ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution ='s Scientific fact?

I’m confused as usual!

Are you saying you believe in “creation”, and “evolution “?

Interesting. A creationist who believes the earth was created by some entity of which they have no proof is saying evolution is false because there is no proof.

The big take away here is that nobody knows. Nobody was around 4.5 billion years ago to take notes on what happened between now and then. Just like we don't know if there is real global warming or climate change. We have nothing but recent history to compare it to. Even events from the Bible (or similar texts) are accounts from humans of things that happened in relative recent history with little to no actual proof of them happening. Same goes for evolution, global warming, climate change, black holes ect... Nobody really knows one way or another.

Personally, I don't know who is right. All I know is something happened that caused us to be here. How or what that was or is I'm not sure.

I’m confused as usual!

Are you saying you believe in “creation”, and “evolution “?
Many believe that adaptation and natural selection are proof of evolution. They are not. As to creation I don't know the answer or the mechanism by which a new species occurs. The fossil record of alleged transitional species is just not there in the numbers that should be in the fossil record.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Would be interesting to know since he said his degree was in history...
Good, I'm not the only one that read that as trying to imply a scientific background. Also, interesting is someone who professes such ardent theism believing in evolution. Not saying I disagree but an odd stance.

Good, I'm not the only one that read that as trying to imply a scientific background. Also, interesting is someone who professes such ardent theism believing in evolution. Not saying I disagree but an odd stance.
Yeah, noticed that too, edited my post. I just hope Opus Dei doesn't find out... Bible study with Brian must ruffle some feathers amongst those God-fearing Catholics...

• Haha
Reactions: noletaire
I looked it up. His scientific background is in infectious diseases and virology. He worked with Fauci... He pretty much created the COVID vaccine for Moderna all by himself in his garage.

• Haha
I looked it up. His scientific background is in infectious diseases and virology. He worked with Fauci... He pretty much created the COVID vaccine for Moderna all by himself in his garage.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: trunole1
Lol, no, it's not.

Catholics are free to believe in evolution.

So, if one were to ask whether some species of animal, say hippopotamus or giraffe, arose through a sequence of natural secondary causes within the plot of the universe, as described by evolution, or because God wrote the plot of the universe that way, the answer a Catholic would give is both.

As long as you add that god had a hand in it according to the article.

So, if one were to ask whether some species of animal, say hippopotamus or giraffe, arose through a sequence of natural secondary causes within the plot of the universe, as described by evolution, or because God wrote the plot of the universe that way, the answer a Catholic would give is both.

As long as you add that god had a hand in it according to the article.
Both are just unproven theories. That was my only point.

I grew up in a very religious household. everything we had (or didn't have in our case) was due to the glory of God and you had to acknowledge that every chance you got. I was new in high school and they were teaching evolution which of course didn't go over well at home. One day my mother with the help of a few aunts and grandparents proceeded to tell me that it was all made up and God created heaven and earth and all that's in it. Every question was met with some explanation from the bible. At one point I asked about the dinosaurs and why they weren't in the bible. The answer was that 7 days in the bible doesn't really mean 7 days and many things happened in that time but rest assured God still created (and destroyed) all of it. At that point I realized what was happening and left the conversation.

My point is that both could be right or maybe were all wrong and aliens put us here. Nobody really knows which is why creation and evolution stories are what they are. There's a way out of each argument.

As a Christian man I believe in Creation and one Creator!

As far as evolution of man I could only view man’s evolution as to just how far from believing there’s one God almighty they have come since the Fall in the garden

But everyone has an opinion and free will to believe in what they want

Brian, I am confused by your response that you believe in both!

So are you saying man has evolved as Darwin has stated?

Or that God has created the heavens and earth, its inhabitants including man and woman?

To accept Darwinism is to deny God as Creator is it not?

I’m having trouble understanding how someone can say both are correct

Or that God has created the heavens and earth, its inhabitants including man and woman?

I believe in intelligent design. It probably happened over 6 billion years or so.

Our concept of time is different on Earth compared to outside of space and time where God is.

I don't believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and I'm not a fundamentalist protestant. :)

• Haha
Reactions: noletaire
Here’s where I stand: no one knows. Maybe it’s intelligent design and maybe it’s not. No one actually knows. They can believe in a concept or have faith in something but I find it wild that anyone talks with any degree of certainty. Most likely neither our science or religion is even close to understanding/explaining it. Humans have a massive desire to explain everything bc we think we’re the smartest beings in the universe. Chances are however all of this started is impossible for our tiny little human brains to comprehend. Same as it would be impossible for my dog to comprehend algebra.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Here’s where I stand: no one knows. Maybe it’s intelligent design and maybe it’s not. No one actually knows. They can believe in a concept or have faith in something but I find it wild that anyone talks with any degree of certainty. Most likely neither our science or religion is even close to understanding/explaining it. Humans have a massive desire to explain everything bc we think we’re the smartest beings in the universe. Chances are however all of this started is impossible for our tiny little human brains to comprehend. Same as it would be impossible for my dog to comprehend algebra.
Well stated.

For years I was all in on evolution until I became aware of the sparse fossil record of transitional species.

The mechanism remains a mystery from my view. Simply put where are all the cat/dogs or dog/cats in the fossil record? I remain skeptical of the newly discovered cat or dog humans on the planet. lol

Last edited:
You should actually look up the definition of theory
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.

an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.

Creation is a theory just like evolution is. Both fit into the definition of theory above and both are unproven.

That way your not wrong.

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.

an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.

Creation is a theory just like evolution is. Both fit into the definition of theory above and both are unproven.

Lmao

Song dedicated (without angst) for both sides of the discussion.

No, it's laughing at your ignorance
How so? That I think creation is a theory or evolution or perhaps both? Not sure what side of the fence you're on here. If you're going to name call at least present an argument.

Reactions: trunole1
Okay let’s remove every religious document (Bible, Koran) from the discussion. Do your research and let me know if you come up with creationism. 😜

Okay let’s remove every religious document (Bible, Koran) from the discussion. Do your research and let me know if you come up with creationism. 😜
I have stated many times I don't know what mechanism is involved in the creation of new species on Earth. Evolution or Creation remain unproven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT