ADVERTISEMENT

Glitter Bomb Package

Be sure to stick around to the end. He talks about VPN....it sounds interesting.

They accept cryptocurrency for payment. I’ve heard from reputable sources on the web that that means they’re criminals.

That is awesome. I would buy one!

If that was my car, I would be pissed with all that glitter! Granted, I wouldn't steal a package, but those people will never get their cars clean!

Obligatory...

DEMETRI MARTIN: GLITTER
I like to do crafts. I work with glitter quite a bit. Don't worry, I make tough stuff like daggers and skulls. The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever 'cause glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

I enjoyed that video. Esp the fart spray that is casually dispensed 5 seconds after the perp has been covered with glitter. Loved that touch of spiteful yet practical engineering in order to help in recovering the stolen packages.

Has anyone here had their packages stolen? How common is this?

Living in NYC it's not something I have to deal with.

There are 1500 houses in our community. We have a "community watch" FB page, for lack of a better term.

Literally every day, the most common type of post is: "Hi I live on _____ Street. FedEx says they delivered a package but it's not here....do you have it?"

Funny stuff. I liked the one with Camera blocked in car where the guys friend starts laughing and telling him he should not have taken the package as the second stink spray goes off.

Also remarkable how upset some of them get.

Reactions: funksouljon
That was entertaining! I read one story where someone put a package out with a 50-pound weight inside. I wouldn't be surprised if a thief that wrenches their back sues and wins.

Hilarious. I would definitely buy one if he put them on the market.

I have thought about putting a box out front with a bunch of my dog's poop. I have a Great Dane, so there is a lot of it.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Has anyone here had their packages stolen? How common is this?

Living in NYC it's not something I have to deal with.

Usually more than one delivery a week. Can’t recall any that were stolen.
Suburbs on east side of Tallahassee.

I live near a guy that happens to have a welding shop. He had a fancy mailbox that he made that someone kept running over. He ended up booby trapping it so a steel rod came up from the ground just high enough to puncture their oil pan. It worked. There was an oil trail that led to a driveway just up the road from us. He called the police and they told him it is illegal to booby trap things to stop criminals.

He called the police and they told him it is illegal to booby trap things to stop criminals.

I know it is illegal to create ‘man traps’ (eg rig a shotgun to your shed door to blow away intruders), but it seems like what was described here didn’t cause bodily injury.
Did the cops do nothing about the actual criminal?

Garry’s Auto Salvage in Ft Walton Beach was dealing with someone jumping a 10’ fence and stealing parts out of the yard from the adjacent trailer park. They put a few hundred nails through a 4x8 sheet of plywood and left it where the jumper landed. A few days later they found some blood and meat on it, but no thief. The thefts did cease after that...

Reactions: Scalphunter
I know it is illegal to create ‘man traps’ (eg rig a shotgun to your shed door to blow away intruders), but it seems like what was described here didn’t cause bodily injury.

Garry’s Auto Salvage in Ft Walton Beach was dealing with someone jumping a 10’ fence and stealing parts out of the yard from the adjacent trailer park. They put a few hundred nails through a 4x8 sheet of plywood and left it where the jumper landed. A few days later they found some blood and meat on it, but no thief. The thefts did cease after that...
What self-respecting junk yard doesn't have a mean dog or two guarding it?

I talked to the police myself. They ran over his box and stole my FSU box the same night. The police seen the oil trail and looked on their property. He said no proof that the oil trail was actually caused by running over his mailbox even though it was a fresh stain of oil leading into his drive and oil leading from the box up the road. In other words, don't waste their time....he said anything that could cause injury, i.e a steel pointed rod pushing up from the ground when 'triggered'. He understood the purpose, he was just giving a friendly warning of doing such things.

We only got to see the ones that picked up the package. How many times did people steal packages from his doorstep? It's crazy to me how prevalent this sort of thing is.

Not a good idea. I see the scenario where the perp goes back to the home where the package was stolen and does a drive-by.

Not a good idea. I see the scenario where the perp goes back to the home where the package was stolen and does a drive-by.

That would require them to remember exactly where they stole each individual package. I believe this guy placed bogus names & address on the shipping label. I would also think the criminals would be doing this in a different area of town from where they live, as to not be recognized so easily.

That would require them to remember exactly where they stole each individual package. I believe this guy placed bogus names & address on the shipping label. I would also think the criminals would be doing this in a different area of town from where they live, as to not be recognized so easily.

Yeah, early in the video he said he'd addressed it as coming from the kid's name/address from the Home Alone movies (Kevin something), and it was addressed to the names of Pesci & the other robber from the movie

I was surprised he showed the GPS map that included the location of his home within that video.

I was surprised he showed the GPS map that included the location of his home within that video.

Good point!

I’m shocked that we aren’t talking about the dart board that guarantees a bullseye.

Game changer!

Literally

There are 1500 houses in our community. We have a "community watch" FB page, for lack of a better term.

Literally every day, the most common type of post is: "Hi I live on _____ Street. FedEx says they delivered a package but it's not here....do you have it?"

Everyone knows package theft is the gateway crime to murder. Don't be so naive.

Positive thing is it's better for them to steal from your porch rather than break-in your house and steal your property. Just imagine the possible loss in valuables and also having to clean up after a door that's been kicked in or a sliding glass door thats been smashed. Is a pain.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Positive thing is it's better for them to steal from your porch rather than break-in your house and steal your property. Just imagine the possible loss in valuables and also having to clean up after a door that's been kicked in or a sliding glass door thats been smashed. Is a pain.
We've been lucky (knock on wood). Haven't had anything stolen from our porch (yet). I think it's largely due to the fact that I work from home, immediately go to the door if/when the deliverer rings the doorbell, and my car is in the driveway fairly close to our front porch, deterring would-be porch pirates.

We've been lucky (knock on wood). Haven't had anything stolen from our porch (yet). I think it's largely due to the fact that I work from home, immediately go to the door if/when the deliverer rings the doorbell, and my car is in the driveway fairly close to our front porch, deterring would-be porch pirates.

That's good. Also make sure you lock your car doors if parked in the driveway or street. Lots of car hoppers in the middle of the night. People will just walk the streets trying door handles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT