ADVERTISEMENT

COVID cancellations coming

You're on. My choice is meals on wheels Tampa.
Good deal. On caveat. I mean in mRNA vaccines approved in the US. I don't trust J&J. Not with the vaccine and not with any of their other products which have killed or injured both babies and adults.

Good deal. On caveat. I mean in mRNA vaccines approved in the US. I don't trust J&J. Not with the vaccine and not with any of their other products which have killed or injured both babies and adults.
mRNA Vax only. Next Aug. Do you want to also include the inevitable booster shots required also?

We'll chat offline about specific parameters..

Reactions: Dhersh
I'd be willing to bet $100 to your favorite charity that you can't do a lowbar squat for 3 sets at 5 reps with proper depth of your body weight. Name the charity and record all three sets. Post it by Tuesday.

Please show me the records to how many young healthy and no comirbidity deaths. Would like to see obituaries if possible.
What is happening in this thread? First off you’re challenging someone to squat their body weight and also would like obituaries provided? Good grief.

Reactions: ChiefWB
It's not fair at all. Mandating you do it is effing insane. That's the point.
For the record, I would do the squats because as you say it is good for me. Also this thread is about mandating the vaccine for college athletes. I am ambivalent on a mandate for the general public. To me a mandate on a college athlete is not a mandate. You do not have to be a college athlete. If your place of employment requires a vaccine it is also not mandate. You can go work somewhere else. I am not sure I would be in favor on a mandate simply because you are a living breathing human being.

I think it is highly likely that the deaths in all age groups were mostly from the unvaccinated segment. I will tell you I know of dozens of infections in the last 5 weeks. Several in the over 50 age group and they wee overwhelmingly unvaccinated.
That’s statistically and mathematically improbable unless games are being played with definitions.

take miami dade for instance, greater than one third of all hospital covid admissions are 65+.

Miami dade reports a 99.9% first dose vaccination rate in the 65+ and a 92% first dose vaccination rate in the 18+.

children in miami dade account for under 10% of hospitalizations.

miami dade continues to report approximately 88% unvaccinated for daily hospital admissions. the 65+ age group alone renders that mathematically impossible without CDC's definition of what is a unvaccinated person.

to compound matters:

a hospital admission includes ER / ED visits

an ER / ED patient is registered as a covid patient even if they don't see a doctor (i.e. leave early)

a covid positive case can be a PCR test, rapid test or suspected with no test at all

an influenza like illness case is considered a probable covid case

That’s statistically and mathematically improbable unless games are being played with definitions.

take miami dade for instance, greater than one third of all hospital covid admissions are 65+.

Miami dade reports a 99.9% first dose vaccination rate in the 65+ and a 92% first dose vaccination rate in the 18+.

children in miami dade account for under 10% of hospitalizations.

miami dade continues to report approximately 88% unvaccinated for daily hospital admissions. the 65+ age group alone renders that mathematically impossible without CDC's definition of what is a unvaccinated person.

to compound matters:

a hospital admission includes ER / ED visits

an ER / ED patient is registered as a covid patient even if they don't see a doctor (i.e. leave early)

a covid positive case can be a PCR test, rapid test or suspected with no test at all

an influenza like illness case is considered a probable covid case
I cannot find online where you are getting your information. Hard to analyze this without that.

For the record, I would do the squats because as you say it is good for me. Also this thread is about mandating the vaccine for college athletes. I am ambivalent on a mandate for the general public. To me a mandate on a college athlete is not a mandate. You do not have to be a college athlete. If your place of employment requires a vaccine it is also not mandate. You can go work somewhere else. I am not sure I would be in favor on a mandate simply because you are a living breathing human being.
I agree with everything you say here in this post, as it relates to places of employment. Not sure I do for college athletes, but I can understand your perspective on that.

That good enough?

And while it may seem like I am anti vaccine, I'm not. I'd prefer to wait for this to have a bit more track record. Then I will take it.

But I'll be damned if some jackass in any political office is going to make it mandatory. Eff them and eff that. Anyone that thinks MANDATORY vaccines are a good thing..... I just don't know what to say or think.
You forgot to post the one, "...it'll all be over by spring" by a prior president. Did your obviously impressive research not uncover that one?

You forgot to post the one, "...it'll all be over by spring" by a prior president. Did your obviously impressive research not uncover that one?
I never said anyone said it would be over by spring. Did I? If I did, that was an error on my end.

I cannot find online where you are getting your information. Hard to analyze this without that.
raw data from CDC.gov and miamidade.gov

definitions required to be used in counting the data from CDC.gov, HHS.gov, and CMS.gov.

Living in Maryland (ugh!) we are already hearing and seeing high school athletic events for next month postponed or cancelled due to the latest COVID variant scares by the COVIDIAN culture. If the last 20 months have taught us anything, know full well cancellations are still coming. It won't surprise me if the Baltimore/DC corridor cancels fall sports for the 2nd straight year. Mask mandates being laid out as this is being typed for all indoor locations/schools whether vaccinated or not (see White House).

Man I should have never left Florida.

But I do forsee some college athletic events cancelled this fall across the US still (see NC State baseball). That's not a matter of if, but how many. Brace yourself, a virus does not magically disappear. Nor does the fear factor and liability that came with it.
If you were in Florida, you would be much worse off. And these actions are coming to Florida also. Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

I think what they really want is 100% participation by every team. That not a reality unless vax is mandated, which won’t happen. So the next best target is what science says is likely for heard immunity in any group. I think we all get that the team will have contacts outside of the group but that is outside of their control, short of a lockdown. So it’s simply an attempt to do the best they can at keeping players Covid free. Not much else they can do. Of course if you are an anti vaxxer then you don’t care if they get Covid or not and none of this would matter.
It certainly can be mandated if universities decided to do so, which many have already done.

But if it's so important, then there is no reason to not test the vaxxed just as much as the unvaxxed. We KNOW the vaxxed are passing it along to others.

If being vaxxed makes you safe but you still pass it, then we are past the point of the vaccine being a plan to stop the spread. If we can get it from vaxxed and unvaxxed, then the only issue should be if we want to protect ourselves from it.
The period of time of transmission by vaccinated individuals is much shorter than that of those who are unvaccinated.

Just an aside. At one time as part of my job I used to put over 200 pounds on my back and climb up ladders. Did this from sunup to sunset for several years. Have not done this in decades but I still think I could.
I just saw this. That job sounds terrible!

Reactions: fsufool
The US population was less than half what it is now. I was a toddler then and don't remember much, but my Mom said that everyone kept their children indoors in the heat of the day and many avoided public swimming pools. It was a disease that hit kids more often. I imagine that hearing that 3,000 died was enormously scary to postwar parents, but remember far many more got polio and lived, but were crippled for life.
You were a toddler back then? Wow......... :)

More data from more hospitals. I’ve seen census data now for 4 large hospitals along the FL Gulf Coast.... 83-89% of patients in these hospitals are unvaxxed. And to reiterate, that means 2 weeks removed from 2nd dose. Blows my mind anyone over the age of 45 or so isn’t getting the vaccine when this virus is circulating out of control right now.

More data from more hospitals. I’ve seen census data now for 4 large hospitals along the FL Gulf Coast.... 83-89% of patients in these hospitals are unvaxxed. And to reiterate, that means 2 weeks removed from 2nd dose. Blows my mind anyone over the age of 45 or so isn’t getting the vaccine when this virus is circulating out of control right now.
St. Vincent's here in Jax reported yesterday that their COVID admits are 96% unvaccinated. It just boggles the mind.

Baycare hospitals in Central Florida was 80% unvaxxed as of last week with 40% of all patients in the hospitals being Covid patients.

Norrrrm is not a happy camper. Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I’ve always felt like masks are overrated. Sadly social distancing isn’t and I fear we’re headed to events being cancelled or having attendance scaled back.

I know it’s hard to predict, but our team is under vaccinated and with the situation in Florida and cases in Tallahassee specifically, I have a bad feeling that Covid might disrupt things for us again, especially early. I have heard there are numerous players out right now due to contact tracing, and to me that can’t bode well for the ND game. That plus the load management thing with the QB’s and a transfer laden roster needing to gel seems like there are a lot of moving parts as an elite team from up north where covid is less prevalent prepares for us. We need all the consistency we can get, and reading between the lines it’s lacking right now due to factors beyond our control.

Based on what I’ve heard from some podcasts, there’s still a chance we could reach the 85% threshold but we’re really struggling to get there. Lots of players got their first shot and never their second. If we don’t reach it we almost certainly will forfeit at least one game this year and that will be devastating.

Reactions: SeminoleGloryDays
Count on it they way we are headed, but there's always hope.

The goalposts will continue to move…the inevitable 3rd, 4th, 5th booster shot is supposed to be “needed”…How will those numbers impact vaccination %?

The goalposts will continue to move…the inevitable 3rd, 4th, 5th booster shot is supposed to be “needed”…How will those numbers impact vaccination %?
Well nearly all other teams have managed to meet or exceed the goalposts where they are now, so I’m not sure what you’re point is. The protocol has been laid out and we are behind and putting our season at risk.

Well nearly all other teams have managed to meet or exceed the goalposts where they are now, so I’m not sure what you’re point is. The protocol has been laid out and we are behind and putting our season at risk.
Players need to do more "research" and by research I mean read random memes on FB 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT