ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid death stats were grossly overexxagerated. From two controlled poplulations, without doctors guessing at cause of death:

1) The one situation where an entire, closed population was tested was the Diamond Princess cruise ship and its quarantine passengers. The case fatality rate there was 1.0%, but this was a largely elderly population, in which the death rate from Covid-19 is much higher.

Projecting the Diamond Princess mortality rate onto the age structure of the U.S. population, the death rate among people infected with Covid-19 would be 0.125%. But since this estimate is based on extremely thin data — there were just seven deaths among the 700 infected passengers and crew — the real death rate could stretch from five times lower (0.025%) to five times higher (0.625%).

2) COVID-19 pandemic on USS Theodore Roosevelt. Note that a US Aircraft Carrier has a population of 5,000. The death rate on the Roosevelt, among a healthy crowd, was 1/5000. ..02%

On 13 April, the death of a 41-year-old chief petty officer, was announced.[64] Charles Thacker Jr. was the first active-duty member of the U.S. military to die of COVID-19.[65]

The crew was predominantly young (mean age, 27 years) and was in general good health, meeting U.S. Navy standards for sea duty. Over the course of the outbreak, 1271 crew members (26.6% of the crew) tested positive for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection by rRT-PCR testing, and more than 1000 infections were identified within 5 weeks after the first laboratory-confirmed infection. An additional 60 crew members had suspected Covid-19 (i.e., illness that met Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists clinical criteria for Covid-19 without a positive test result). Among the crew members with laboratory-confirmed infection, 76.9% (978 of 1271) had no symptoms at the time that they tested positive and 55.0% had symptoms develop at any time during the clinical course. Among the 1331 crew members with suspected or confirmed Covid-19, 23 (1.7%) were hospitalized, 4 (0.3%) received intensive care, and 1 died. Crew members who worked in confined spaces appeared more likely to become infected.

For item 1 https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/#:~:text=The one situation where an,Covid-19 is much higher.

For item 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_on_USS_Theodore_Roosevelt and https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019375

One more off topic post bashing another poster will cause this thread to go away.
It seems to me the definition here of bashing is dependent on the basher and the bashee so to speak. What exactly are the "offensive" parts? Just so we know where the line is.

It seems to me the definition here of bashing is dependent on the basher and the bashee so to speak. What exactly are the "offensive" parts? Just so we know where the line is.
Seemed like it was a good thread, points being made, with counter points...

Yeah. All the comments about Brain, his profession and his choice of terms for his partner are relevant to the subject matter of this thread. Right.
Didn't seem offensive, it was a descriptor. But ok. Psychiatrist that called his significant other partner is off limits. Got it.

Didn't seem offensive, it was a descriptor. But ok. Psychiatrist that called his significant other partner is off limits. Got it.
Yes, I do find it offensive that my diet, profession, views on the death penalty, the language that I use to describe my partner, etc. are being mocked in a thread that has nothing to do with those topics and in which I was not participating, at all. It’s weird and creepy, and I wish you all would stop.

Yes, I do find it offensive that my diet, profession, views on the death penalty, the language that I use to describe my partner, etc. are being mocked in a thread that has nothing to do with those topics and in which I was not participating, at all. It’s weird and creepy, and I wish you all would stop.
I didn't know that was you with the diet, I just remember the commentary. And even if I did, I would've have used the name. I've made 15,000+ posts, simply don't remember what everyone has said and who said it . My post was a case in point being made in the thread about diet and COVID. It seemed relevant to the thread.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
You were mocking me, again. You, more than anybody else here, does that, and I have repeatedly asked you to stop. I don’t do that to you, and I am simply asking for you to return the courtesy.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I was just curious about the partner thing. It stuck out to me. It’s ok. If you don’t want people to discuss their opinions, you probably shouldn’t give them something to have an opinion about.

You were mocking me, again. You, more than anybody else here, does that, and I have repeatedly asked you to stop. I don’t do that to you, and I am simply asking for you to return the courtesy.
I really wasn't, sorry you interpreted it that way. My apologies. Truthfully, until someone brought up your name, I had forgotten about you. Sincerely, Noletaire

Yeah. All the comments about Brain, his profession and his choice of terms for his partner are relevant to the subject matter of this thread. Right.
Most conversation will drift off a bit, but most of it seemed on point, and there were a lot of thoughtful exchanges on the subject. Anyway, I've got a few good topics lined up for the future, hope you join in.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
I was just curious about the partner thing. It stuck out to me. It’s ok. If you don’t want people to discuss their opinions, you probably shouldn’t give them something to have an opinion about.
In a thread about COVID? I was not participating in this thread, and I had not given you “something” about which to have an opinion.

Also, “just curious” doesn’t seem accurate given your commentary around my being ashamed, embarrassed, and emasculated.

I really wasn't, sorry you interpreted it that way. My apologies. Truthfully, until someone brought up your name, I had forgotten about you. Sincerely, Noletaire
You were mocking me the first time that you brought up my diet in a completely unrelated thread, and you certainly knew it was me when you did it. Just stop.

That was the argument I could never wrap my head around.
I agree...
You would have to have the numbers on the different demographics to determine that... and even then, there are number of reasons why someone would cancel a membership.

In a thread about COVID? I was not participating in this thread, and I had not given you “something” about which to have an opinion.

Also, “just curious” doesn’t seem accurate given your commentary around my being ashamed, embarrassed, and emasculated.
It’s going to be ok. Once again, joke. Also, we were just talking about you and brought up observations from your past post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT