ADVERTISEMENT

Do you prefer the extreme heat or extreme cold? Have to choose one..

I used to say the beach and the heat but the older I get a cabin in the hills with a fireplace and a stack of wood sounds pretty appealing...
Yep. I grew up in North Florida and thrived in the heat/humidity.... But always enjoyed the little bit of cold weather that would visit our area.
Moved to southern Appalachian mountains at 21 and will likely never live in a hot spot again. We have, some years, fairly cold weather... But it is easy to stay comfortable.
If you watch farm workers, they always layer up like Arabs in order to stay cool. They keep the sun off of bare skin. You can't get cooler, if active outside, by exposing your skin.
We have such easy access to good gear these days in order to stay warm in the winter, fall, or spring. It really is easy to be comfortable.
Face it, most people don't spend much time outside today anyway. Most leave their residence, get in a vehicle, and walk into another building before doing the reverse. Staying warm or cool outside is just a matter of moments at a time for many when the weather is most extreme.

I'll take the heat as long as it's humid. Can't stand dry heat.

It was hot as all get out today on longboat though. No wind at all through the day. I usually just hang out on the boat, eat lunch and read on my charters while my passengers play in the water. Today, I jumped in and relaxed under the bridge deck in the water and in the shade. My job doesn't suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT