ADVERTISEMENT

Death Penalty

Goldie, that isn't true unless you're wheelchair bound and we all know you're vibrant. :)

Just do it for your self-interest. Get saved vs. the alternative.

I can't tell if you're just playing around in this thread (which has become pretty awesome btw) or truly believe that those who don't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior are destined to burn in Hell? Like not just spend a week or two in Hogtown but actually way down below in eternal flames with Satan and all that.

And they all had a different interpretation of the Bible that's why there are thousands of denominations of protestant churches today and they keep splintering from each other.

Here's just a few hundred.

Southern Baptist Convention

Independent Baptist (if non-black)
Baptist Missionary Association (if non-black)
Baptist General Conference/Swedish Baptist
Conservative Baptist Association of America
Free Will Baptist
General Association of Regular Baptists
American Baptist Association
Baptist Bible Church, including Baptist Bible Fellowship (if non-black)
Primitive Baptist (if non-black)
Reformed Baptist (Calvinist)
Fundamentalist Baptist (if non-black)
Seventh Day Baptist
Baptist General Convention of Texas
North American Baptist
Full Gospel Baptist Association (if non-black)
Evangelical Baptist (if non-black)
United Baptist Church
Evangelical Free Baptist
Cowboy Church Baptist
Pentecostal Baptist (if non-black)
Traditional Baptist (if non-black)
Ethnic Baptist (if non-black and born again)
Baptist, not further specified (if non-black and born again)
Baptist, ambiguous affiliation (if non-black and born again)

Methodist in the evangelical tradition​

Congregational Methodist
Evangelical Methodist
Independent Methodist (if non-black)
Churches of Christ in Christian Union
Southern Methodist Church
Other ethnic Methodist (if non-black and born again)
Methodist, ambiguous affiliation (if non-black and born again)
Methodist, not further specified (if non-black and born again)

What in the world does all of that have to do with your incorrect claim that Catholics compiled the first Bible?

I am a Christian. Raised Baptist and currently attend an Assemblies of God church. I know we are all hypocrites and fall short. With that said, my comment was directed largely toward Catholicism. Are there Catholics who are Christian, yes. But there are many that just attend for the motion. Atleast that is my observation and what some who "practice" have told me. The Catholic church is the biggest business in the world and control much more than what we believe. The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Apographa are the tip of the iceburg. Imagine what else they havent allowed to be published. I don't pray or offer offerings to anyone, but God. Take my opinion for what it's worth.
Of ALL “Christian” denominations there are exactly two who seem to be able to single out the Catholic Church to smash and trash...
Baptists and Jehovah’s Witnesses. Don’t get me started. Growing up in the South and wearing a school uniform marked us as Catholic and the target of other kids who were teased or ridiculed. My kids were told by classmates who went to a Baptist mega church that they weren’t real Christians.
I have zero patience with persons who are immersed in a “faith” that refuses to respect other faiths. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you are a Christian.
Beyond that worry about your own house of faith.
Otherwise add that to lists of hypocrites.

In Matthew 7:21–23, Jesus is recorded as saying:

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ ”
I forget. Was Nazareth a one-party or two-party consent state regarding recording?

It bottles my mind that even though humans can't retell anything they've experienced (let alone merely heard about) 100% accurately 30 minutes or an hour later, all over the world laws about proper living are made and people are judged and shunned, sometimes tortured or executed, based on the grapevine "word of God" (whichever God or Gods that might be), as told and retold and reinterpreted and cobbled together from shreds of ancient papyrus or God-knows-what and otherwise massaged for convenience, linguistically butchered, fabricated just to fill in the gaps here and there, etc. over thousands of years. But it's all THE TRUTH. Versions 1 through Version 1,035,487.
Yeh, that all seems totally legit.

Goldie, that isn't true unless you're wheelchair bound and we all know you're vibrant. :)

Just do it for your self-interest. Get saved vs. the alternative.

We have argued this before a few years ago.
I went to a very strict and very religious Catholic School and I’d suggest that you mind your own business and save your own soul.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Last edited:
I forget. Was Nazareth a one-party or two-party consent state regarding recording?

It bottles my mind that even though humans can't retell anything they've experienced (let alone merely heard about) 100% accurately 30 minutes or an hour later, all over the world laws about proper living are made and people are judged and shunned, sometimes tortured or executed, based on the grapevine "word of God" (whichever God or Gods that might be), as told and retold and reinterpreted and cobbled together from shreds of ancient papyrus or God-knows-what and otherwise massaged for convenience, linguistically butchered, fabricated just to fill in the gaps here and there, etc. over thousands of years. But it's all THE TRUTH. Versions 1 through Version 1,035,487.
Yeh, that all seems totally legit.

Have you ever talked to a Vietnam vet??

I have.

1968 was 55 years ago!

The first part New Testament was written within 30 years of Jesus's crucifixion.

That's like 1992 compared to today. I'm sure you remember those days. :)

That's a very short time in ancient history.

Last edited:
The food is fantastic lol... do you cook any of it yourself? What's your favorite?
Sorry, missed this one. Yep, I love the food too much (unfortunately, since it's definitely not health food.) I do cook a lot of it, but I tend to bastardize it with all kinds of other stuff, make it spicier, etc.

My favorites are probably the sweet noodle kugels of all different variations - just ate a big slice now, bagels and lox, whitefish salad, chopped liver, NY Jewish deli sandwiches, latkes with sour cream and apple sauce, matzoh ball soup if I'm in a comfort food mood (but otherwise usually avoid it since those matzoh balls just take up room that could be allocated to tastier stuff), all the Passover Seder foods (charoset, etc.), it's all good. Legit chocolate babka for sure. Mostly the Ashkenazic foods vs. Sephardic, but I do like how the Sephardics put raisins in everything... which reminds me, sweet and sour stuffed cabbage is also great.

Wish there were a good Jewish deli in Tally, there's not even a legit Jewish deli in Jax anymore (talking a New York or Miami style Jewish deli like the old Wormans, as opposed to an Israeli kosher restaurant.)

I can't tell if you're just playing around in this thread (which has become pretty awesome btw) or truly believe that those who don't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior are destined to burn in Hell? Like not just spend a week or two in Hogtown but actually way down below in eternal flames with Satan and all that.

I'm completely serious in this thread.

If people reject Jesus explicitly, they CHOOSE Hell. That's the key word: Choose.

Now if someone is ignorant and doesn't know the truth, they have the possibility of salvation. That's only fair. :)

Jesus is universal savior and it's up to us to choose or reject Him during this fleeting life.

Everyone gets perfect justice.

• Love
I'm completely serious in this thread.

If people reject Jesus explicitly, they CHOOSE Hell. That's the key word: Choose.

Now if someone is ignorant and doesn't know the truth, they have the possibility of salvation. That's only fair. :)

Jesus is universal savior and it's up to us to choose or reject Him during this fleeting life.

Everyone gets perfect justice.
I certainly don't reject anybody else's right to believe in Jesus as Christ/universal savior (or Allah or Vajrapāṇi, Mañjuśrī and/or Avalokiteśvara or any other deity or no deity at all.)

But I do "reject" believing in Jesus for myself as anything more than an important figure of ancient history who reportedly did and taught some awesome things, and whom others consider with more reverence than do I.

So, other than that one glitch in fate and choice, if I live an otherwise pretty Golden Rule-consistent life, am I still destined to burn in eternal flames?

I certainly don't reject anybody else's right to believe in Jesus as Christ/universal savior (or Allah or Vajrapāṇi, Mañjuśrī and/or Avalokiteśvara or any other deity or no deity at all.)

But I do "reject" believing in Jesus for myself as anything more than an important figure of ancient history who reportedly did and taught some awesome things, and whom others consider with more reverence than do I.

So, other than that one glitch in fate and choice, if I live an otherwise pretty Golden Rule-consistent life, am I still destined to burn in eternal flames?
Hopefully not. Maybe you end up with 69 virgins instead of 70. Minus 1 virgin per glitch.

btw, brief commercial interruption to give a big gratitude shoutout to DFS and the entire new regime here... under NoSoul and his evil henchmen, we would never have been allowed to keep this thread going this long with all the taboo subjects covered.
Thanks.

I don't think phone surveys are very reliable in this case.

A better guage, IMO, is attendance at religious services and 80% of Americans don't attend each week.

Also, American culture's overall hostility to Christianity.

At this rate, churches will be gone in a couple decades.

Mass attendance is less than 5% in Ireland today. And it has nothing to do with faith.

btw, brief commercial interruption to give a big gratitude shoutout to DFS and the entire new regime here... under NoSoul and his evil henchmen, we would never have been allowed to keep this thread going this long with all the taboo subjects covered.
Thanks.
In a perverse way, I think “NoSoul” contributes hugely to the success of this site. “NoSoul” (needlessly) alienated TONS of Gene’s customers, even great ones. Gene did not seem to care. Interesting approach. Whatever.

Rivals keeps muting me which is why I haven't responded to you faster.

You seem pretty saintly to me! My advice: pray as much as you can.

Your eternal fate isn't up to me. I'd recommend just asking Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Wait 6 months. Try sitting at a Mass.

You will see that He is real. :)

Masstimes.org

I don’t think Brian went to Catholic school. We kids who had nuns and priests are NOT as dogmatic because we survived those nuns and priests. Literally.

I went to Catholic school from 1st grade through high school and was an atheist age 22 to 33 heavily into Nietszche, Schopenhauer and Camus.

Some priests and nuns are awful and some are saints.

Saint Teresa of Avila said the road to Hell is paved with the skulls of bishops. :(

Don't leave Jesus because of Judas!

Rivals keeps muting me which is why I haven't responded to you faster.

You seem pretty saintly to me! My advice: pray as much as you can.

Your eternal fate isn't up to me. I'd recommend just asking Jesus if He is real. Be patient. Wait 6 months. Try sitting at a Mass.

You will see that He is real. :)

Masstimes.org
Thanks for the nice words, and I have no doubt that Jesus is (or at least was) real. Just not my savior. I think I'm good with my form of Judaism though, but thanks for the invite. Best to you. Go Noles!

I went to Catholic school from 1st grade through high school and was an atheist age 22 to 33 heavily into Nietszche, Schopenhauer and Camus.

Some priests and nuns are awful and some are saints.

Saint Teresa of Avila said the road to Hell is paved with the skulls of bishops. :(

Don't leave Jesus because of Judas!
My mother made us go to church as kids, Sunday school, Sunday service, Sunday night, Wednesday ect… I would always get in trouble for asking why, how and where’s the proof? One day my Dad stepped in and told me “if there be a devil you’ll find him at church”. I didn’t go back.

Someone is right on the whole religion thing but we’re not smart enough to know who it is.

My mother made us go to church as kids, Sunday school, Sunday service, Sunday night, Wednesday ect… I would always get in trouble for asking why, how and where’s the proof? One day my Dad stepped in and told me “if there be a devil you’ll find him at church”. I didn’t go back.

Someone is right on the whole religion thing but we’re not smart enough to know who it is.

Christianity all comes down to the historical person of Jesus. It's pretty simple.

Here's a 1 minute video with the basics:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12Nole
God doesn’t live inside a sanctuary or a tabernacle or any building. You don’t have to sign in at a church every Sunday unless that’s a personal choice you wish to make and I have no issue with that.
God is everywhere for every soul on this Earth. Those of all faiths have a conscience.
Ask the Lord to come into your heart, and live by his Commandments. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Know that we are imperfect beings and that God forgives those who ask for forgiveness.
The Lenten season is also a good time to reflect on these things.

God doesn’t live inside a sanctuary or a tabernacle or any building. You don’t have to sign in at a church every Sunday unless that’s a personal choice you wish to make and I have no issue with that.
God is everywhere for every soul on this Earth. Those of all faiths have a conscience.
Ask the Lord to come into your heart, and live by his Commandments. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
Know that we are imperfect beings and that God forgives those who ask for forgiveness.

That's not really what Jesus said, though. He gave us a Church with sacraments as the means to salvation. He said we need the Eucharist.

We really need a Church to be saved, IMO. It's only 1 hour a week. Most of us are on our phones 6 hours a day. :)

I know that 80% of Americans don't agree. My job is to inform, not convince.

Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

John 6:53-57

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12Nole
^^^^Best post in the thread.
My thoughts exactly. Rarely go to church anymore, would often ge t in my boat, hit the open water, cut the engine, and pray..... then crack open an ice cold Budweiser. Best service I ever went to, and there was no collection tray.

Reactions: goldmom
That's not really what Jesus said, though. He gave us a Church with sacraments as the means to salvation. He said we need the Eucharist.

We really need a Church to be saved, IMO. It's only 1 hour a week. Most of us are on our phones 6 hours a day. :)

If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink."
But Jesus never said you have to do it every Sunday at 9AM did he?

^^^^Best post in the thread.
My thoughts exactly. Rarely go to church anymore, would often ge t in my boat, hit the open water, cut the engine, and pray..... then crack open an ice cold Budweiser. Best service I ever went to, and there was no collection tray.

America's downfall will be when the Churches end in a couple decades, IMHO.

But Jesus never said you have to do it every Sunday at 9AM did he?
23 Let’s hold firmly to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let’s consider how to [i]encourage one another in love and good deeds, 25 not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Hebrews 10: 23-25

• Love
23 Let’s hold firmly to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; 24 and let’s consider how to [i]encourage one another in love and good deeds, 25 not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Hebrews 10: 23-25
You could say we’re meeting right now in His name...🙏

I am a Christian. Raised Baptist and currently attend an Assemblies of God church. I know we are all hypocrites and fall short. With that said, my comment was directed largely toward Catholicism. Are there Catholics who are Christian, yes. But there are many that just attend for the motion. Atleast that is my observation and what some who "practice" have told me. The Catholic church is the biggest business in the world and control much more than what we believe. The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Apographa are the tip of the iceburg. Imagine what else they havent allowed to be published. I don't pray or offer offerings to anyone, but God. Take my opinion for what it's worth.
That holds true for all of humanity; regardless of affiliation.

“We really need a Church to be saved, IMO. It's only 1 hour a week. Most of us are on our phones 6 hours a day.

obama-mic-drop.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT