipients of the benefits of community-wide vaccination whether they realize it or not.1

Even so, if a large sector of the population does not get the recommended vaccines, diseases once thought eliminated can begin to return. Such has been the case with diseases like measles, which was declared eliminated in the United States in 2000 but is now being seen in pockets throughout the country."

Reactions: JCC1213
But if it's so important, then there is no reason to not test the vaxxed just as much as the unvaxxed. We KNOW the vaxxed are passing it along to others.

If being vaxxed makes you safe but you still pass it, then we are past the point of the vaccine being a plan to stop the spread. If we can get it from vaxxed and unvaxxed, then the only issue should be if we want to protect ourselves from it.

Would be interested to see the incidents of vaxxed transmitting to vaxxed and of those, how many vaxxed have no symptoms or mild. Stats in central Florida as of today have 94% of those hospitalized for COVID as unvaxxed. That’s very telling.

Reactions: MIKE_G and Dhersh
You’ll never get 100%. There’s too many people that think the vax includes a microchip.

Wow. Maybe some people like me have had the virus and don't need it. Maybe some people already have health issues that preclude them. And maybe since it's not a vaccine by definition of injecting the virus in order to promote antibodies but instead actually alters you mRNA which has never previously been able to pass clinical trials..... Experimental, approved to distribute but NOT FDA approved.

How's that for your microchip.

President stated “we have COVID on the run”, what’s the issue? I hope that FSU goes beat the crap out of Notre Dame!

"A startling share of coronavirus patients being admitted to U.K. hospitals — up to 40 percent — have been fully vaccinated."

40%

I have had zero fear of getting sick from Covid since I've been vaccinated. I can't wait til my kids are able to get vaccinated so I don't have to worry about them. I do have fear that we won't be able to get back to normal because people who refuse the vaccine are allowing the virus to find cozy hosts to allow it to mutate over and over again and continue to keep it a public health crisis.

Wow. Maybe some people like me have had the virus and don't need it. Maybe some people already have health issues that preclude them. And maybe since it's not a vaccine by definition of injecting the virus in order to promote antibodies but instead actually alters you mRNA which has never previously been able to pass clinical trials..... Experimental, approved to distribute but NOT FDA approved.

How's that for your microchip.
To be fair, mRNA vaccines are the future. Just because cell phones hadn't been invented in the 80s didn't mean that they wouldn't be safe to use once they were.

I have had zero fear of getting sick from Covid since I've been vaccinated. I can't wait til my kids are able to get vaccinated so I don't have to worry about them. I do have fear that we won't be able to get back to normal because people who refuse the vaccine are allowing the virus to find cozy hosts to allow it to mutate over and over again and continue to keep it a public health crisis.
We’ve lived normally for over a year. Both have had it. Both are vaxxed. Live your life. This virus isn’t going anywhere. Have to learn to live with it.

The same people that all of a sudden are experts on mRNA based vaccines and worried about lengths of clinic trials on emergency approved vaccines were the same people pushing drugs with no data supporting it's use for Covid because of a youtube video from a doctor that looked like the unabomber.

Just say you aren't worried about Covid and don't want to be told what to do.

Reactions: Buck-I-Nole
Because they are the ones filling up our hospitals and ICUs
You do realize polio was eradicated because of a vaccine right? It wasn't an option to get it if you wanted to participate in society pretty much. Not sure you're making a good argument for not getting the Covid vaccine

Logic has no place in society period. Everyone screams about the effectiveness of the vaccine then they scream how their lives are placed in danger by the unvaccinated.

This virus from the get go targeted a very specific demographic who has now largely been vaccinated. It presented a risk of death upon the vast majority of society in line with what we deem safe everyday activities.

The latest figures again confirm this. We as a state are listed as the epicenter of infections right now yet no one wants to point out that three of the largest counties in FL Duval, Orange, and Dade have had a huge increase in infection yet the 7 day average for deaths has remained at 0 for the last 6 weeks.

With vaccinating the elderly Covid has become the flu. A virus that most people get and nearly 100% of those who contract it survive.

Living in Maryland (ugh!) we are already hearing and seeing high school athletic events for next month postponed or cancelled due to the latest COVID variant scares by the COVIDIAN culture. If the last 20 months have taught us anything, know full well cancellations are still coming. It won't surprise me if the Baltimore/DC corridor cancels fall sports for the 2nd straight year. Mask mandates being laid out as this is being typed for all indoor locations/schools whether vaccinated or not (see White House).

Man I should have never left Florida.

But I do forsee some college athletic events cancelled this fall across the US still (see NC State baseball). That's not a matter of if, but how many. Brace yourself, a virus does not magically disappear. Nor does the fear factor and liability that came with it.
It will happen. My daughter is up in Tallahassee. She is vaccinated and she caught it this week. I have also heard a number of athletes who are vaccinated have started to come down with it. Unfortunately being vaccinated is not keeping people from catching COVID as well as we had hoped.

Public health crisis or public scare crisis. 99% of people survive Covid. The REAL crisis are people losing their businesses, jobs, homes, the mental health crisis of drugs and alcoholism directly related to the shutdowns, the soaring teen suicide rates, divorce rates and more.

It's not refusing the vaccine as much as it's bad info, bad science, lies and manipulation. Look no further than the financial crisis of FSU as a direct result of the shutdowns.

Some humans care about other humans.

It will happen. My daughter is up in Tallahassee. She is vaccinated and she caught it this week. I have also heard a number of athletes who are vaccinated have started to come down with it. Unfortunately being vaccinated is not keeping people from catching COVID as well as we had hoped.
In reality, the efficacy numbers were released very early on. For example, Pfizer initially stated that their vaccine had an efficacy of 94%. There are no vaccines with 100% efficacy and this has been known.

Reactions: Bimshore
Issue is the delta variant spreads way easier. I know several people that got it recently both vaccinated and unvaccinated. All of them were delta from what they know. Luckily only one has gotten seriously ill but they felt like crap for a few days. One was in the hospital and on a ventilator and was iffy on if he would survive for a couple days but is recovering now.

Good question. Not sure. I have read they have one vaccine for almost the whole country SK numbers may be a little easier to interpret.

Reactions: PopsNole
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. How severe are her symptoms? The athletes we've read about testing positive were mostly asymptomatic or very mild. They are getting tested regularly, so that's the only reason they even knew they had it.

Reactions: AllNoles
Public health crisis or public scare crisis. 99% of people survive Covid. The REAL crisis are people losing their businesses, jobs, homes, the mental health crisis of drugs and alcoholism directly related to the shutdowns, the soaring teen suicide rates, divorce rates and more.

It's not refusing the vaccine as much as it's bad info, bad science, lies and manipulation. Look no further than the financial crisis of FSU as a direct result of the shutdowns.
what's the bad science with the vaccines? Interested to know the top virologists, microbiologists and epidemiologists seem to like the vaccines interested to know what they've missed.

I guess this is the point where we agree to disagree.

Reactions: PopsNole
Good for you.

I will not get the vaccination and I have zero fear of getting it. I actually put my faith in God, not an experimental DNA changing medication (not really a vaccine) with a dangerous spike protein.

Millions getting this experimental drug have no idea what side effects are coming down the line - all for protection against a virus that is 99% survivable.

Interesting numbers based on a recent admission that the PCR test was counting the flu as Covid...

2019-2020 Flu Season = 38,000,000 cases
2020-2021 Flu Season = 1,822

Hmmmmm.... It's all about political control.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Got to love the pseudo intellectuals
And the pseudo talent evaluators.

What fear do you have about your kids and Covid? According to the CDC 340 kids aged 0-17 died with Covid. That does not meant they died from Covid. The same CDC reports show 831 kids died with Pneumonia and roughly 2,100 died in car accidents. Children are literally many times more likely to die from everyday activities we deem safe. Why would anyone worry about Covid and their children? I say this a parent. Life is all about risk assessment. What is next locking our children in the house so they do not have any accidents?

Reactions: misswebbsilverchief
Good for you.

I will not get the vaccination and I have zero fear of getting it. I actually put my faith in God, not an experimental DNA changing medication (not really a vaccine) with a dangerous spike protein.

Millions getting this experimental drug have no idea what side effects are coming down the line - all for protection against a virus that is 99% survivable.

Interesting numbers based on a recent admission that the PCR test was counting the flu as Covid...

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Also, the Covid tests are testing specifically for that virus not the flu. I just had a family member have to get tested for both and it was too separate tests. One for the flu one for covid.

Good for you.

There is a whole lot of misinformation in this post. But it sounds like you have made up your mind. Cheers.

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Absolutely. Tried and true but I know it won't change my DNA and won't have side effects years down the road. I've already had cancer - I don't want a spike protein from this vaccine in my body to increase my chances of getting it again.

What fear do you have about your kids and Covid? According to the CDC 340 kids aged 0-17 died with Covid. That does not meant they died from Covid. The same CDC reports show 831 kids died with Pneumonia and roughly 2,100 died in car accidents. Children are literally many times more likely to die from everyday activities we deem safe. Why would anyone worry about Covid and their children? I say this a parent. Life is all about risk assessment. What is next locking our children in the house so they do not have any accidents?
Truth be told, I've been pretty relaxed about my kids. We've done a lot of sports the entire time--whatever we could do. I still want them to be vaccinated because that's an extra layer of protection. The Delta variant has also been impacting younger people at a much higher rate than previous strains.

Absolutely. Tried and true but I know it won't change my DNA and won't have side effects years down the road. I've already had cancer - I don't want a spike protein from this vaccine in my body to increase my chances of getting it again.
If you put your faith in God to protect you from the virus why don't you put your faith in God to protect you from a car crash?

1) Tons of healthy people getting sick from the vaccine with unknown long term side effects and complications

2) 10,000 people have died directly related to the vaccine

3) The vaccine is an effort to prevent contracting a disease with a 99.9% survival rate

FWIW I’m not necessarily anti vaccine. Think it is essentially a hastily created trial drug. Just think it’s funny the mental gymnastics ITT. Notice how the pseudo intellectuals never cite studies or statistics just opinions stated as facts.
AMEN. THIS ^^^^^

Live and let live. A free society has no place for forced medication! Even with football players.

Reactions: misswebbsilverchief
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT