ADVERTISEMENT

Death Penalty

What are pills cut with fentanyl generally advertised as?

I don't know. You tell me. Which pharma companies? Names of Pills? What is the name of the pill containing fentanyl that legally exists?

Fentanyl, as least originally, was an anestetic given via iv.

******Where do the pills come from? Attack the source.******

Mexico? We've been doing that for 40 years

What are the sources that cause overdose?

I don't know. You tell me. Which pharma companies? Names of Pills? What is the name of the pill containing fentanyl that legally exists?

Most of these pills are advertised as percocets, roxy, oxy, vocotin, xanax, etc... I remember when fentanyl started catching momentum. Addicts would steal patches from hospitals and ingest it. I'm not sure these "dealers" are even aware their drugs are loaded. They buy them from someone who buys them from somewhere else. Most of these pills come from Mexico and Asia.

It's a lot easier to be exonerated and released if you haven't been executed.
I don't think you understand my point. What use is exoneration if you die during a life sentence in prison while innocent of what you are there for? Maybe there are a lot or more people in that category too, maybe not? The point is if the justice system needs to be improved by keeping innocent people from being incarceration then how does focusing on abolishing the death penalty solve the issue? We keep someone 30-40 years on death row and yet by locking them up for life now we suddenly get it right? Interesting someone can whip out a stat on a seconds notice justifying getting rid of the death penalty but stumble mightily when asked how many innocent people are you locking up to their deaths to rot in prison? By that logic shouldn't we abolish sentencing a person to a life sentence due to the fact that innocent people are currently locked up?

I don't have a problem with spending time to get it right and we should do everything in our power to insure we do just that prior to life sentencing and going through with the death penalty. We risk collateral damage for sure in this process but that is the risk we must take when we give others the power to remove the worst of us from society. It is a job I sure as hell would not want to do.

She is the classic fringe person. Looks awful. Stands for radical principals. And, objectively, is a complete failure. What did she do that was “good”?
The liberal version of Trump. Narcissistic bully with no vision or ability to build a consensus. And when things go bad, blame, deflect and blame some more. The world is better when people like these are not holding office.

I don't think you understand my point. What use is exoneration if you die during a life sentence in prison while innocent of what you are there for? Maybe there are a lot or more people in that category too, maybe not? The point is if the justice system needs to be improved by keeping innocent people from being incarceration then how does focusing on abolishing the death penalty solve the issue? We keep someone 30-40 years on death row and yet by locking them up for life now we suddenly get it right? Interesting someone can whip out a stat on a seconds notice justifying getting rid of the death penalty but stumble mightily when asked how many innocent people are you locking up to their deaths to rot in prison? By that logic shouldn't we abolish sentencing a person to a life sentence due to the fact that innocent people are currently locked up?

I don't have a problem with spending time to get it right and we should do everything in our power to insure we do just that prior to life sentencing and going through with the death penalty. We risk collateral damage for sure in this process but that is the risk we must take when we give others the power to remove the worst of us from society. It is a job I sure as hell would not want to do.
Putting people in prison for life allows the chance for exoneration. Killing them does not.
We should focus on correcting the problem of incarcerating innocent people AND freeing those already incorrectly incarcerated. It’s not an either or.
BTW, I haven’t said I’m opposed to the death penalty. Just that we’re doing a shit job of it.

Reactions: BrainVision
The liberal version of Trump. Narcissistic bully with no vision or ability to build a consensus. And when things go bad, blame, deflect and blame some more. The world is better when people like these are not holding office.
She was just awful in every way. So bad that her own followers ultimately abandoned her. What is sad is that the media failed/refused to fully expose her obvious weaknesses….until now. Now it is safe to say what others saw/knew on their own.

My dad had a fentanyl patch at the end of his life for pain control.

My wife was recently in the ER and was given fentanyl via IV for pain.

Freaked her out a little.

Putting people in prison for life allows the chance for exoneration. Killing them does not.
We should focus on correcting the problem of incarcerating innocent people AND freeing those already incorrectly incarcerated. It’s not an either or.
BTW, I haven’t said I’m opposed to the death penalty. Just that we’re doing a shit job of it.
Agreed. However that jumps into another matter of DA's and prosecutors not being held accountable. Too many times they are only out for numbers to pad metrics and close cases. Something should be put in place where they can be held responsible at least for more egregious cases of misconduct.

Agreed. However that jumps into another matter of DA's and prosecutors not being held accountable. Too many times they are only out for numbers to pad metrics and close cases. Something should be put in place where they can be held responsible at least for more egregious cases of misconduct.
Revolving door.

I support abolishing the life sentence as well, regardless of whether the person sentenced to that punishment is guilty of any crime.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is something where my stance has changed over the years.
1. Killin's often too good for them.
2. There is always a chance you're executing an innocent person.
This why I think it should be reserved for open and shut cases. I would find it odd that anyone would want to give a second life to an individual who mutilated/tortured/raped/etc someone.

Reactions: Bartdog
I do not believe that we should be permanently warehousing people in terrible conditions.
So we warehouse them in good conditions? Its prison not summer camp. For most of them prison isn't a deterrent not due to conditions but because its an organized structured society on the inside. They have a place and there are rules. Prison isn't a rehabilitation center, all it does is remove that person from the street and in many cases they can still commit crimes from the inside. Could some of these be rehabilitated? Sure but would that outweigh the risk of having so many on the streets? I'm not talking regular criminals I'm talking violent crime types such as murder, rape ect...

Punishment should fit the crime. If someone steals you cut off their hand, they can only steal one more time. If someone commits rape you cut off their !@#$, no more rape. If someone kills then you execute them. They wont kill again.

I do agree with you though that prison doesn't work in most cases but I'm not an advocate for closing them either without another plan.

Earlier in the season, when it became obvious that FSU would be staying in Tally in March, I placed some small Final 4 futures bets on Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas and Miami (not all together but hopefully 1 or 2 of them make it), but the odds of any juicy payday are looking even more iffy now with Alabama embroiled in its controversy and UT losing its starting PG.
At least I'll have a few teams to root for. March Madness without the Noles is a major crisis in my world.
I took UVA, Kansas, Houston and UCLA for the final 4 when I was in Vegas last summer. We shall see.

Reactions: NoleSince1961
I took UVA, Kansas, Houston and UCLA for the final 4 when I was in Vegas last summer. We shall see.
Since huge odds futures parlays are sometimes fun for a little play money bet here and there, I wish they’d call the wager a push and refund your $ if you parlay 2 or 3 or even 4 teams to all make the Final 4 and any 2 of them get placed in the same region, which automatically kills the parlay (like they do with game reschedules and forfeits, some starting pitcher changes in baseball, etc)
First world issues.

Most of these pills are advertised as percocets, roxy, oxy, vocotin, xanax, etc... I remember when fentanyl started catching momentum. Addicts would steal patches from hospitals and ingest it. I'm not sure these "dealers" are even aware their drugs are loaded. They buy them from someone who buys them from somewhere else. Most of these pills come from Mexico and Asia.
Percocets, Oxycontin, Oxycodone etc have no fentanyl. There are no major pharma companies selling/marketing fentanyl except for anestesia or severe pain relief usually related to trauma (same purpose as morphone but stronger).

My dad had a fentanyl patch at the end of his life for pain control.

My wife was recently in the ER and was given fentanyl via IV for pain.

Freaked her out a little.
Right. These cases though are not addicts killing themself via overdose.

Going back to quotes such as "cut off the supply" etc, this means going after illegal drug dealers which the US has been doing for 45 years.

On a side note the government has gone too far in cutting off legitimate usage of opiods. Patients needing pain relief are cut off (by law) and some turn to the black market to get that relief, and this causes the fentanyl overdoses because people don't know what they get when they buy off the street.

So we warehouse them in good conditions? Its prison not summer camp. For most of them prison isn't a deterrent not due to conditions but because its an organized structured society on the inside. They have a place and there are rules. Prison isn't a rehabilitation center, all it does is remove that person from the street and in many cases they can still commit crimes from the inside. Could some of these be rehabilitated? Sure but would that outweigh the risk of having so many on the streets? I'm not talking regular criminals I'm talking violent crime types such as murder, rape ect...

Punishment should fit the crime. If someone steals you cut off their hand, they can only steal one more time. If someone commits rape you cut off their !@#$, no more rape. If someone kills then you execute them. They wont kill again.

I do agree with you though that prison doesn't work in most cases but I'm not an advocate for closing them either without another plan.
So someone goes to jail for theft and you believe there should be no attempt at rehabilitation? Just house them in shitty conditions for a few years, release them and expect something to change? Or should all crimes be life sentences?

Percocets, Oxycontin, Oxycodone etc have no fentanyl. There are no major pharma companies selling/marketing fentanyl except for anestesia or severe pain relief usually related to trauma (same purpose as morphone but stronger).
Correct. Dealers label pills cut with fentanyl as such and sell them to those who have no clue what it really is. Does that make sense? People aren't willingly popping fentanyl. They think they are ingesting something completely different.

So someone goes to jail for theft and you believe there should be no attempt at rehabilitation? Just house them in shitty conditions for a few years, release them and expect something to change? Or should all crimes be life sentences?
Rehabilitation generally occurs after release. Theft would probably put you in there for 30-45 days if it's a misdemeanor, unless you can post bail. Once probation is inacted, if inacted... that's when your rehab starts. The biggest issue is so many individuals chose not to keep up with their probation officer or violate the terms.

Rehabilitation generally occurs after release. Theft would probably put you in there for 30-45 days if it's a misdemeanor, unless you can post bail. Once probation is inacted, if inacted... that's when your rehab starts. The biggest issue is so many individuals chose not to keep up with their probation officer or violate the terms.
Except that it doesn't usually happen here. We have a terrible recidivism rate compared to other 1st world countries. Yet we continue on with our system and ignore what the others are doing. Because it's profitable.

Except that it doesn't usually happen here. We have a terrible recidivism rate compared to other 1st world countries. Yet we continue on with our system and ignore what the others are doing. Because it's profitable.
I don't disagree but there are more factors, especially cultural, that make it worse.

I was speaking more about violent crimes as I stated at the end of the first paragraph. People that steal shouldnt be going to prison. Chain gangs, work camps, manual labor ect... lots of work needs to be done. As they repeat increase severity. After the third attempt see paragraph 3.

Yes. And didn't you say that we can't do it like other countries because of culture and other factors?
Isn't that the same excuse we give for not doing anything about the shooting problem we have?
No. People have no respect for the lives of others in general. Some individuals are raised where violence is glorified or a right of passage. Some people simply hate individuals based on their beliefs/skin color/etc. White males are generally more likely to commit a mass homicide crime with a firearm at lesser frequency, while black males are more likely to commit a single homicide crime at greater frequency. Violent acts are engrained by some mental virus.

I never said we couldn't do it. We have to address certain cultures require certain processes. I explained there needs to be a broader exploration of what works for each individual person. There is no fix all bandaid.

No. People have no respect for the lives of others in general. Some individuals are raised where violence is glorified or a right of passage. Some people simply hate individuals based on their beliefs/skin color/etc. White males are generally more likely to commit a mass homicide crime with a firearm at lesser frequency, while black males are more likely to commit a single homicide crime at greater frequency. Violent acts are engrained by some mental virus.

I never said we couldn't do it. We have to address certain cultures require certain processes. I explained there needs to be a broader exploration of what works for each individual person. There is no fix all bandaid.
Violence is glorified in this country.
Poor people tend to commit more crimes.
Young white men tend to commit more senseless acts of mass violence.
Why would any of that preclude us from trying something that works everywhere else?

Violence is glorified in this country.
Poor people tend to commit more crimes.
Young white men tend to commit more senseless acts of mass violence.
Why would any of that preclude us from trying something that works everywhere else?
Is there an echo?

Once again, I never said we couldn't do it. We have to address certain cultures require certain processes. I explained there needs to be a broader exploration of what works for each individual person. There is no fix all bandaid.

Reactions: noletaire
Right. These cases though are not addicts killing themself via overdose.

Going back to quotes such as "cut off the supply" etc, this means going after illegal drug dealers which the US has been doing for 45 years.

On a side note the government has gone too far in cutting off legitimate usage of opiods. Patients needing pain relief are cut off (by law) and some turn to the black market to get that relief, and this causes the fentanyl overdoses because people don't know what they get when they buy off the street.
Yep...people are actually buying pills off Instagram (I think that's what I heard) that are laced with Fenanyl. The assholes that do that should get the death penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: F4Gary
No, I do not think that we should be warehousing people at all. I think that prison should be a place of rehabilitation and ultimately reintegration with society. The deterrence aspect, if there is to be one, of prison should be the loss of freedom and self-determination. Once inside of prison or any other rehabilitative space, the conditions should be supportive and humanizing. A good prison, from my perspective, should look and feel a lot like a summer camp.

I absolutely do not believe that "punishment should fit the crime" in the sense that you describe. I find the idea of cutting people's body parts off and killing them to be absolutely abhorrent and completely incompatible with a civilized, prosocial society. I also reject this approach to behavior modification on general psychological grounds. Positive punishments like this only serve to embitter the person on the receiving end and to teach them that "might makes right" and that all moral principles beyond that one are meaningless in practice.

My plan would be to abolish prisons in their current form and to build a true rehabilitation and reintegration system.
Scary but interesting take to ponder…would be awesome if that could actually work in real life (not sure if for every crime but at least some large %)… are you aware of any countries or states or municipalities who’ve tried that approach, and any data on how it panned out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT