ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution ='s Scientific fact?

Okay let’s remove every religious document (Bible, Koran) from the discussion. Do your research and let me know if you come up with creationism. 😜
Good point. I’m not sure I would come up with either.

To reiterate reed's point: scientific theories are never proven, by definition. Nothing in science ever is, including evolution. (Scientific Proof is a Myth) Proof is the realm of mathematicians and lawyers, not scientists.

Evolution is, however, currently a scientific fact, as it has been widely observed, replicated, and used successfully to predict future development by many independent scientists. This scientific fact, like all scientific facts, is forever subject to skepticism, scrutiny, and revision. (Science and Evolution)

Creationism is a theory, but it is not a scientific theory. Creationism is based in faith, which is defined by the absence of scientific evidence. Brian's acceptance of evolution as a scientific fact and his belief in creationism are not in conflict, and it reflects the perspectives of most the Catholic people I have known.

An accurate understanding of both creationism and evolution should lead to the conclusion that they are no more in conflict than gravity and Lucifer's fall from Heaven.
Reed had no point. All that was stated was that there was no understanding of theory. While there is more evidence to support the theory of evolution it does contain gaps just not as many as creationism.

I don’t know which side is right. Maybe both. Maybe neither.

How so? That I think creation is a theory or evolution or perhaps both? Not sure what side of the fence you're on here. If you're going to name call at least present an argument.

Name calling? Lmao. Ignorance just means uneducated and that is what you are with respect to the scientific method..There's multiple lines of independent, separate evidence for each of the Big Bang, creation of our solar system, and evolution. Creationism has a book written by man at a time when we thought the Earth was the center of the universe.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Name calling? Lmao. Ignorance just means uneducated and that is what you are with respect to the scientific method..There's multiple lines of independent, separate evidence for each of the Big Bang, creation of our solar system, and evolution. Creationism has a book written by man at a time when we thought the Earth was the center of the universe.

Keep in mind the scientist who created the Big Bang Theory was a Catholic priest from Belgium. :)

Reactions: fsu1jreed
1. : an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events. [count] a widely accepted scientific theory.

All I'm saying is that both evolution and creationism fit into the category of theory. Even if one is accepted as scientific fact. I'm not for or against either side although more evidence exists to support evolution. Although I do wonder where that missing link is.

1. : an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events. [count] a widely accepted scientific theory.

All I'm saying is that both evolution and creationism fit into the category of theory. Even if one is accepted as scientific fact. I'm not for or against either side although more evidence exists to support evolution. Although I do wonder where that missing link is.

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world and universe that can be repeatedly tested and corroborated in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

Explain how creationism fits with that

A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world and universe that can be repeatedly tested and corroborated in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.

Explain how creationism fits with that
Creationism is an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events. Does it do that well? No. I think the second part of that definition was an example.

Are you arguing that creationism isn't a theory? I can buy that. What would you call it? Story? Wives' tale?

Creationism is an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events. Does it do that well? No. I think the second part of that definition was an example.

Are you arguing that creationism isn't a theory? I can buy that. What would you call it? Story? Wives' tale?

Is it based upon the scientific method? Creationism is nothing but a fable

Last edited:
Is it based upon the scientific method?
I'm not a creationist. Nor do I believe in it. This might break it down a bit more.

The idea of creationism is a good example of a non-scientific theory because it cannot be falsified. "I can envision observations and experiments that would disprove any evolutionary theory I know," writes Gould, "but I cannot imagine what potential data could lead creationists to abandon their beliefs.

Are you saying that all theory is only scientific? What about category theory or sociological theory?

I'm not a creationist. Nor do I believe in it. This might break it down a bit more.

The idea of creationism is a good example of a non-scientific theory because it cannot be falsified. "I can envision observations and experiments that would disprove any evolutionary theory I know," writes Gould, "but I cannot imagine what potential data could lead creationists to abandon their beliefs.

Are you saying that all theory is only scientific? What about category theory or sociological theory?

The only theory that I know is through the scientific method

How old do you think the Earth and humanity are?

Just curious.

To be totally honest I don’t know.

When I meet Jesus in person I am hopeful that All my questions will be resolved!

Brian my friend, I believe what I believe, and I am happy with that! Years ago threads like these would get me riled up and mostly make an ass of myself

Brain is familiar with how I used to be, and hopefully he and others see a different attitude from itch, a kinder gentler person

I appreciate others views now and won’t puff up if those views are different than mine. Nor will I throw barbs at them or mock them !

To finally answer your question, I would say humanity is old enough to have a history, one that has great conquests and great failings

I wish it was old enough to not keep repeating itself , stop hating, be kind and forgiving, and at least follow the Ten Commandments!

To be totally honest I don’t know.

When I meet Jesus in person I am hopeful that All my questions will be resolved!

Brian my friend, I believe what I believe, and I am happy with that! Years ago threads like these would get me riled up and mostly make an ass of myself

Brain is familiar with how I used to be, and hopefully he and others see a different attitude from itch, a kinder gentler person

I appreciate others views now and won’t puff up if those views are different than mine. Nor will I throw barbs at them or mock them !

To finally answer your question, I would say humanity is old enough to have a history, one that has great conquests and great failings

I wish it was old enough to not keep repeating itself , stop hating, be kind and forgiving, and at least follow the Ten Commandments!

Amen, brother!

I read this article a few years ago and it rocked my world. 😀

The only theory that I know is through the scientific method
Star Trek Ok GIF

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary and trunole1
Amen, brother!

I read this article a few years ago and it rocked my world. 😀

To argue with a fool proves there are two!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT