ADVERTISEMENT

Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land

Am I a living con
Just seems like a roll-call where every business or enterprise needs to "confirm" through some silly gesture that they are not bigots or racists. Meanwhile, what these businesses really do outside the visibility of the public remains totally unchanged. It's all a stunt. Sad.

Next Headline: Man Kills Wife For Not Having His Dinner Cooked.

Fallout: Episodes of Leave it to Beaver pulled from airwaves: Barbara Billingsley's June Cleaver is the enemy for women's equality.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Maybe, but the Bandits car was part of a criminal enterprise. The General helped countless folk who had nowhere else to turn, jumped more bridges and cars, won more races and had a cooler entry method.

Not to mention all the straighten'd curves and flatt'nd hills...the DOT tax dollars saved was surely countless.

Maybe, but the Bandits car was part of a criminal enterprise. The General helped countless folk who had nowhere else to turn, jumped more bridges and cars, won more races and had a cooler entry method.

Ummm....the General Lee was carrying illegal hooch from Jesse's still

Dukes of Hazzard Star Slams TV Land For Pulling Reruns: ‘You’re Missing the Point’

The Dukes of Hazzard
TV series was drawn into the great debate over the Confederate flag when Warner Brothers decided to stop licensing any products that showed the iconic flag-decalled car, the General Lee. When TV Land decided to stop showing reruns on its nostalgia block as well, former Hazzard star John Schneider (Bo Duke) blasted the decision, insisting that the show’s content was not based on racism.

The Dukes of Hazzard was and is no more a show seated in racism than Breaking Bad was a show seated in reality,” Schenider told The Hollywood Reporter. “Those who seek to malign the show because the famous car it featured had a Confederate flag painted on the roof are missing the point.”

Schneider’s statements echoed the opinions previously expressed by co-star Ben Jones, saying that the show’s use of the flag was to represent chivalry, rebelliousness, and other aspects of Southern culture. On the subject of Dylann Roof, the Charleston shooter who was inspired by the flag’s racist connotations, Schneider lamented how one person’s actions were able to cast the entire show into such a negative light.

“Are people who grew up watching the show now suddenly racists?” Schneider asked hypothetically. “Come on, TV Land, can’t we all just watch TV?”

In the movie, but not the show. In the show they were reformed bootleggers.

Regardless, Bandit's car also had a Confederate flag on it, though a smaller one.

Oh, I always that that was the subtle secret of what they were doing. Like I said, I liked CHIPS better....however, it was weird that no black people lived in Hazzard County, GA - at least to a kid growing up in Bakersfield, Ca.

In the movie, but not the show. In the show they were reformed bootleggers.

Regardless, Bandit's car also had a Confederate flag on it, though a smaller one.

Great! Now reruns of Smokey and the Bandit will be gone.

3e2a20d80.jpg

After the Bandit and the Duke Boys are purged from the airwaves, next up will be that little racist film called Breakfast at Tiffanys. It's #2 on the 50 most racist movies list:

2. Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

hybftvlkwno7thwkw1ku.jpg

Director: Blake Edwards
Stars: Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Epsen, Martin Balsam, Mickey Rooney, Alan Reed

In the history of inexplicable Hollywood racism, Breakfast at Tiffany's takes the motherf'n rice cake. Nobody would've noticed had director Blake Edwards removed the random, inconsequential character of Mr. Yunioshi, gold digging Holly Golightly's bumbling, annoying Japanese neighbor, but there he is, sticking out like the two-inch buckteeth Mickey Rooney in yellowface sports to complete his look and ensure that the movie, like his portrayal, is ah-so disrespectfur.

How much ole Schneider make off royalties?

Sure thing bub, we're the ones missing the point...
You don't get to define people's intentions. Do you seriously think they put the flag on there with racist intentions? Do you not realize that at the time the show was popular, black people in the South proudly displayed the flag just as white people did?

Reactions: cbailey284
You don't get to define people's intentions. Do you seriously think they put the flag on there with racist intentions? Do you not realize that at the time the show was popular, black people in the South proudly displayed the flag just as white people did?

Bull$hit!!!!!!!!!!!

Byron-Thomas.jpg

The University of South Carolina Beaufort told 19-year-old Byron Thomas on Thursday he could keep the flag up, after the freshman was told two weeks ago to remove it because of student complaints.

University spokeswoman Candace Brasseur told the Beaufort Gazette that Thomas was initially asked to remove the flag because it violates a student code of conduct discouraging bigotry, but the school’s legal counsel ultimately advised the university to allow him to display the flag.

When he was first told in November to take the flag down, Thomas posted a four-minute video on YouTube saying he views the Confederate flag as a sign of Southern pride, not of racism, and was not going to remove it. The video was re-posted on CNN’s iReport, where it has been viewed more than 70,000 times.

“It’s not racist for me,” Thomas, a Georgia native, said in the video. “All it is is a symbol that I see as a sign of respect, and people don’t want to see it that way.”

Before the school relented, Thomas said he felt his First Amendment rights were being violated, and said he considered legal action if he was not allowed to display the flag.

A class project made him come to the realization that the flag’s real meaning has been hijacked, he told the Associated Press in an interview. He said he wants people to carefully consider issues of race and not just have knee-jerk reactions to symbols.

“When I look at this flag, I don’t see racism. I see respect, Southern pride,” he told the AP. “This flag was seen as a communication symbol” during the Civil War.

Thomas said he also dislikes the term “African American” because it makes him feel like a half-citizen.

“I was not born in Africa, I was born in Augusta, Georgia,” he said in the video.

Thomas said he’s received a huge outpouring of support since the ordeal began.

“I’ve been getting a lot of support from people. My generation is interested in freedom of speech,” Thomas said.

He said he talked to his parents — who grew up amid the Civil Rights movement — once the uproar started and said they weren’t happy about his decision to display it, though that probably won’t keep him from putting it up again.

“I don’t want to make my parents mad,” he said. “I may wait until Monday to put it up.”

Well...except for the black people in Hazzard County, of course.

Alaska, I'm not sure if you're arguing or agreeing with me. Either way, that story is from 2011. Back in the early 80's no one in the South considered the flag racist. It was no less common to see black people displaying the flag on their clothing or cars/trucks than it was with white people.

Alaska, I'm not sure if you're arguing or agreeing with me. Either way, that story is from 2011. Back in the early 80's no one in the South considered the flag racist. It was no less common to see black people displaying the flag on their clothing or cars/trucks than it was with white people.

Obnoxiously agreeing. It's my schtick.

For many Americans, the Confederate battle flag is an unmistakable symbol of slavery and oppression.

But for Karen Cooper, a black woman who was born in New York but later settled in Virginia, the flag embodies something else entirely.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” the ardent tea party supporter says in a video interview that’s been making the rounds online. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

Cooper is a member of the Virginia Flaggers, an activist group that rejects the idea that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate.

520111421_640.jpg

LINK: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/why-some-black-defenders-of-the-confederate-flag-believe-slavery-was-a-choice/

Ahhh, the ole 'this black guy thinks it isn't racist, so all black people shouldn't' routine. You realize that is, well, yanno, racist right?

I'm white. Clearly many of you are as well. I don't think you should agree with me because I'm white. See the difference?

As with anything on TV, we as free Americans have a
Ahhh, the ole 'this black guy thinks it isn't racist, so all black people shouldn't' routine. You realize that is, well, yanno, racist right?

I'm white. Clearly many of you are as well. I don't think you should agree with me because I'm white. See the difference?

Actually it's not.

rac·ism
noun: racism
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

[showing that there are some black people who do not feel the CBF is not racist isn't a form of racism.]

The simple point is, the blanket statement, "The Confederate Flag equates to racism" can't and shouldn't be made. There are white and black people that feel it's racist as well as white and black people who feel it isn't.

Part of our freedom is freedom of interpretation. Just because something means something to you doesn't mean that it means the same to me. If I don't like the flag on the General Lee, I have the freedom to change the channel...I've had that freedom since TV broadcasted its first show.

Public/Government displays of the flags, you (and others) have a point...similar to Nativity scenes. I'm a Christian and agree the Nativity has no business being displayed on public grounds.

Obnoxiously agreeing. It's my schtick.

For many Americans, the Confederate battle flag is an unmistakable symbol of slavery and oppression.

But for Karen Cooper, a black woman who was born in New York but later settled in Virginia, the flag embodies something else entirely.

“I actually think that it represents freedom,” the ardent tea party supporter says in a video interview that’s been making the rounds online. “It represents a people who stood up to tyranny.”

Cooper is a member of the Virginia Flaggers, an activist group that rejects the idea that the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and hate.

520111421_640.jpg

LINK: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/why-some-black-defenders-of-the-confederate-flag-believe-slavery-was-a-choice/

"As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race"- William Tappan Thompson, designer of the Confederate battle flag.

Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens, speaking at the Athenaeum in Savannah, Georgia:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. ... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."
Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.

To deny that there's a foundation of racism and racial inequality in the confederate flag is willful ignorance.

To deny that it was adopted and pushed by racist hate groups that took those foundations as gospel during the Civil Rights movement and desegregation is also willful ignorance. The KKK is coming to Charleston on July 18th to support the flag and its supporters. There's a massive internet ground swell of Neo-Nazi's, KKK and other white supremacist groups to show up on or near the same day.

I find it very interesting that the same group of people who support the right to wave the flag and the flag is all about history and heritage are the same group of people that say things like "black leaders need to step up and do something about their culture, it's being high jacked" or "Muslim leaders and religious figures need to speak up about these violent Islamic groups killing Americans under their religion".

The point is that issue is not as "black and white" as you think it is. You are trying to define the symbol for everyone, while it is obvious that not everyone feels the same way about it.

"As a people, we are fighting to maintain the heaven ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race"- William Tappan Thompson, designer of the Confederate battle flag.

Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens, speaking at the Athenaeum in Savannah, Georgia:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. ... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."
Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.

To deny that there's a foundation of racism and racial inequality in the confederate flag is willful ignorance.

To deny that it was adopted and pushed by racist hate groups that took those foundations as gospel during the Civil Rights movement and desegregation is also willful ignorance. The KKK is coming to Charleston on July 18th to support the flag and its supporters. There's a massive internet ground swell of Neo-Nazi's, KKK and other white supremacist groups to show up on or near the same day.

I find it very interesting that the same group of people who support the right to wave the flag and the flag is all about history and heritage are the same group of people that say things like "black leaders need to step up and do something about their culture, it's being high jacked" or "Muslim leaders and religious figures need to speak up about these violent Islamic groups killing Americans under their religion".
The battle flag represented the soldiers who fought against an invading force. Not the government itself. The stars and bars were the flag of the government. The overwhelming vast majority of soldiers did not own slaves, nor did they care about keeping the institution. The KKK vehemently supports the American flag and the Christian cross as well.m they don't get to define the symbols.

Alaskan, there were AA slaves who were opposed to abolishing slavery too, does that mean slavery wasn't so bad?

You're missing the point. Of course racism and slavery are horrible things...that is a universally shared opinion/fact for anyone not a racist.

WALLACE: Black History Month, you find ...

[Morgan] FREEMAN: Ridiculous.

WALLACE: Why?

FREEMAN: You're going to relegate my history to a month?

WALLACE: Come on.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

WALLACE: I'm Jewish.

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month?

WALLACE: There isn't one.

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one?

WALLACE: No, no.

FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

showing that there are some black people who do not feel the CBF is not racist isn't a form of racism.
When you use it as an argument for why ALL black people shouldn't think it is racist, it is.

But how about finding me a history professor that agrees with you? Or even maybe a black one? Just because you found someone as willfully ignorant of historical fact as the proponents' of the CBF, who is also black, doesn't really do anything to support your argument.

When you use it as an argument for why ALL black people shouldn't think it is racist, it is.

But how about finding me a history professor that agrees with you? Or even maybe a black one? Just because you found someone as willfully ignorant of historical fact as the proponents' of the CBF, who is also black, doesn't really do anything to support your argument.

I never said, ALL...and why would I since my argument is against grouping everyone's opinion into a singular voice...that's how the small voice gets lost. If the small voice gets lost, gone are the rights of the women, LBGT, etc.

My simple point is this.

Racism is bad.

The Dukes of Hazard has zero bearing on racism.

Quit wasting time on the things that don't matter (the General Lee) and focus on the things that do.

Removing the Duke Boys from the air waves will have no impact on racism, today, tomorrow or 100 years from now.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
The battle flag represented the soldiers who fought against an invading force. Not the government itself. The stars and bars were the flag of the government. The overwhelming vast majority of soldiers did not own slaves, nor did they care about keeping the institution. The KKK vehemently supports the American flag and the Christian cross as well.m they don't get to define the symbols.

.....and I said as much in another thread but that's not an excuse. Those that wanted to go to war used several tactics to get people to fight for them and one was racism, hate and white supremacy. Absolutely that a lot of the soldiers were just farmers who wanted to protect their family, land and property. But it's also absolutely true that those in power wanted to maintain that power and slavery and white superiority over the colored race was a another true factor.

Just like the segregated south, I'm sure a lot of nice people weren't racist but they also did nothing to change the dynamic around them. They were caught up in the perception of what people might think of them if they talked to blacks or if they tried to treat blacks as equal.

This argument that they don't get to define it is fine but it's a sullied symbol that was allowed to be tarnished by racist white supremacist that murdered, beat up and tried to run out black people just because the color of their skin and because they felt they were the superior race. Black people were burned, hung, decapitated, dragged to their deaths behind vehicles all because they were black and seen as an inferior subhuman race. It's right up their in a statement from those that supported the confederacy in speeches and statements.

Sure the KKK burned crosses and flew the American flag but there sure as hell was a lot of effort over the last 100 years to change any minor damage they did to the image of those symbols. You know, the Civil Rights movement where people didn't fly the American flag while holding signs that read "GO HOME N_WORD!!!" or "Your kind not welcome here". There were no racist American flag waving groups that bombed churches or son's of the south universities that beat people for trying to get an education. Of states that flew the confederate flag that rioted b/c they allowed blacks into their schools.

Totally the same symbolism.

Reactions: tommynole3476
I know you hate the violent "video game" comparison, but follow me for a bit longer on it.

Instead of working on programs to get kids out from in front of their TV/gaming consoles and programs to foster stronger parent/children relationships, we go after the video game makers to solve the issue. How does this solve the problem? Get to the core.

If people think the General Lee is at the "core" then we're in worse shape than I thought.

Tommy, I think the Duke's argument is simpler than that. It's not about racism anymore. It's the absurdity of our recent culture to overeact and become keyboard activists on an issue only when it is neatly wrapped up and presented to us by 1 second clicks, selfies, and links. All the while in the tabs to the right are youporn and devil music.

I was going to joke last week about the man taking away dukes of hazzard, welp... Jeezus, ok, whatever. But how far is this frenzy going to go? If we ban my boys Buckwheat and Alfalfa then I'm going to be offended...slightly...and only when I read the internets.

No one thinks that the General Lee is at the core of the problem.

It's always interesting when people try to compare the American Flag, or other symbols used by hate groups to the CBF. Which isn't completely invalid, some really terrible things have been done while being represented by the American Flag or Cross, etc. But the American Flag has also had several times where it was able to redeem itself, can anyone point to a time when the CBF did that?

You're missing the point. Of course racism and slavery are horrible things...that is a universally shared opinion/fact for anyone not a racist.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

Would be ideal. However, these idyllic statements of race relations in the US, ignore the fact the equality and integration is a relatively new thing in America. Brown v. Board of Education was passed only in 1951 - the fighting and forced implementation continued on for 15 years after the decision. In 1970 an all white Alabama football team was defeated by an integrated USC--the Alabama team was all white because Bear Bryant was a racist and would not integrate. Of course, he did after getting whipped. I believe Arkansas didn't integrate until 1974, Ole Miss 1972. In 1983, Jim Mattox, the AG for the state of Texas, issued an opinion after being asked by the county clerks if they had to issue a marriage license to mix race couples after the SCOTUS decision in Loving v. Virginia. 1983!

The pushback or fight against these symbols is being done by a group of citizens that were (1) never included in the decision to put up the symbols in the first place; (2) were excluded and ostracized by the majority until very recently. So maybe it's going a little too far or a little too silly (as taking the Dukes off TVLand), but give it time, the pendulum will eventually settle in the middle (land of reason, as I like to call it)

Reactions: Rhino_nole
Would be ideal. However, these idyllic statements of race relations in the US, ignore the fact the equality and integration is a relatively new thing in America. Brown v. Board of Education was passed only in 1951 - the fighting and forced implementation continued on for 15 years after the decision. In 1970 an all white Alabama football team was defeated by an integrated USC--the Alabama team was all white because Bear Bryant was a racist and would not integrate. Of course, he did after getting whipped. I believe Arkansas didn't integrate until 1974, Ole Miss 1972. In 1983, Jim Mattox, the AG for the state of Texas, issued an opinion after being asked by the county clerks if they had to issue a marriage license to mix race couples after the SCOTUS decision in Loving v. Virginia. 1983!

The pushback or fight against these symbols is being done by a group of citizens that were (1) never included in the decision to put up the symbols in the first place; (2) were excluded and ostracized by the majority until very recently. So maybe it's going a little too far or a little too silly (as taking the Dukes off TVLand), but give it time, the pendulum will eventually settle in the middle (land of reason, as I like to call it)

I think another poster mentioned it earlier in the thread...while this has been ongoing it picked up ridiculous speed and reach based on recent events. It's a knee-jerk reaction with no real bearing on the situation itself. That is my beef.

You're being extremely intellectually dishonest by including one person's contrarian remarks. If a majority of African America people are against this particular position, Morgan Freeman, a rich millionaire Hollywood star, is not representative of their position.

You're being extremely intellectually dishonest by including one person's contrarian remarks. If a majority of African America people are against this particular position, Morgan Freeman, a rich millionaire Hollywood star, is not representative of their position.

How many remarks do you require for it to be relevant to the discussion?

Again with the majority rules mantra.

If we keep going after "things" instead of "issues" society will look like this and there will be zero culture, zero individualism. We'll all dress the same, speak the same, drive the same cars and live in cookie-cutter houses in order to not offend someone. Sounds crazy, but the next thing you know they'll pull the G-rated Dukes of Hazard show because it's offensive.

abnegationcollage.JPG

Again with the majority rules mantra.

If we keep going after "things" instead of "issues" society will look like this and there will be zero culture, zero individualism. We'll all dress the same, speak the same, drive the same cars and live in cookie-cutter houses in order to not offend someone. Sounds crazy, but the next thing you know they'll pull the G-rated Dukes of Hazard show because it's offensive.

abnegationcollage.JPG

Again, I don't necessarily see the point for withdrawing the show. If the CBF was the problem they could've digitally blurred, assuming the show had nothing else that could be offensive along those particular lines. Have you considered they wanted to ditch it because of crappy viewership numbers and used this as an excuse?

Also my argument was that you could not use Freeman's comments (from a decade back - 2005) as a representation for the majority who think otherwise, today in 2015. He's entitled to this opinion and that's it.

I think the point Alaskan is making is that the Flag means different things to many people. So just because yours or someone else's saying it means one thing automatically means it should mean the same thing to everyone else. And anyone that says it doesn't mean something is wrong. But the understanding is there and agreement that it doesn't belong on government buildings etc is there. Assuming everyone that is waiving the confederate flag is doing it because they support racism or slavery is certainly you're right.

But if someone wearing it says, that isn't what it means to them. They could say it means to them just they are from the South and are displaying it proudly because many Yankees have a preconception that Southerners are stupid, ignorant inbreds and are inferior to them in intelligence and education. So they proudly want to display they are from the South and there isn't another symbol that would be immediately recognized as such. Why can't we believe an individual that says that just because our opinion differs or that a good bit of people also displaying it are racist? They are no more right to tell you that it absolutely doesn't universally mean support of racism or slavery than you are to tell them it absolutely does. It does to you and it doesn't to them. You and they disagree.

There isn't a number because it isn't relevant.

How about this? Present me with a historical fact. Much like I, and Rhino, and some other have done, that counters the argument that the CBF is a racist symbol.

For example; the CBF never flew in any official manner in the state of South Carolina until 1961, and was done so as a protest to desegregation. Now your turn.

Again, I don't necessarily see the point for withdrawing the show. If the CBF was the problem they could've digitally blurred, assuming the show had nothing else that could be offensive along those particular lines. Have you considered they wanted to ditch it because of crappy viewership numbers and used this as an excuse?

Also my argument was that you could not use Freeman's comments (from a decade back - 2005) as a representation for the majority who think otherwise, today in 2015. He's entitled to this opinion and that's it.

If it was pulled for low ratings. That is fine. That's not what happened, though:

"...TV Land yanked twice-daily reruns of the show earlier this week due to controversy over the Confederate flag emblazoned on the roof of the 1969 Dodge Charger driven by its central characters, Bo and Luke Duke."

If this was an excuse, it's a pretty lame one.

The point of Morgan Freeman's quote(s) was that I'm in agreement with his idea, not that everyone agrees with him. As you can see from this thread, it's impossible for everyone to agree. This is why I'm such a proponent for the freedom to change the channel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT